Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292588 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5565 on: February 22, 2016, 08:38:25 pm »

Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: February 22, 2016, 09:19:09 pm »

if the pointy bit is facing the five it means it's more than five, gosh, leave me alone
Black lives matter.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: February 22, 2016, 09:34:41 pm »

Was trying to unlock Magdaline, because while she was my first unlock in first game I'm having a tough time this game. Wound up defeating Mom's Heart with machine-gunned double-tears instead. 1 heart container away. But when I try to defeat Mom's Heart... :P
Well, I consider it an own because I usually get slaughtered in the Womb. So not being instakilled is quite the accomplishment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: February 23, 2016, 05:41:02 pm »

Became BFFs with an ancient sky god, rode it into space to MEGA DRAGON FACEPUNCH a meteor, and then became BFFs with an alien virus that was riding the meteor.

Then I returned to Earth to watch the resulting meteor shower with my GF-next-door.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: February 24, 2016, 07:24:10 am »

Vaike, you had 1% chance to crit, and you critted. You're a Fighter. You don't even have good crit rates in the first place.
He would have died anyway (I think), Vaike.
Fire Emblem Awakening
Black lives matter.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: February 24, 2016, 08:27:45 am »

Before going for the newest game, I give the first one a shot with the mod everyone talked about in dynamic war mode.

After a couple of failed attempts, I go for normal ironman as recommended.

First two missions goes (a little too) well. The first UFO appears and it escapes badly damaged.

Then, out of nowhere...

I get all the fun. :)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: February 25, 2016, 04:54:53 am »

Jebediah Kerman has safely returned from his first orbit! That's right, nothing exploded (except the spent fuel tanks that fell to the ground), nobody died (except those struck by said fuel casings), all parts of the payload were recovered (except the Mystery Goo that burned up on reentry), and I even stuck the landing (except the craft landed on a mountain slope, tipped over and rolled for several kilometers).

EAT A DICK, SPACE!

Kerbal Space Program.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: February 25, 2016, 09:19:06 am »

Sent in to "retrieve" a doctor at a gene therapy clinic who apparently had some information the Spokesman wanted on the Avatar project.  We managed to sneak into the clinic, but a patrol followed us to right outside the door - a Muton, Advanced Trooper, and Advanced Lancer.  Since the extraction point was literally a bit outside the opposite door, I sent one soldier on ahead to grab the target wile the others simply overwatched up and ripped them to pieces.  I was patting myself on the back for about five seconds until a second patrol, this time an Archon with two Mutons, charged in through a window and set up in the right room off the entrance.  A reinforcement beacon went off on the extraction point, and opening the door to prep my escape revealed another pod (which I expected)...various mechs and shieldbearer, one of which immediately overwatched (which I didn't).  The kicker was that I had five turns to extract, and three of these would be needed just to reach the LZ for my furthest troops.  Rather than take the risk of a lucky crit ending the mission, I dinged the overwatch mech with a Haywire stun and immediately had the soldier who captured the target dash out and evacuate. 

Mission accomplished but effectively down a soldier now, I ended up in a massive moving firefight as I pushed as recklessly as I could.  I took down the Archon with combined fire, both Mutons with two Acid Grenades (plus two turns of burn damage; a Flashbang was perfect to keep them locked down while they took their time dying), and the advanced mech (which lit up my cover with a burst attack that put the exit in flames) with more focus fire, then cleared the enemy out of my path with incendiary grenades.  By the end of it, the gene therapy clinic was in flames, half of the enemy soldiers (including the most dangerous) were down, and my team was assembled out in the open at the LZ.  Two-thirds of my team came out with grievous wounds, but they all came out at the very last second, and the surviving ADVENT soldiers came out with a fresh appreciation for the insane fanaticism of these XCOM terrorists.  The two uninjured were the soldier who grabbed the target and my first novice psionic, who I sent because I thought the mission would be a milk run.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:23:54 am by Culise »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5574 on: February 25, 2016, 10:13:11 am »

I drove my Panzer III down the road next to the river, and suddenly an wild IS-1 appeared. I tried to dodge and drove off from the road down into river, and then... I bounced off, flew 20 meters into sky, shoot the IS-1 through the roof, knocking it out, and then I landed on my tracks.
The IS-1 owner basically ragequitted at that point.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: February 25, 2016, 08:29:02 pm »

Managed to create my strongest adventurer to date, an absolute ninja, legendary in every unarmed combat skill ( except biting ), legendary thrower, superhuman strength, agility and toughness, superior in every other physical stat.  So much effort and patients ( not to mention a lot of save scumming ), but I've done it.  The ultimate martial artist/ninja.  And I've just killed my first bogeyman night attack, no real injuries, as quickly and efficiently as I've ever managed to do.  Feels good.

DF Adv mode.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: February 25, 2016, 08:43:40 pm »

Made it to Safe Haven. Everyone but myself was infected, including one who was bit during the first drive out. Everyone survived.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: February 25, 2016, 09:38:37 pm »

Playing Chaos against Dwarfs. All of my players are first level, brand new. The end result was 1-1, but the reason this is an own? A beastman killed a slayer (got saved by apothecary, but still). A Warrior picked up a ball on his first try. He didn't manage to make it to the end, but it doesn't matter, because on the second half not only did a beastman also pick up the ball without fumbling, but passed it to a chaos warrior who ran for it and scored a touchdown. I also wounded three of the dorfs with only a wound of my own. Now am pondering how to level the incredible warrior.

Bloodbowl 2
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: February 25, 2016, 10:51:31 pm »

Block is the safe level up on a warrior. Mighty Blow is the aggressive level up. Guard is also an option, though a lot of pros don't take it early on Chaos. Doubles or other skills are for crazy awesome decisions if you're feeling like a fun challenge.

...we should really have a proper Blood Bowl thread.  :o

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: February 26, 2016, 05:32:52 am »

Block is the safe level up on a warrior. Mighty Blow is the aggressive level up. Guard is also an option, though a lot of pros don't take it early on Chaos. Doubles or other skills are for crazy awesome decisions if you're feeling like a fun challenge.

...we should really have a proper Blood Bowl thread.  :o
I got a double on the warrior and went with the dubious decision of Dodge. I may end up necroing the Blood Bowl thread later today.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 709