Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292696 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6150 on: June 02, 2016, 10:51:32 pm »

The enemy has pushed all the way out into the last point of Temple of Anubis, and killed all the defenders.  They have not one but two Reinhardts, both shielding and facing the one direction that everyone comes out of spawn from.  They also have a few offense characters because almost no one died in the push.  The only defender left alive is me, as Mei, in ice cube form.

Flash forward to the end of the game, we won.  My adorable highlight intro plays before the PoTG.  I come out of ice cube form on the point, pull out my drone, and immediately fall down dead.  What follows is a ~4 seconds of a third person side view of both Reinhardts and everyone they're defending freezing solid.  As the screen fades to black, you can hear "justice rains from above!", and then rockets start coming down from offscreen...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: June 03, 2016, 05:47:49 am »

If it was an ally, what you heard was "Rocket Barrage, incoming!". You only hear "Justice rains from above!" if you're the one ult-ing or if you're an enemy.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: June 03, 2016, 06:04:30 am »

If it was an ally, what you heard was "Rocket Barrage, incoming!". You only hear "Justice rains from above!" if you're the one ult-ing or if you're an enemy.
It could have been that the "Justice rains from above' thing was heard by the Reinhardt player.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: June 03, 2016, 06:06:24 am »

It was a play of the game though, not a killcam?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: June 03, 2016, 07:24:02 am »

What follows is a ~4 seconds of a third person side view of both Reinhardts and everyone they're defending freezing solid.  As the screen fades to black, you can hear "justice rains from above!", and then rockets start coming down from offscreen...
True, but it was also in a killcam.
Course, he himself said that he could be remembering wrong.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #6155 on: June 03, 2016, 07:40:04 am »

With my small battle fleet of 4 ships, two wings of fighters, and a single boarding shuttle (That doesn't go into combat), I manated to take down an entire Hegemony Armada using tactics and tactical use of "kill one of them at a time".

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6156 on: June 03, 2016, 08:37:14 am »

I haven't played AoC seriously in a few weeks. Decided to grab a game, end up against someone ranked about a hundred points above me. I expected it to end terribly, played a poor early game, and then... their midgame just collapsed? Anyway, I won pretty comfortably.

AoEII: HD.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6157 on: June 03, 2016, 11:45:47 am »

With my small battle fleet of 4 ships, two wings of fighters, and a single boarding shuttle (That doesn't go into combat), I manated to take down an entire Hegemony Armada using tactics and tactical use of "kill one of them at a time".

How many ships did you lose? What were your four main ships?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: June 03, 2016, 06:08:06 pm »

Beat a Frenzied Brachydios the first time without dying. AKA a beefed up version of that one monster that everyone complains is overpowered. It honestly wasn't much worse than a normal one.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: June 03, 2016, 08:17:10 pm »

What follows is a ~4 seconds of a third person side view of both Reinhardts and everyone they're defending freezing solid.  As the screen fades to black, you can hear "justice rains from above!", and then rockets start coming down from offscreen...
True, but it was also in a killcam.
Course, he himself said that he could be remembering wrong.
Yeah, I don't remember so I went with the more dramatically appropriate option :P

There definitely were rockets of some description coming in from offscreen.  It happened right before the fade to black and there was a lot of visual/audio noise so its hard to say exactly what happened.  The Pharah was my brother and he told me afterwards that he cleaned house on the point, wasn't specific about how.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: June 03, 2016, 09:24:01 pm »

Beat a Frenzied Brachydios the first time without dying. AKA a beefed up version of that one monster that everyone complains is overpowered. It honestly wasn't much worse than a normal one.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Fight it when paired with an Azure Rathalos, also frenzied, in G-rank. Your opinion will change.
Obviously G-Rank is going to be harder, I don't really see how my opinion of this particular mission will be changed by a completely different one though :P

Also, the fact that he gets help from a friend doesn't make him any harder on his own
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:25:47 pm by IronTomato »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: June 03, 2016, 10:00:20 pm »

The point I was trying to make is that the one mission I just did wasn't very hard :P

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: June 03, 2016, 11:40:22 pm »

Fought and won a very close match. The score was 480-475, with us in the lead. Both teams had 1 capture point, with the third one neutral, so in theory we'd win... but it would be close.

And then I remembered we were on Forest. The neutral beasts here award 25 points, which is normally not worth chasing over a capture point... except right now, because 25 points would push either team over 500 and grant them an immediate win. I suddenly realize that 3 members from their team are hitting their beast, and I've got no teammates anywhere nearby.

So, what's a fragile, high-damage Elementalist to do? Why, dive into the middle of the fight alone and try to steal their beast kill with burst damage!

One burst of lightning later, our team has one of the narrowest victories I've ever seen. In that brief moment, I'd been reduced to 50% health already... but I'd stolen the kill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: June 04, 2016, 09:23:37 am »

Hah, grats!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6164 on: June 04, 2016, 10:53:12 am »

Allllllll the legendaries.

Hearthstone, Tavern Brawl.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 709