Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292732 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7215 on: February 12, 2017, 06:10:58 pm »

Decided to replay PCB to test the Prismriver thing. No lives lost before their boss fight, which is quite impressive, since PCB Stage 4 is surpassed only by MoF and IN in annoyingness. I did end up using up half of my bombs and a bunch of cherry borders, but I got there. And then remembered why I HATE the Prismrivers:

Their first attack[Not even a spellcard] has curvy lasers. I used up two bombs on that stupid thing. Then I went and harassed the violin Sister, since I had vague memories of the trumpet one's spell card being nigh-impossible. I still bombed through the stringy spellcard, but in retrospect, I don't think I really needed to. The final couple prism attacks, despite being their easiest ones, inflicted death upon me for the first time while they were exploding.

Stage 5 started off nicely, up until Youmu showed up. Then I promptly ran into her non-spell and had to bomb through her slashity thing, even though I remembered that it was one of her least deadly ones. Rest of the stage was no problem, but Youmu was another matter. I died to her non-spell[The same one as before, even] and mostly just took knives to a sword fight for her spell cards. Wasn't perfect, but got the job done. Stage 6 Youmu killed me again, with the EXACT SAME ATTACK that had killed me twice before. The worst part is that I remembered being really good at it back when I was trying to beat this game. Had to bomb her last spellcard, but still broke even because of the bomb she drops.

And then on to Yuyuko. I got a terrible start, dying THREE times to her very first attack. After that, things got a bit better. My baseline for her attacks, spell card or not, was one bomb. This was still sustainable because I would often die before using all four bombs and get a refill. Her only attack that I dodged perfectly was her final non-spell, which is so pathetic that I could have timed it out without focusing. Her last few attacks weren't too bad. The annoying one that boxes you in the corner got reset with a knife bomb and was then easy. Her flower chaos attack thingy I did quite well on, only bombing once. And then her Butterfly Suplex was basically a free win since I had two lives[And thus 8 bombs] left. All in all, I finished with one life and two bombs, much better then the skin-of-my-teeth victory I'd had previously.

Honestly, I'd forgotten just how broken SakuyaA is. She gets four medium strength bombs and shots that can either sweep the screen clear of stage enemies or all home in on a boss while having fairly balanced speed. I'd say she's easily the most powerful shot type in the series and, once bombs/specials are factoured in, the third best overall character. Still can't approach the Border Team from IN[Homing strong shots, strong bombs guaranteed to be deathbombs] or Marisa/Nitori from SA[Solid forward shots, incredibly safe bombs that are never wasted], but she still eclipses the rest of the PCB cast.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: February 12, 2017, 06:26:17 pm »

Decided to replay PCB to test the Prismriver thing. No lives lost before their boss fight, which is quite impressive, since PCB Stage 4 is surpassed only by MoF and IN in annoyingness.

What I've found helps throughout most of stage 4 is picking a side and sticking to it, trying to stay out of the middle. The fairies nearish to the beginning (the ones that shoot green and yellow ankh patterns that aim at you) are a good example; staying in the middle sucks but just focusing on clearing one side before they can shoot makes life a lot easier. It also works with the fairies near the end that come down the left and right edges of the screen and shoot kinda star-shaped patterns; staying on one side will let you take out those ones before they can shoot while giving you enough room to semi-comfortably dodge the bullets from the other side. Just don't let them walk you up to the top of the screen or you're fucked.

What really pisses me off about PCB stage 4 is Lily White. I hate that she teleports, I hate that she takes so little damage from bombs (immune while teleporting), and I especially hate having to chase her around the screen because I play Marisa-B almost always.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7217 on: February 13, 2017, 01:55:24 am »

I'd forgotten how fun and generally horrifying flip spear is. I just kind of stopped losing duels when I switched to it.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: February 13, 2017, 12:20:41 pm »

Finally got around to finishing the Season of Revelation campaign on Very Hard. The final battle, the Silver Spire, was a bit hectic as it was hard to pin down Morghur when his shield went down.

Total War: Warhammer
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:22:21 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: February 13, 2017, 12:44:03 pm »

I beat Darkest Dungeon! Strict settings, too.

Slightly annoyed that there was a big update right before I reached the end of the game... Would've liked to finish it without the mechanics changing right before the end, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

...Also slightly annoyed I didn't get the achievement for keeping Reynauld and Dismas alive. I took care of them for the whole game for just that reason, but didn't realize you actually had to bring them along to the final mission to get it. Missed my chance, now.

Still. Good game, very fun. I was expecting it to be harder and less forgiving than it actually was.

Now to never touch Stygian mode because I want to part with this game on good terms. :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: February 14, 2017, 06:52:47 pm »

Not much of an own, but got a killsteal on an enemy Liberator under heavy AA fire, with just one bullet from my Archer rifle.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: February 14, 2017, 08:21:53 pm »

In Caesar 3, I survived by essentially declaring independence from Rome until I could win.

If you piss the emperor off enough he will send legions to forcibly remove you from power. I goofed up my city planning bad enough that I entered that perpetual-economic-spiral-of-failure that happens in sim-city style games when you do really badly. The emperor got mad because I could pay no tribute and fulfill none of his requests for resources and my response was "come and get some."

