Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289431 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3645 on: December 21, 2014, 04:12:45 am »

Spawn in the wither, trying to stay alive with that damn wither effect on me but i kept dieing, 3 time a charm right? This time he wither me again but i rush him, you might kill me but i WILL kill you, give him the final blow gather up the loot and kickly /home to go back to my house, as i spawn back in my house bam i died again. BUT I GOT THE DAMNED STAR!!! Also... im not quite sure it can be considered a *own*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: December 23, 2014, 09:55:39 pm »

Finally found the water chip and bought some nice gear for once. Ian and Dogmeat died, but I'm rather confident that I can survive without them anyways.

The major change was that I realized I can use however many stimpacks I want without using additional AP. However, there does seem to be a bug where the game will CTD if I heal too much in one turn. Using a Super Stimpack will cause this glitch fairly reliably, which gets very annoying in difficult encounters.

Fallout.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: December 24, 2014, 12:38:04 am »

Finally got my alchemy machine working (Though it's not nearly as automated as it probably should be. Essentia tubes are annoying as hell.), finally made some boots of the traveller, finally got some diamonds, finally did a lot of things. Hell yes.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3648 on: December 24, 2014, 06:07:12 pm »

Did a bit of improvised parkour around a rather obnoxious puzzle (2-seconds to dash per switch, 3 of them with one of them at a right angle), and passed by it with minimal effort. Apparently the game wasn't a fan of that maneuver, and hit me with a much more obnoxious split-second tri-dash, with one more final dash to be sure which a double-jump assists in aiming. Did I forget to mention that each dash gateway is only 1 second long, and difficult enough to shoot the trigger, and aim your dash, and if you botch your aim, you get fizzled out by a grid narrowing your path by 1 person-height precision? You MUST bulls-eye those 3 times, with a final one (with no switch, thank God) holding a checkpoint right in front of you that you also must be precise about. So actually, more like 4 of those bastards.

I nailed it by my 30th-odd attempt (I lost count). The important thing is, I'm finally at Level 3 "The Void" now. If that was level 2, then those reviews were not kidding. This game doesn't mess around.

Pretty, but a brutal game. It puts all my InMomentum and FPS shooting skills to the test. A game like this also needs Oculus support. It's too trippy not to have it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:18:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: December 24, 2014, 08:08:38 pm »

I finally beat one of the big traditional roguelikes!  With a strategy I thought up on my own, no less.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: December 24, 2014, 08:28:50 pm »

After 5 hours of attempts, my team of randoms finally completed White Xmas on Deathwish with the correct masks equipped. Beard acquired!

...I don't think I'll do that again any time soon.  :'(

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: December 24, 2014, 09:20:31 pm »

I finally beat one of the big traditional roguelikes!  With a strategy I thought up on my own, no less.

What strategy? Presumably it's something more indepth than my typical 'Finding no good items? Play conservatively. Else, get loose.' one.
Troll hunter of Nemelex Xobeh.  Large rocks for ranged (of which you start with 5), unarmed for melee, fighting skill/being a troll for survival, and Nemelex Xobeh for becoming a mage.  Ton of options at any given moment, while still being essentially unkillable early game.

The closest thing I had to a an overall strategy besides "do the levels in order from easiest to hardest" was to have a very efficient inventory.  It was constantly packed with rings I could switch to, the most powerful potions and scrolls, and a mix of powerful decks, stacked decks, and one or two "everyday" decks I didn't mind using up.  Items like potions of restore abilities, or spare decks, were just left on the floor and "F"ound when I needed them.  It got the point where I would only carry a single type of food and 2 types of throwing weapons, because my inventory was so packed with consumables.  Most of which I didn't even end up using.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: December 24, 2014, 09:40:12 pm »

My Heavy Shotgun Ranger (affectionately named Big Buffalo Bill) one-shot two Raiders in a single shotgun blast. Not bad for a guy who only started playing about 90 minutes previously!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: December 24, 2014, 09:58:11 pm »

>Running around as a Medic with the Ubersaw in Hightower payload race
>See a sniper standing still close to my team's payload final point
>Decide to try to tauntkill even if it's a really stupid idea
>Walk up, start taunt
>Medic winds back
>Sniper moves and runs away
>Random soldier shoots me in the feet.
>Fly through the air like a majestic medeagle
>"I AM GOING TO SAW THROUGH YOUR BONE!"
>Land right in front of another random soldier
>Saw goes in on that precise moment, soldier is paralyzed
>Saw comes out, soldier is ded
>I win all the tauntkills!

