Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1293028 times)

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3735 on: January 09, 2015, 04:21:56 pm »

I was sitting in an AA rocket launcher, shooting at a jet flying by and shooting at my team. One rocket got turned by a flare he deployed and it flew away somewhere. A few seconds later, this happens in chat:

>"MAC DONALD HACKER"
>"⁇?"
>"NOOB HACKER"
>"What did I do?"
>"KILLED ME AT MY BASE WITH AN RPG FROM ALL ACROSS THE MAP NOOB"
>"AA rocket got turned around by a flare. It was entirely random."
>"NO WAY THIS CAN HAPPEN RANDOMLY"

Etc. Etc. I should go into a hall of fame or something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm with stupid |
                      v

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: January 09, 2015, 04:39:29 pm »

Near misses are weird. For example, I can clearly see a sniper shot ~1m away from me, but suddenly I get hit 1 second later.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: January 09, 2015, 06:53:09 pm »

Okay, got the passcode for most of the hospital and a neat keycard. This isn't so bad! I mean, I'm still stuck on this horrifying space station millions of miles from the ones I love, but hey! It's not so bad.
Scraping above me.
I scramble into the first room I see and jump into a locker. It's already in the room, because there's a vent here. I should have noticed.
It stalks over, sniffs a bit, and I try not to burst my lungs holding my breath in. I can see the details of it's body; no-one has been this close to this monster without dying.
Finally, it leaves. I step out of the locker, and forget the most essential detail.

Forgot one detail about the monster. It doublechecks. The door opens.

I stare horrified, as it stalks toward... the locker, which it sniffs again, then it leaves through the vent without even glancing in my direction. Makes sense, since it doesn't have any visible eyes.
Why am I still alive? I notice that I was behind a table the whole time.
There is no smiley that described my reaction. Perhaps a combination of :'(, :o, and :D
How did I *own* by hiding behind a table?
Because I was playing

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: January 09, 2015, 07:07:28 pm »

Don't hide in lockers... Didn't you notice how you slam the door alien-alertingly loud?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: January 09, 2015, 07:12:15 pm »

I did get trapped in an annoying loop where alien would come near, I would enter the locker, alien leaves, exit the locker (Loudly), alien comes back, 60 goto 10. I wish instead of just holding down E to enter it loudly, you could press E to enter it quickly but loudly and hold E to enter it slowly but quietly.
The thing is, I like the certainty of lockers. Outside them I never feel safe.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: January 10, 2015, 07:29:14 pm »

Handmaiden does positively obscene amounts of damage with Master Flurry and Master Power Attack. At first I thought the game was glitching somehow, but nope; she can basically one-shot most mooks if she has one of the top-level melee attacks. She basically solo'd the part on Nar Shadaa where Atton and two other party members have to fight through a crowd of bounty hunters to get to the docks; Atton and Bao-Dur were only really useful as cannon fodder. This is a good thing because I built Atton awfully, somehow.

Star Wars: KOTOR2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: January 10, 2015, 08:50:03 pm »

Faster then Light.  Heng died a few moments later, and Giles was on deaths door. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: January 10, 2015, 10:27:22 pm »

Spent a good 10 minutes staying alive fixing up allied tanks and sunderers, occasionally getting a kill on the odd enemy player who poked their head too far out of cover with my rifle.  Then as the fight moved into the enemy base I got a knife kill on an enemy max, killed another max by good old fashioned bullets, and in total I managed to kill a mosquito, a harrasser and a Lightning tank with my crappy explosive crossbow.  The lightning tank was even actively engaging me.  All in one life.   I ended up eventually dying to a headshot while healing a friendly max.  Really the only weapon I didn't score a kill with was my anti tank mines.

Best life yet.  Scored over 10k points total from repairs, kills, and ribbon bonuses.

