Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292852 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5370 on: January 09, 2016, 05:53:17 am »

that feeling when you have the highest score on the server as fist heavy.

nothing like massacring half the enemy team with gru and buffalo steak

TF2, 2fort.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: January 09, 2016, 04:47:00 pm »

Struck down the Legion, some skeletons stuck in spiky wheels and Crossbreed Priscilla and escaped the Painted World of Ariamis after IRL days stuck there. The Legion was tricky, since they could stunlock and kill me with throwing spears and couldn't climb the stairs so I had difficulty picking them off. I eventually ended up poking at them with my Halberd +10 from behind a doorway until they keeled over[Which took oodles of time and Estus]. Priscilla was quite a bit easier. The two-handed Halberd strong attack is a huge spin, which is great for hitting someone you can't quite pinpoint. Plus she's not exactly the most robust boss ever[That giant fluffy dress looks very warm, but isn't really ARMOUR] and I had a bunch of stuff to counter Bleed. Even so, it took a few tries.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: January 09, 2016, 05:17:43 pm »

In case you want to know, your "legion" are actually called Phalanx
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: January 09, 2016, 05:55:59 pm »

In case you want to know, your "legion" are actually called Phalanx

Legion, Phalanx, whatever. :P Close enough.
Spooky Signature

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5374 on: January 09, 2016, 08:20:18 pm »

Not my own, but my friend managed to make some really cool looking armour.

He then ruined the effect...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Modded minecraft.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: January 09, 2016, 08:30:10 pm »

When you say ruined the effect, do you mean the googly eyes? Sorry for asking a question that seems to have an obvious answer.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5376 on: January 09, 2016, 08:34:43 pm »

Yeah, it was the googly eyes.

I have another screenshot where he wore a different hat.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: January 10, 2016, 12:20:55 am »

I find the fake nose and mustache way funnier than the eyes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: January 10, 2016, 06:54:38 am »

Won a round on cp_powerhouse with 150 points that round. The next highest-scoring person had 60.

Must've been the fact that I almost always had a teleporter up, but still.

TF2

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: January 11, 2016, 10:21:47 pm »

Obtained the Lifehunt Scythe, fully upgraded it as well as a bunch of my other gear, avenged my fallen Fire Keeper[So I could use her soul on my Flask, but whatever] killed Ornstein and his absurdly fat friend[With some help], got and placed the Lordvessel with help from a totally-not-illusory-I-promise goddess and a sleepy snake and leveled my Pyromancy Flame up to +15.

Spooky Signature

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: January 11, 2016, 11:13:44 pm »

Well that was quick. It took me a month to get to that point. Good luck on the 4 kings without a great-shield.

Now let's see if you can figue out how to get your pyromancy flame to level 20.  ;D

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: January 11, 2016, 11:24:34 pm »

Well that was quick. It took me a month to get to that point. Good luck on the 4 kings without a great-shield.

Now let's see if you can figue out how to get your pyromancy flame to level 20.  ;D

I've been bingeing Dark Souls HARD for the last week and a half. ~35 hours since I got the game. Granted, a fair bit of that was wandering around being utterly lost[Dark Souls map design is the cruellest part of it besides the PC UI], but still. I also kinda knew a lot of stuff about things from watching Piecewises' LP of it earlier, which helped a LOT[Well, once I figured out how to leave Firelink Shrine, that is].
Spooky Signature

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
« Reply #5382 on: January 12, 2016, 06:33:27 am »

Played Rainbow Six Siege with a two friends yesterday. The other two guys killed themselves and leave the game before the first enemy attack even starts. No problem: we won the game easily without neither of us dying a single time. Three against five, 3-0.

This game is amazing when it really works, a shame the progression is so free-to-playish and that its matchmaking is laughable.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5383 on: January 14, 2016, 09:28:08 am »

Played an unranked five-player FFA, forgot to check the rankings of all the players. My immediate neighbours are obviously new players, but one guy is slightly better than me and another is slightly worse. Boom hard (no-one picks fights early in FFA), kill no less than four scouts with my TC (was pretty pleased), and pretty much eliminated my top neighbour. Score leader comes after me, I'm terribly prepared for his army composition and I get shredded. Nominally lose my base, but fall back to one of my expansions and fight him back. I assume he just gave up under pressure from me and the other good player, because he resigned before I finished taking out his forward base.

Wipe out my other neighbour (who then by various shenanigans hung on to be the last survivor) and meet the last player doing the same thing. The next twenty minutes are aptly summarised by [Trash War Intensifies], with guest appearances by nuclear weapons (onagers). Then his connection dropped, which sucked.

Then I finished rolling up the last two, and to my great surprise emerged the victor of my first ever online game, and pulled off some pretty high level tricks in the process!

Age of Kings, with allllllll the expansions.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: January 14, 2016, 05:36:53 pm »

Did a perfect run - no deaths, no bombs used - on Insane difficulty.

...Only the first level though. Cirno completely wrecked my ass so hard in the level after that Reimu will be crapping ice cubes for a week.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 709