Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292791 times)

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4155 on: March 30, 2015, 05:25:19 am »

KSP is all about the ratio of engine to fuel and booster to payload. Build something that sort of looks like a real rocket and you'll make orbit. Also learn to configure staging, auto staging usually screws up at least one critical detail.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:59:38 am by andrewas »

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: March 30, 2015, 05:26:43 am »

Won my 8th game of League with Evelynn with the following score
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The game is League of Legends, obviously.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: March 30, 2015, 06:09:41 am »

Map is all about the ratio of engine to fuel and booster to payload. Build something that sort of looks like a real rocket and you'll make orbit. Also learn to configure staging, auto staging usually screws up at least one critical detail.

Agreed, the autostaging is horrible. So many failed missions because stages detached in the wrong order.

Also, learn how to use the maneuver nodes when in the orbital map (press M). Once you have it set up, it will tell you exactly what to do to accomplish that particular change. It doesn't know how much fuel you have though, so look at the estimated burn time and compare that to your fuel usage (click the "resources" button, then open the throttle; the number in parentheses at the right side of your fuel gauge is your fuel usage per second).

Scott Manley's tutorials are an excellent resource for all things KSP; he shares a number of useful designs, gives tips on fuel efficiency and occasionally shares interesting facts about real-world space missions.

EDIT: I should mention that Scott uses a lot of mods and plugins for most of his videos that aren't explicitly tutorials, so keep an eye out for that.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:23:10 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: March 30, 2015, 08:59:11 am »

Ah, that's what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to build something that looks like a Russian version of the Saturn XXVI, when I should stick to a Saturn V.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: March 30, 2015, 11:32:39 am »

Ironcast - A Matchthree (But good) Steampunk Mechwarrior Permadeath Timesink.

~-~- This is gonna be bit Explain and OMG Own thing -~-~

Ironcast is good, very good, addictive too. The goal is to defend Britian from the French Army coming in large Steampunk Mechwarrior and Railless Traintanks. The Game starts you with 100scrap (Cash) and what ever Walker you chose to fight in battles to earn more Scrap, Experience, Blueprints (Loot) and finally Wareffort (Soldiers). The first challenge is surviving the sorties you have to face in preparation of stopping the great monster that is the first boss. Much like FTL you can spend forever getting there only to die in 2 seconds to start all over again. I had made it to them only once before and was halfway down before they exploded me...

Anyway I had had a quite successful run, getting over 2000 Wareffort which results in a huge chunk of Hull being removed from the boss equal to the soldiers. I had two rare weapons and a strong shield. This had been my 50th retry and the first time I face him was on my second run (God has no idea how I succeeded that). By matching the different system 'gems' to power Ammo, Energy, Coolant and System Repair which you then use to fight. Coolant being a main concern cause you need it to power the shields, walk and fire your weapons I had gotten two useful abilities through leveling up, one that stole coolant from foe and another which gave me one every round...

BUT, as with all Permadeath Bosses, he comes with Two POWERFUL weapons. One a Laser doing around 100dmg to my Fully Shielded self and a Rocketlauncher that fires 4 rockets doing around 150 dmg if it hit on all accounts. I was scared, "Overdrive" a special gem when used with weapons doubles the shots it can take, and that was how I lost my first encounter...

Trying my best to lower his shields so my shotgun can do damage to ALL Systems at once was my goal, a heavy cannon that fired twice aiming at the shield system took it down a couple of times, but he would repair and get it back up, then I got lucky. Tons of Ammo came down, making sure to make most of my 3 Matches to collect enough I was able to down both the shield and get many good hits with the shotgun onto him, he had 200HP left, I had 100HP. I was scared...

THEN THE RNG CAME DOWN AND BLESSED ME WITH AI STUPIDITY, perhaps his table had no ammo, perhaps it was just him being stupid, but he didn't fire, I was saved, I was able to beat him finally!!!

Now, only gotta click this and the game is ove...... FUCK THERE IS MORE BATTLES AFTER THIS!!! WAIT WHAT!!!

Spoilers in case...

Oh well, time to see how much longer I will last now...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: March 30, 2015, 11:44:29 am »

Re-finished the Metal Zelda Solid segment in Skyward Sword and only got caught once.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: March 30, 2015, 04:58:28 pm »

Was rocking around with dual Colt Walkers, scoring kill after kill and being pretty happy with my random hope-this-hits shots that had 1% accuracy. The killstreak sound was playing pretty much constantly, but I didn't realise how many kills I actually got until someone said "23 kill streak!". By the time I managed to read the chat and subsequently check the scoreboard, I was at 25. Damn I love Walkers.

