Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289394 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6630 on: August 26, 2016, 01:10:22 am »

If you think physical shield is OP, try push.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: August 26, 2016, 01:18:45 am »

There's still a decent pop. New expansion is coming out soon, too. Can't wait!
Preorder from me and get the Iron Gjallarhorn!

* MaximumZero ducks tomatoes for talking about preorders on the internet.
i will EAT YOU
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: August 26, 2016, 04:03:19 am »

explain?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: August 26, 2016, 05:57:46 am »

I beat the game... on easy. It's a start, anyway. Managed to destroy the enemy ship with my boarding crew still inside it twice in the run, costing me a couple hundred bucks to replace them, and still lost one more dude during the first flagship stage because I forgot to time my boardings with the flagship's cloaking, but I did it.
Second stage is usually a pain because of the boarding drones but I managed to set a fire on the drone room, which went out of control as my boarding party killed everyone on the ship.
Third stage, which I had never reached before, was surprisingly easy. There were no more crew alive to board me, the power surges were no pushover with 4 shields and a reasonable evade chance and the super zoltan super shield was more of an annoyance than anything.

Now I'll try it with the Zoltan and Engi ships on AE mode before trying to venture in normal mode, where I still have some trouble reaching the flagship consistently.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Beat Kaguya. Despite her vaguely adorable bangs and five impossible requests, I still dunked her handily. TOTALLY failed her Last Spells, but those are just for bragging rights anyways. I did absurdly well, losing only one life to Marisa and another to Reisen. Now I just need to beat Mokou and Flandre and then I can move on to the next game. TOUHOUQUEST CONTINUES~!

Gratz man. I myself gave up after reaching Eirin the first time, gotta pick it up again some time.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: August 26, 2016, 07:34:39 am »

It is SO MUCH FUN being a pure thief in Skyrim.  Thank you Tamriel Vault Burglar build, this is easily the best time I've had with the game in years.  Pickpocketing is the best feeling, after constant savescumming, I was able to get my pickpocket up to around 80ish, now I can pickpocket equipped weapons of people at a decent success rate, never mind anything else.  People I've pick-pocketed include:

- Asshole Mercer Frey, leader of the frickin Thieves Guild, try being a condescending prick without your enchanted dwarven sword.

- Dirge, another thieves guild ass, threw his shiny steel axe into the river.

- Stole all the crap out of the pants of the bigwig Grey manes and battleborns, I have keys to your houses, gonna visit those later.

- Ransacked the pockets of Jarl Balgruuf and his entire court, yeah yeah I'll get the dragonstone gimme them amethysts.

Skyrim is frustrating because you can't kill people who piss you off and condescend towards you due to them being immortal, but with thieving, I can knock literally every adult in the game down a peg.  Soon, I'll be able to steal the literal clothes of their back.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: August 26, 2016, 07:50:20 am »

killable kids mod.

killable evrryone mod.

skyrim is a posterchild  of letting me know im too stupid to make my own choices. or find a door
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6636 on: August 26, 2016, 08:14:23 am »

Not how I last owned, but I felt pretty damn proud nonetheless.

Playing in the A-10 thunderbolt II on ACE difficulty. Got to the hidden boss [Mobius One]. Shot him down with just guns.
Keep in mind, the A-10's GAU-8 has an angle of depression on it too.
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War

My older brother was unable to do that over weeks of trying in a Su37, and he comes in and sees me just as I finally kill him.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: August 26, 2016, 10:44:53 am »

killable kids mod.

killable evrryone mod.

skyrim is a posterchild  of letting me know im too stupid to make my own choices. or find a door
Essential npcs are to prevent them dying to dragons and whatnot and breaking quests. Essential children is because some stores will outright refuse to sell games where kids die.

Anyway, I managed to take down Hush as Lazarus without a massively OP build, so that's cool.

Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: August 26, 2016, 10:49:35 am »

explain?

The force push spell is instant, low-cost, has zero cooldown, knocks down anything that can be knocked down, and inflicts damage.  Combine with physical shield and a high damage spell (or weapon, I suggest Solus, either of the Murren, or Aeons/Avo's) for trolls and summoners, and you can't be defeated.

Enflame is extremely badass as well, but the whole game is a power fantasy thing, so it shouldn't be surprising that the player has a great deal of OP options at their disposal.

If you ever want to find out how high your combat multiplier can go, there is a mid-game area where an infinite amount of hollow men spawns, using physical shield and will potions it is possible to reach multipliers in the thousands with ease.  This has the side effect of giving you basically infinite experience as well.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:54:38 am by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: August 26, 2016, 11:59:26 am »

killable kids mod.

killable evrryone mod.

Essential npcs are to prevent them dying to dragons and whatnot and breaking quests. Essential children is because some stores will outright refuse to sell games where kids die.

Anyway, I managed to take down Hush as Lazarus without a massively OP build, so that's cool.

Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
Yeah, if essential NPCs didn't exist there would be just as many posts complaining about how some random NPC died to dragons/vampires/whatever and broke some quest.

Skyrim goes a little overboard with it, but it's understandable.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: August 26, 2016, 02:54:19 pm »

explain?

The force push spell is instant, low-cost, has zero cooldown, knocks down anything that can be knocked down, and inflicts damage.  Combine with physical shield and a high damage spell (or weapon, I suggest Solus, either of the Murren, or Aeons/Avo's) for trolls and summoners, and you can't be defeated.
"Combine with Physical Shield and you can't be defeated"? You just explained Physical Shield on its own broski :P
Knocking things down just means you kill them slower while waiting for them to get back up. I mean sure its good for crowd control, but why do you even need that when you can just tank literally everything without flinching and interrupting your stabbytime?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: August 26, 2016, 03:47:14 pm »

You aren't hearing me, it inflicts damage with every cast, you stunlock them to the ground and they never get a chance to attack.  Each hit is weak, but it piles on damage much, much faster than any weapon in the game, has decent AOE, and costs nearly nothing, once you add a mana regen aug to your weapon you stop worrying about the mooks who can usually get in a hit or two in a crowd, because they never get to attack.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:50:54 pm by NullForceOmega »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: August 26, 2016, 07:54:15 pm »

is it just me that doesnt like using exploits to cheese my way through games
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: August 26, 2016, 07:55:43 pm »

No
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: August 26, 2016, 07:56:22 pm »

I mean, no offense to anyone that does, of course.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 709