Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292715 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7200 on: February 09, 2017, 03:09:42 pm »

Worked up enough courage to go from Floor 50 to Floor 100.

Even managed to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The only thing that really got to me was

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: February 09, 2017, 04:42:40 pm »

Spoiler: Akura (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: February 09, 2017, 06:03:51 pm »

Beat the game.

I feel bad for Huang, to be honest. His new status (as living character at the end of a GTA game, for starters) apparently means nothing even when he's the protagonist. I wonder if they'll ever get back to his story, or Liberty City for that matter.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: February 10, 2017, 12:25:28 am »

SNIP, REWRITE IN A BETTER WAY
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:27:54 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: February 10, 2017, 02:45:34 am »

The forces of Chaos have been scattered, in ways I could never have predicted. To summarize:

• I opened by attempting to assassinate Archaon the Everchosen with my best assassin. Amusingly, I had a 41% chance of success thanks to stacked followers, which is hilarious when you realize that Archaon is supposed to be the game's final boss, to be met on the battlefield where he's an overpowered monstrosity, not assassinated by a (skilled) Empire Captain while surrounded by his army. Alas, my captain not only failed, but he managed to injure himself in the process... which I guess is a logical outcome when you're attempting to assassinate the chosen leader of the combined Chaos forces, but still, the numbers were on my side!
  • Evidently enraged by my attempted assault, Archaon charged into battle. I'm not sure if he thought he could beat my two armies, or if there was a gap between them that Archaon thought he could get through. Unluckily for him, that 'gap' was actually Emperor Karl Franz hiding in ambush between two armies that would act as reinforcements. And good old Archaon opted to bring an army with three Hellcannons, two Chaos Chariots, a ton of melee infantry, and nothing else, meaning I could easily surround and obliterate his artillery thanks to the ambush position, then blast his infantry apart with my own artillery. I cleaned house before my reinforcements even arrived, with Franz and his heroes slaying Archaon in personal combat.
  • Apparently inspired by my success, one of my allies decided that he was a match for the other 20-stack Chaos army, this one led by a Lord of Change. His force was hilariously inept at this task, but lucky for him I had two of my armies in reinforcement range... though one of those was Karl's army, still somewhat battered from slaying Archaon moments earlier. I found myself in the rather strange situation of having no units available until after deployment, meaning my forces had to rush across the map to join the battle, and thus I had a horribly-scattered setup with minimal and delayed artillery support. Despite his wounds, Karl was able to mop up two Chaos Giants and two Lords with minimal support, not to mention locking down the critical Hellcannon before it could assault my approaching troops. Sadly, one of my own lords was slain in the battle, mere moments before the foe responsible shattered and fled the battlefield. Rest in peace, son of Sigmar, and be assured that Emperor Franz himself personally saw to the demise of your murderer. Plus, my AI ally was nice enough to soak up most of the casualties despite my frantic positioning, meaning I lost only a few hundred men in the battle.

And so, in one turn, I broke the back of the Chaos army, and I did it all without having to order an attack myself. Now I just have to clean up the remaining Chaos forces, and the campaign will be an easy win!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 01:30:05 am by Thexor »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: February 10, 2017, 02:48:14 am »

Total Warhammer?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: February 10, 2017, 08:47:09 am »

It took long adventures but finally everything came to a conclusion.

Mister level 27 wizard of massive powerful destruction of pure total carnage finally kicked the last boss that was standing between him and victorious deserved glory.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: February 10, 2017, 08:43:08 pm »

I killed the Nameless King with four estus left and Harry Bellafonte's banana boat song playing, despite having been cold cocked at him for a week.

I'm now out of things to kill.

I am sad.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: February 10, 2017, 08:47:51 pm »

There are at least 15 NPCs in Dark Souls 3 that you can kill.
Black lives matter.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: February 11, 2017, 11:14:04 am »

It took long adventures but finally everything came to a conclusion.