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: March 30, 2015, 06:13:53 pm »

Was rocking around with dual Colt Walkers, scoring kill after kill and being pretty happy with my random hope-this-hits shots that had 1% accuracy. The killstreak sound was playing pretty much constantly, but I didn't realise how many kills I actually got until someone said "23 kill streak!". By the time I managed to read the chat and subsequently check the scoreboard, I was at 25. Damn I love Walkers.

The best thing is left-handed Colt Walker.  Turns the game into a point-and-click adventure.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: March 30, 2015, 10:17:43 pm »

Walker's the one that hits for like 85-120 and has an absurdly long reload time, right?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: March 31, 2015, 01:23:32 am »

One-shot body-shot six-shot gun.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4165 on: March 31, 2015, 07:45:23 am »

1) In any given untimed Protoss campaign mission, I will ultimately win by the use of an unnecessary number of carriers. Even if the the map is specifically designed to prevent this.

2) Mind-controlling an overlord with zerg units inside it mind controlls the units, and gives you the zerg-support thing the overlord provides.

Starcraft.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: March 31, 2015, 04:28:30 pm »

Playing Persona 3 Portable for the third time and I beat the 5th full moon boss fight.  This isn't so much as me owning but the game owning.
It was pretty challenging (especially since I've beaten it 2 other times) and my heart skipped a beat every time the roulette wheel came down.
All in all, it was a fun fight.

Persona 3 Portable.  Duh.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: March 31, 2015, 09:47:19 pm »

I owned that battle.

Against the king of England (Henry), and I am a vassal of the Welsh.

He had 221 troops, I had 172 troops.

I set my archers to stay back, infantry to guard the archers and had my cavalry follow me to do a flank attack. I never expected it to go this smoothly...

As Henry's army of cavalry closed in my infantry. I set my cavalry to charge at the same time. Some of my cavalry hit Henry's cavalry that were charging at my foot troops, saving my infantry and archers from a charge attack. The main bulk of my cavalry rams through his archers and infantry, killing over 100 of his troops in a matter of seconds. Henry was one of the first to go down. His army never knew what hit them. They didn't even have enough time to do a route. A huge battle, over in less than a minute.

I then go and capture Henry, the King of England. And gave him to the Welsh king to hold as a prisoner.

In the end...I killed 180 of his troops, wounded 41 and only had 6 dead with 27 wounded of my troops.

Damage is normal difficulty, AI is set to good...so realistic settings (except block is set to automatic).

I owned the king of england :D Major victory for the Welsh.

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: March 31, 2015, 10:40:02 pm »

Persona 3 Portable.  Duh.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: April 01, 2015, 10:55:01 am »

Clearing a ferry that had been targeted for an infection mission. I start on the back of the ship, with the only area accessible from my start is the passenger cabins. Not wanting to be on the wrong side of an ambushfest, I set two guys looking down the only hallways, plus two more looking down the the deck outside, and wait. I nearly panic when an Ortnok shows up on the top deck, but neither us or it can fire, and all I can do is land a gas grenade somewhere a few spaces behind him, creating(I hope) a cloud a gas that the Ortnok would have to cross the entire width of to get anywhere, if it wasn't in it already.

After picking off a few Cyberdisks Hovernets, I send my guys moving up the deck, then sending two guys down to the cargo hold and two more up to the next deck - some kind of seating area. I clear that deck, and keep the guys in the cargo hold ready to reaction fire. Reaching the top deck, the soldier I send into the bridge room is nearly surprised by the Ortnok from before, who is standing outside looking in the window. I send the other soldier I sent up there to flank the Ortnok, catching him with a Needler Carronade that the Ortnok, surprisingly, survived but was stunned, probably from the gas damage - I haven't used gas grenades much, so I don't know their full function.

At this point, I nearly panic again, since I noticed two rooms on either side of the cargo hold's access stairs that I didn't see before - I had left my two guys down there extremely vulnerable from behind for several turns. I send those two into those rooms, but initially find nothing. I end the turn with them facing inside the room just in case. During the next turn, I have trouble with the camera, so all I see is "<alien name> has gone into a berserk fury!" followed by the found of a 3-shot burst reaction fire, then "An alien has been killed!". At first, I thought it was the stunned Ortnok getting up somehow(never seen it happen yet), but the only assault rifles on the team were in the cargo hold. Mission accomplished, plus a live prisoner to boot.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 709