Totally my mad skillz, no luck involved.

Best tauntkill ever.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: December 25, 2014, 12:13:20 am »

-Flight sim snip-

Ha! I know where you live now!  Muahahahahahahaaaaaa!  My evil plan will come to fruition at last!

Tank # 2 ended up disconnecting right after the fight started, it's only my second time in the encounter and I ended up tanking leviathan's ass (literally) as a dragoon while the real tank tanked the end with the teeth. Despite it being my 2nd time doing that fight I managed to stay alive and keep threat with only cross class skull sunder as a threat generator move.   I'm told that the fight is incredibly easy but I'm proud of managing to tank a postgame primal pretty much start to finish as a non tank class. As a bonus I also managed to earn 3 commendations for my efforts.

FF14, first fight vs leviathan.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: December 25, 2014, 07:37:15 am »

I thought taunt animations cancel if you get juggled?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: December 25, 2014, 11:38:47 am »

I thought taunt animations cancel if you get juggled?
Either way, TF2 is filled with all kinds of little glitches and quirks at this point.

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: December 25, 2014, 02:21:27 pm »

IIRC you get knocked back as normal, and you go back to first person but you can't actually move or shoot, others will still see you taunting in the air and tauntkills can still finish
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3658 on: December 25, 2014, 05:50:06 pm »

IIRC you get knocked back as normal, and you go back to first person but you can't actually move or shoot, others will still see you taunting in the air and tauntkills can still finish
Yeah, this, as I discovered several years ago on a reduced gravity server, where an airborne soldier blasted my heavy into the air before getting hit by the pow! before I landed.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: December 25, 2014, 11:25:08 pm »

Not in a game, but the biggest gaming-related own I have ever experienced.

My brother got me a reproduction N64 controller for Christmas. Some of the buttons felt odd, and the joystick would get stuck if you moved it to the left. I decided that I'd attempt to fix it myself before dealing with the inconvenience of returning it and locating another one.

First of all, I discover that one of my miniature screwdrivers is broken- the edges of the Phillips tip were worn away and couldn't grab screws. I had a flathead that still fit the screws though. I couldn't get enough torque to turn the screws with my bare hands, so I had to turn the screwdriver with pliers while also pressing down on the top of it.

Next, I had to take apart the joystick assembly. It's made of three parts: the stick itself, the electronics, and the spring + plastic bit that pushes the stick back to the center after it's moved.

This is where the real nightmare begins. As soon as I unscrew the two halves of the assembly and separate the stick from the electronics, the spring forces the pieces apart like a bloody hand grenade. This is a problem, because I didn't see the way the parts were originally assembled. I apply a small dot of lubricant to the ball of the stick and set to reverse engineering.

The stick connects to the electronics by means of two half-circle bits that form a plus shape, pieces which rotate to create the stick's range of motion. These have slots for the bottom of the stick to fit into. However, the slots are exclusive: You have to put the stick in one, then rotate it 90 degrees to fit it into the other one. First problem solved.

Next, there's this mysterious plastic ring. I didn't see where this originally was, because the spring blew all the pieces apart before I could look. It turns out, this goes immediately in between the stick assembly and the electronics. When you move the stick, the rotation of the half-circle bits mentioned earlier forces this plastic ring out of place. Because the spring is pushing back on the plastic bit which is pushing on the half-circles, the plastic bit will force the half-circles back into their center position, which returns the stick to the center. I figured this out with much trial and error.

Next came the Herculean task of putting the entire thing back together. This took many, many tries because you literally do have to do it all at once: I had to line up the spring, the plastic bit and the sensors, force the two halves of the assembly together, rotate the stick so that it locks into the half-circles, and then hold the entire thing together as I replaced the screw, all while making sure that the spring doesn't slip out of place.

Finally, I got it done. The stick is still a bit mushy, but it's usable and infinitely better than it was prior to my fixing it. All the buttons work fine. I learned many things during this little adventure, but the most important lesson was:

« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:27:32 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 709