I fought him off handily, practically rebuilt my city from the ground up, and then once I had a positive economy again I sent him a giraffe as an apology. Now we are bros again, and I send him fruit fertilized with the blood of his loyal legions when he asks me for it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: February 15, 2017, 05:31:16 pm »

Not much of an own, but got a killsteal on an enemy Liberator under heavy AA fire, with just one bullet from my Archer rifle.

Ah I love the archer.  It's funny seeing an enemy tank just driving along somewhere minding it's own business then *plink* and the tank stops dead like 'WTF was that."  Even though it's incapable of doing any real damage to...basically anything but a guy in powered armor or a fighterjet.

Yes I know I should be using it as intended, but it's so amusing running around carrying a gun with a vehicle damagetype.  Even if it does a fraction of the damage most things in that damagetype do.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: February 15, 2017, 06:00:55 pm »

Same here. I'm still using despite carrying the deployable AT turret... which I often use as a stepladder, so that even with the Archer, it still has some use.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: February 15, 2017, 07:15:51 pm »

Dealt 30k damage to the enemy team in the Chester, a tier II cruiser with 18k health.  Its a derpy ball of health that looks like a slightly teched up Civil War ironclad, and I'm getting weirdly attached.  Anyway, I fought my way to the enemy's capture zone losing only part of my health, damaging one cruiser and destroying another.  Unfortunately my team did not do well, and our base had its capture started before the enemy did.  This turned out to be the least of my concerns however.

So the Chester is equipped with high explosive and armor piercing rounds, but its armor piercing is so bad I never expect to pierce the enemy armor.  So instead I just spam HE everywhere, hoping to light the enemy on fire or disable their systems.  Unfortunately, what was waiting for me at the enemy base was not just an enemy cruiser but a tier III battleship, which had no such restrictions and immediately took out a third of my health with the ship equivalent of a headshot.  With no hope of possibly beating the battleship, I turned nose towards it and focused my fire on the cruiser.  I got it down to 750 health before finally dying myself.

At the end of it all, I scored 69 hits, and numerous fires started and incapacitation medals, with one kill.  Considering the incredible inaccuracy of my guns and the long range of every fight except my last, I'll count it as an own.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:50:03 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: February 15, 2017, 07:28:07 pm »

In more Archer fun, a single bullet on a fleeing Lightning tank got me three ribbons - Marksman*, Anti-Tank**, and the Archer itself***.

*For every few kills over 70m away, regardless of weapon. It's probably buggy, I've gotten the ribbon for long-forgotten AT mines half the continent away. Appears to not count for lock-on launchers.

**For every few tanks destroyed.

***Every tenth kill with a weapon earns a ribbon for that weapon.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: February 15, 2017, 07:33:59 pm »

Playing my newest character, Jillian. I got a mission from Rhys to clear College Square. So I exit the police station, head north a bit. I find four Feral Ghouls, two laying in wait, two standing. I run up to the first standing and Dogmeat pulls him off his feet. I gun-bash him in the skull with my double barrel shotgun, killing the Ghoul. I then sprint forward, and on the run, I fire one round into each laying Ghoul's head, killing them instantly. The last Ghoul rushes me while I'm reloading, and Dogmeat attacks. They tangle for a few seconds while I reload, and then Dogmeat pulls him down right in time for me to blast the poor creature into death.

Fallout 4
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: February 15, 2017, 08:46:32 pm »

I fought and defeated two greater fire drakes. Then the zombie dragon that appeared immediately afterwards. All my gear became dragonforged and I only spent thirty minutes running back and forth between the two drakes to keep my pawns alive. And used almost all my curatives. And had to kill my own possessed pawns two or three times.

Dragons dogma; dark arisen.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: February 16, 2017, 08:14:06 am »

Got the UR rank Dark Pendant card, which has been put to very good use.
Also summoned BEWD on the opening turn via white dragon paladin, today is good.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:16:42 am by overseer05-15 »
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: February 16, 2017, 05:56:33 pm »

Astronaut Yi Sun-mi landed alone on the Martian polar ice.  Average summer temperatures: -33.4C.  Average winter temperatures, -59.1C, dropping to easily -100C at night.  Average atmosphere, negligible.  Average odds of survival: low.  She has faced the coldest of Antarctic winters on Earth, but Mars was a beast of another colour.  Instead, she carved out a home on this desolate, beautiful land.  Handing airlock blow-outs that threatened the integrity of her small base, dust storms, resource scarcity, multiple power failures as the winter night and poor atmospheric conditions with low light intensity that prevented her from growing any crops (read: skylights don't work and there wasn't enough power to keep both the heat and the sunlamp running), she survived the worst of what Mars could throw at her.  And, in the process, developed a proper appreciation for having a proper toilet and shower instead of EVA-suit plumbing and wet wipes, or real food instead of freeze-dried ration packs, after spending her first winter in a base that barely had enough power to keep the internal heat over -30C, much less produce enough of an atmosphere through the emergency MOXIE to pressurize the small dome. 

An automated resupply arrived after the first year, and while damage during launch and transit wrecked a third of the cargo, a small nuclear reactor survived the journey to solve the worst of her temperature and power woes.  Now, after 123 sols and just into the start of her second summer, she has finally succeeded in producing enough methane to fuel the Ares Interplanetary Landing and Ascent Vehicle that brought her here, and may now decide whether she will return to Earth or if she will remain in this land she now considers home. 
Which is really no choice at all.  It will remain as an escape pod in case things really go south, but she's sticking around to see this unnamed collection of domes turn into a proper colony.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:02:22 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 709