Planetside 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: January 10, 2015, 10:54:02 pm »

Not sure it's an own, but I went Phlog Pyro for cheesy laughs and held down the entire enemy team at their spawn. So much rage on the other team from two Phlogistinator Pyros tandem activating MMMPH.

Team Fortress 2

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: January 11, 2015, 02:56:41 am »

Not sure it's an own, but I went Phlog Pyro for cheesy laughs and held down the entire enemy team at their spawn. So much rage on the other team from two Phlogistinator Pyros tandem activating MMMPH.

Team Fortress 2

"I'm glad I died"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: January 11, 2015, 11:00:18 am »

So... remember this?

Well... There is another story that you need to know.

After that fight, I grew stronger and stronger with every battle, to the point when very few enemies could stop me.
Until I left for my final mission, that is.
I left for the enemy base with my small army of champions, the 5 new warchiefs I marked and forced to fight by my side.

Then, when I reached the gates I had to conquer, the enemy captain was there, with his army.

It was him. Sakh the fighter was not dead. He was there, looking exactly like the last time I saw him, but with a weird metal plaque on his neck.
To understand my surprise, you must know that this had NEVER happened before; I never had anyone come back from "death" to challenge me again. He was the first one. And did it with style, I'll admit that.

But it wasn't over: as the battle started, I realized something. He wasn't only alive, but he had become stronger. And, ironically, while I was learning how to gather an army, he was learning how to give the right orders to one. His soldiers were dangerous, fighting harder than normal orcs; so dangerous, two warchiefs (the weakest ones, but still, warchiefs) were quickly killed in this fight.
But, I didn't have time for that, I had a captain to fight. For one second, I was happy about this, as we could finally have the final duel we couldn't have the last time; but I quickly discovered that his tactic hadn't changed a bit. He was constantly retreating, leaving his soldiers to fight and shooting from a distance.
Unluckily for him, I now had the right abilities to counter this trick, get close and start our duel.
And honestly, it surprised me. He was a skilled fighter, even with his crossbow. He pushed me to the limit, barely missing a deadly shot twice.
Maybe it was my fault too. I didn't want to use my new, powerful abilities too much against him; I wanted a fair duel.

A duel that lasted for a very long time, too: while my champions were fighting the enemy army (and, honestly, getting their ass kicked by them, but at least they were keeping them away from us), we went on and on for minutes, trading blows.

But, finally, it ended. He was on his knees, but still he didn't give up, challenging me to kill him. And still, as I tried to do so, he almost escaped once again. But, this time, it was the end; I wanted to make sure he would not come back this time. And trust me: he won't.

As soon as their captain fell, the orcs ran away, leaving the battle. The other warchiefs were close to death too: another minute, and the enemy army would have swarmed me, leaving me no chance.

That was the final battle for me; everything else, all the other fights, were just some other story that I had to go through. MY final battle was this one, and it was the perfect ending to my story.

The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: January 11, 2015, 12:19:57 pm »

Managed to take down a big bear. Snuck up on it while it slept, and got a deathblow stab to its skull. It woke up, and we battled for hours(maybe?). I took only two minor hits, while the bear eventually alternated between fleeing and rushing at me. Eventually, it passed out and I finished it off. I managed to cut only about 75% of the carcass' meat(173 cuts) off before exhaustion overwhelmed me. Leaving a piece as thanks for the spirits, I went home, tanned the pelt, and cooked the meat. After the pelt was done, I went to a nearby village and traded it and most of the meat for several baskets and bags of seeds. It's a good thing, too, since the meat started to go stale while I was in the village trading.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: January 11, 2015, 02:47:56 pm »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Miauw62/screenshot/52122954228625396

I don't think I need to say anything else.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: January 11, 2015, 03:03:39 pm »

I guess you can say that didn't...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
pan out for them.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: January 11, 2015, 04:51:07 pm »

I guess you can say that didn't...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
pan out for them.
YYYYEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Anyway, being a monk in any DnD setting. 'Nuff said.

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 709