Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289483 times)

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4125 on: March 25, 2015, 02:54:52 pm »

Ludostone is probably the best item synergy you're likely to ever find, and the Dark Bum is amazing. Way better than Bum Friend, that's for sure.

Yeah, and I've seen other people who got an even stronger version when they got homing shots too. That looks even better... I'll just have to play a thousand times, I'll find it sooner or later.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: March 26, 2015, 07:16:34 pm »

48.8 meters.

QWOP distance.

AW YEAH SON.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: March 26, 2015, 08:27:54 pm »

48.8 meters.

QWOP distance.

AW YEAH SON.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: March 26, 2015, 08:31:59 pm »

But QWOP is the name of the game ???
You seriously haven't heard of it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: March 26, 2015, 08:43:27 pm »

Killed a zombie hulk at two bars torso health using a quarterstaff at 20 pain. Lots of stuns, and he only got one swing off, which I dodged.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: March 26, 2015, 09:12:21 pm »

Headshot, didn't kill the guy. Followed him around for almost an hour, just out of his reach, tormenting him with nearby explosions and stunning any of his allies that could help him. He just gets angrier and angrier, and finally there's nothing in about a kilometer for him or me to destroy left, so I just pop him in the head twice more, then loot his body; Mucho rewards.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: March 26, 2015, 09:27:14 pm »

Ludostone is probably the best item synergy you're likely to ever find, and the Dark Bum is amazing. Way better than Bum Friend, that's for sure.

Yeah, and I've seen other people who got an even stronger version when they got homing shots too. That looks even better... I'll just have to play a thousand times, I'll find it sooner or later.

I've gotten Mutant Spider + Brimstone before.

Charge time = forever, but you will kill nearly everything in a hit with a damage up or two.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: March 26, 2015, 10:16:36 pm »

Killed EOS (the final boss). Still took me half an hour knowing what to do. (Non-elemental weapons, is what to do. Jakobs pistols (for fast firing and reload) if you can.)

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: March 27, 2015, 07:18:38 am »

Charge time = forever, but you will kill nearly everything in a hit with a damage up or two.

I am to understand that synergistic tendencies + bums of darker variety = amazingness?

... yes.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: March 27, 2015, 10:01:28 am »

I am to understand that synergistic tendencies + bums of darker variety = amazingness?

... yes.

Yeah, there are certain items that go VERY well together. Brimstone on its own isn't bad, but it's a base to work off. My best run got Polyphemus (mega tears with a very long delay and fairly short range) and Ludovico Technique (one giant tear that is controllable like Isaac is, but does constant damage scaling with damage stat), and another one had Mom's Contacts + Dark Matter + Brass Knuckles + a bunch of tears up pills + Anti-Gravity + Soy Milk + Scorpio, so I had stationary super-quickly created fearing shielded poison randomly higher damaging tears that I could release in a barrage at once.

Plus, Dark Bum is always amazing - he takes hearts that drop, and occasionally spawns either a hostile spider (smallest, basic kind), a friendly spider or most commonly a soul heart. So basically, you get extra HP containers if you're on a floor that gives you a lot of hearts.

Bum Friend is similar, but gives you bombs, keys, coins and (rarely) trinkets for coins it picks up.

I actually have a video of that Anti-Gravity run, though only post boss rush playing around with the tears.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: March 27, 2015, 10:06:39 am »

After having been defeated by a Lollard rebellion early in the game as the Count of Ce (Picts, ftw) I decided that I would reload it and actually get the 2500-man tribal army I could to defend myself rather than just let them win (I wasn't expecting it to end the bloody game, after all)

This resulted in me getting rid of the Lollards and allowing me to gain a Duke title, on the way to holding as many titles as the rest of the Kingdom of Pictland.

But then I became a Merchant Republic, and got bent over the Firth of Forth by the Vikings shortly thereafter. :(

Crusdaer Kings II: All DLC
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: March 27, 2015, 10:50:04 am »

The most op combination I've seen with brimstone is tammy's head and tiny planet. Each room you get to fill the entire room with death lasers, which is enough to kill pretty much anything in the game. My favorite synergy however is ipecac + monstro's lung + whatever the flaming tears is called and maybe pyromania if I'm lucky (The one that makes you regenerate health when standing in an explosion). Each shot makes a massive burning crater 8)
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: March 27, 2015, 12:16:06 pm »

Pyromaniac makes most of the game utterly trivial. However many bombs you have is now your extra HP. (psst, also stomp attacks like the ones used by Mom and Satan count as explosions, so you can HEAL off them!)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: March 27, 2015, 02:27:55 pm »

Crashed red ship start, nearby asteroid has only iron and ice.  Turn off the gravity generator and consolidate my uranium in one reactor to conserve power.  Decided that in order to move effectively I'm going to cut loose the center rear thruster and use careful maneuvering to re-attach it on the front of the right side sponson.  Cutting it loose is trivial, the reactor takes the longest to dismantle.  Holding it and positioning it is hardly any more difficult.  The real moment of truth is the very last stage of maneuvering, when the merge blocks become active and pull towards each other.  This is the first time I've tried doing a merge of this scale without a second set of eyes to watch, and the moment of dread turns to exultation as the two merge perfectly together, no damage sustained on either end.

Space Engineers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:29:58 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: March 27, 2015, 04:26:33 pm »

Pyromaniac makes most of the game utterly trivial. However many bombs you have is now your extra HP. (psst, also stomp attacks like the ones used by Mom and Satan count as explosions, so you can HEAL off them!)

Also, you can get the Dr. Fetus upgrade, and replace ALL your tears with bombs. THAT makes Pyromaniac the best thing ever. If you can shoot quickly enough, you literally CAN'T lose hearts.

In other news, I finally beat the game again! Twice!

I also lost 16 other runs, but that's less important, right?
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 709