Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1293021 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7320 on: March 10, 2017, 08:05:13 am »

Beat Gore Magala.

At first it went to Area 5, and by god it wanted to stay there. Area 5 is also the worst possible place to have to fight GM. I got knocked off the ledge to the next area several times, which probably saved me by giving me time to chug a potion.

It eventually left, but not before going into its rage mode. Fun fact I discovered: monsters can go into their rage mode multiple times in a single hunt. I thought I had GM on the ropes, when suddenly projectile spam! That was fun and mildly horrifying. It even stopped limping once it left the rage mode for the second time, so it must have recovered one of the times I ran away to heal and sharpen my weapon.

Finally, after I forced it out of its sleeping spot, it ran back to area 5. I prepared myself for a desparate last stand with no potions or items...

I shot my glaive at it and it fell over ded. I didn't even know the Kinsect did damage. It must have only had 1hp left or something.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I can't believe there's more, that felt very final boss-like.
Yeah, there's a LOT more to do, trust me. Monster Hunter games always seem to have a shitload of content. The only real "final boss" I can think of is a multiplayer-only elder dragon called Gogmazios, since he's the most powerful monster ever available for fighting.

But yeah, if you're fighting Gore Magala then you've seen nothing yet. Just wait until you fight the Super Shag.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: March 10, 2017, 05:32:06 pm »

Two foolish armies of Varg Marauders decided they could take on the all-powerful Archaon the Everchosen. Granted they had double the army I did but they're painful defeat still seems like something of a foregone conclusion.

Total War: Warhammer
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: March 11, 2017, 06:21:20 pm »

Spent much of the game trying to play catch-up when the enemy responded to the one Scout I sent to a relic with over a dozen fighters - resulting in them having significantly higher resources throughout the game. Putting what I had into a Heavy Cruiser, some frigates, and a couple dozen strike craft. My fleet hit just as an enemy attack force was leaving sensor range; rather than pull back to deal with it, I gambled on beating their Flagship before they could pose a threat, and I was building extra ships at my Mothership anyway. It paid off, though I lost nearly all the fighters to a Missile Destroyer, and I had to pull the frigates back, leaving the Heavy Cruiser to finish off their Flagship and force a carrier to jump away(postgame stats suggest it exploded as well).

Though their Flagship was gone, they had a large force near my Mothership and Carrier, and the ships I had there were all strike craft and damaged frigates - and their force was mostly Multi-Gun Corvettes and Ion and Assault Frigates(with Field Frigates protecting them). I had to jump away the main ships, leaving behind the Resource Collectors to buy time. It worked, and with a few hit-and-run maneuvers, the Heavy Cruiser, joined by a freshly-built one and some Heavy Corvettes, broke apart the bulk of the fleet, and destroyed another enemy Carrier. The good news is, that without their Flagship, I needn't worry about any new Carriers or Destroyers.

With one Carrier left(found via probe, confirmed with sensor array), I started to build my fleet, and made an organized attack. The first fighter crafts did a strafing run on the Carrier, then pulled away to deal with their defending bombers, the H-Corvettes targeted their MG-Corvettes, the Assault Frigates attacked their frigates, and the Cruisers tore the Carrier to pieces. While I saw another enemy group going for my Mothership, the destruction of their last build-ship was declared a victory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: March 12, 2017, 06:52:16 pm »

Wrapped up a Hard run through the Gardens of Morr with three tomes and one of the grimoires. Ended up topping the board on all the main scoreboard objectives, including total kills, melee kills, most damage dealt, and least damage taken. Not bad for my third day playing the game!

The game saw fit to reward me for my success... by giving me a hit on all 7 loot dice, which was enough for the random Exotic at the top of the reward list. And an achievement, which is a rather strange thing to get an achievement for ("you got lucky, here's an achievement!"). So I'm now the proud owner of an exotic Fireball staff. Guess it's time to start playing more Bright Wizard...

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: March 12, 2017, 11:04:12 pm »

*Snip*

How's the player-base in Vermintide doing nowadays? I played it a bunch at release and loved it, but I've heard its pretty dead so I haven't gone back.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: March 13, 2017, 12:39:16 pm »

At the moment it's reasonable. I'm using the server browser to find matches, and there's always 30+ open games (not counting 4/4 matches). Last Stand is basically dead though, and worth noting that the game is really cheap right now so that might be inflating the user count.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: March 13, 2017, 01:16:04 pm »

Was in a three-man party in Starbound.

Scored the only legendary weapon that dropped.

Also completed another wing in the HALL OF JUSTICE. This is where I display the cultural artifacts from the countless towns and villages I have eradicated in the name of JUSTICE.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: March 13, 2017, 02:14:45 pm »

The Myogi is so inaccurate that I scored a citadel penetration on a cruiser I wasn't aiming at.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: March 13, 2017, 04:24:39 pm »

I got a Widowmaker from a random drop, which is essentially an Engineer shotgun which uses metal instead of bullets for ammo, but after every shot you get metal equal to half of the damage it dealt (I think). I figured this would be a good weapon to use with the Gunslinger, which I rarely ever use, so I decided to try it out.

I joined a random Control Points map, and immediately started shitting out mini-sentries all over the place and blasting people, managing to rack up a high score very quickly. Within a few minutes, a member of the opposing team declared that I was cancer.

Team Fortress 2

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: March 13, 2017, 04:30:53 pm »

Well geez, that's like the highest compliment you can get if it's from the opposing team.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: March 13, 2017, 05:40:39 pm »

I know. I felt so good about myself :3

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: March 13, 2017, 07:07:17 pm »

I don't suck at Infiltrator.

I'm actually pretty good at sniping stationary targets, and as long as I can flank/get the drop on them that's all I need. Tapping the Q key like a madman also helps, and I even used the spot ability to snipe someone through a tree's leaves.

I've also been able to use the Stalker cloak to sneak past enemy sniping and gunfire to some degree of success. One time I was able to sneak up on someone and backstab them. While they didn't instantly die (full shields will protect you from one knife hit), I was able to then kill them in the ensuing gunfight.

I just want to save up for a harder-hitting pistol. The Beamer looks cool, but such a low damage per bullet isn't really that great for me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: March 13, 2017, 07:56:06 pm »

Hit "Play Now" after going through the extremely basic text-only tutorial, spawned in as some dude with a Luger. Lost the match a few minutes later, but somehow I was in the best-performing squad, plus I managed to get my first kill before my first death, so I guess it counts.

(full shields will protect you from one knife hit)

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA.
Spoiler: Ahem (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: March 14, 2017, 02:42:14 am »

At the moment it's reasonable. I'm using the server browser to find matches, and there's always 30+ open games (not counting 4/4 matches). Last Stand is basically dead though, and worth noting that the game is really cheap right now so that might be inflating the user count.

The userbase is moderately divided: there's a lot of folks who only really play private games because randoms can be unreliable, but there's also a pub scene.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: March 14, 2017, 06:44:46 am »

Spent an hour-long game, Brits vs Wehrmacht(as Brits because US sucks). Discovered that the Valentine light tank can in fact challenge Panzers, especially with two or three squads armed with PIATs supporting it. StuG's will wreck them though. Eventually built a 17-pounder AT gun that was killing Panzers in 2-3 shots, largely neutralizing armor threats except for those presumably teleporting to the flanks.

At some point, the Wehrmacht just stopped trying, and I exploded their base.

Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 709