Mister level 27 wizard of massive powerful destruction of pure total carnage finally kicked the last boss that was standing between him and victorious deserved glory.

That doesn't look like a boss. At least not the traditional definition thereof.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: February 11, 2017, 11:37:11 am »

Maybe because it's pixelated and in the angle of vision the character is very close to the camera making the thing in the back small, but it's truly final boss material in a lot of ways, traditional and all.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: February 12, 2017, 03:39:05 am »

Died just short of 200 million points, at Youmu Konpaku (the real deal, not midboss). Although I didn't make it to the end, it's the farthest I've ever gotten in a Touhou game without continuing and blows all of my previous runs out of the water. I didn't even have a single death until the Prismriver Sisters, and I only died once or twice to them when they're usually my biggest problem. Fun fact: which spell card they use second depends on which one of them you damage more. I ended up getting a much easier spell card than normal.

I think I've finally learned to see both the big picture and my character's immediate surroundings, as some spell cards and waves that gave me a lot of trouble seemed to have some really obvious gaps that I never noticed. I was missing the forest for the trees, trying to dodge through really thick clouds without looking for an easier route.

I see bullet patterns when I close my eyes now.

TH07: Perfect Cherry Blossom.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:45:34 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: February 12, 2017, 12:09:27 pm »

Although I didn't make it to the end, it's the farthest I've ever gotten in a Touhou game without continuing and blows all of my previous runs out of the water.

For me at least, this is the only way I make progress. I'll spend days not getting past Stage 4 or 5 and then have a run that lasts till the final boss' last spellcard.

Fun fact: which spell card they use second depends on which one of them you damage more. I ended up getting a much easier spell card than normal.

I've beaten this game and I never knew that. I thought that it depended on which character you were.

I see bullet patterns when I close my eyes now.

This means you've become one with the bullets. Rejoice.

Although sometimes that union does make it hard to sleep
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: February 12, 2017, 02:40:24 pm »

Playing Denmark vs England, as Denmark.

Initial buildup went well, and kept more pikemen ready than the English could. The only offensive action they tried was sending a block of 36 pikemen near my town, but kept running away when they ran into my formation of twice that. Produced and upgraded some musketeers, dragoons, and cannons, and used hit-and-run tactics with the dragoons to lure the (by then) hundred or so England pikemen into a killzone for the cannons and musketeers.

Continued a push forward along the map using the dragoons to whittle whatever army the English could manage. As I got a full-size company of 18th-century musketeers to the front, I also captured some English cannons and started bombing their mines with them. Pushed into their town, mowing down any inhabitants and defenders under a hail of musket fire, and captured a Town Center intact. Much of the destruction of their town was caused by them using scorched-earth tactics to deny building capture, or hit by their own cannons as they tried to fight me off. This crippled them, and when I made a final sweep of the town for any survivors, I was declared the victor. All in all, I lost at most around 60-70 men(including two officers because those guys are idiots), they lost around 350 soldiers and 150 peasants.

Fun fact: which spell card they use second depends on which one of them you damage more. I ended up getting a much easier spell card than normal.

I've beaten this game and I never knew that. I thought that it depended on which character you were.
I've always thought this too. And the only thing I saw on the Touhou wiki was that there's actually four Prismriver sisters, but one does not appear in any game or have any official artwork.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: February 12, 2017, 04:03:31 pm »

Wasn't so much my own as it was mechanics conspiring in my favor but hey, it's funny.

When heading for Aldrich there's that big brass door you can open to save yourself some time and when you approach it from the inside that giant spider freak drops down to ambush you. You can open it without triggering the ambush tho and that's what I did, then I approached it from the outside in order to trigger it and lure it outside where there's a bit more room and a bit less hostile turd monsters to stagger you at the worst possible moment. It sees me and drops from the ceiling to attack, except it doesn't to it's usual attack drop but a regular drop. You know, one that procs fall damage, and it hits the ground and dies instantly leaving me fully geard for a fight and slightly puzzled at the lack of any :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 709