Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292768 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7335 on: March 17, 2017, 02:15:45 am »

It's a tiny "own," but it's one of my own.  On my first voyage deep into the black, I've finally docked at Amundsen Terminal, one of half a dozen or so tiny outposts scattered out beyond human space, and my intention is that it will be the last human outpost I pass before I continue coreward.  Dropped off a wee bit over 13 million in exploration revenue just reaching this point, including several minor rocks and main-sequence stars not surveyed by any others, and both tripled my bank balance and gained some accolades as an explorer in the progress.  Also patched up some nicks and scrapes due to various mishaps (pro-tips: do not accelerate too close to gas giant ring systems, and - as I posted a while ago - do not kill your superluminal drive while it's still driving you at superluminal velocities). 

Also, the Lagoon Nebula is rather pretty, I think.  I haven't decided if I want to stop by the Trifid Nebula or Traikaae next, though I think I shall wait for the next version to release before I continue on coreward in my little Adder. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RazielReaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: March 17, 2017, 06:33:04 am »

Dodged Syphilis from my Sister-wife.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: March 17, 2017, 09:20:21 am »

It's a tiny "own," but it's one of my own.  On my first voyage deep into the black, I've finally docked at Amundsen Terminal, one of half a dozen or so tiny outposts scattered out beyond human space, and my intention is that it will be the last human outpost I pass before I continue coreward.  Dropped off a wee bit over 13 million in exploration revenue just reaching this point, including several minor rocks and main-sequence stars not surveyed by any others, and both tripled my bank balance and gained some accolades as an explorer in the progress.  Also patched up some nicks and scrapes due to various mishaps (pro-tips: do not accelerate too close to gas giant ring systems, and - as I posted a while ago - do not kill your superluminal drive while it's still driving you at superluminal velocities). 

Also, the Lagoon Nebula is rather pretty, I think.  I haven't decided if I want to stop by the Trifid Nebula or Traikaae next, though I think I shall wait for the next version to release before I continue on coreward in my little Adder. 

Yeah, I just got this game the other day and I can confirm that exploring spehss and looking at pretty things is fun. I've barely started the game and I'm already looking forward to visiting Barnard's Loop.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: March 17, 2017, 11:23:42 am »

First time playing Shadow of Mordor in a while, run the Test of Defiance.  One life, less health.  Can't brand.  Choose not to shadow-strike (teleport up to an enemy, killing them) because that's always seemed OP.  Oh, and you basically need to wipe the entire board of captains and chiefs.

Technically lost.  I needed to kill 6 warchiefs.  There are only 5, and I killed all their captains first, so there was nobody to promote up.  And there's a bizarre glitch in this mode, such that passing time doesn't spawn new captains.

The hardest part was probably the "make the supporter scream" quest.  The supporter hangs out in an arena surrounded by a dozen guys, and you have to hold him for 20 seconds straight.  The game doesn't explain, but basically you need to kill all those guys without raising the alarm or killing the supporter.  I drew 4 of them off with an explosion (such stealth), killed 6 with slow-mo archery, leapt onto the penultimate one, then shot the final one in the foot.  That poor supporter, hehe.

That quest is definitely the toughest IMO, felt pretty good though.
So yeah, Shadow of Mordor
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: March 17, 2017, 04:42:22 pm »

Scored 20 straight wins in Double Battles, taking down Blue at the end. While #18 was harder than him and #19, I was worried Blue might have a shot since he scored first kill and the final matchup was my Lucario and Mawile against his Aerodactyl. I had expected Aerodactyl to use Earthquake and one-shot both, except he used Sky Drop on Lucario. Lucario barely survived, and Aerodactyl largely shrugged off Aura Sphere, but Mawile scored the finishing blow with Iron Head.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: March 17, 2017, 05:59:34 pm »

Solution: Lucario has two hands, so put it in the other hand
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: March 17, 2017, 06:07:14 pm »

Sadly no, that won't work. Pokemon can only hold one item; Lucario can hold a Mega Stone or Z-Crystal in one hand, but he needs the other hand to facepunch people with hadokens.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: March 17, 2017, 06:09:37 pm »

i know, i was kidding
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: March 17, 2017, 07:26:37 pm »

Different game. On a whim, designed a space shuttle with a booster engine, similar to the real life Space Shuttle. I had strapped some solid-fuel boosters to the sides of the booster engine, but that didn't work. Too... floppy. Removed them. Had to rotate the entire launch assembly so that the weight of the booster engine dragged the rocket into a gravity turn(in real life, it's the shuttle's weight that does this).

Had to play with throttle output and flight controls mid-flight, but eventually got to a decent orbit. Noticed while in orbit that the three rocket engines on the rear of the shuttle were misaligned, probably resulting in much of the frustration getting up. Deployed a communications satellite. Retro-burned to decaying orbit, eventually stalled out forward momentum fairly close to the space center. Chutes deployed, and eventually hit the ground, losing only the nose cone(the one with C&C stuff in it) on impact due to the fact that the parachutes were on the top rear of the shuttle and I had not landing gear or anything like that. Plus I forgot any form of power or reaction wheels(plenty of fuel for RCS thrusters, and the RCS thrusters, though). All in all, mission accomplished.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: March 18, 2017, 04:52:44 pm »

We had a escape pod crash outside camp in the very early game. What was inside... wasn't human. It was a wounded Elder Thing. Still, we bandaged it up and, out of gratitude,  it chose to join us. It's 1871 years old and its name could not be pronounced by our colonists, so we simply called it Doris.

Turns out, Doris is an excellent cook. This makes me smile a great deal in the mornings.

Manager Tom: "Ah, another day in paradise. Sentry guns are online, generator power is still steady, and we should be ready to work on the expansion to the freezers today. You up for it Gale?"

Miner Gale: "You bet, just as soon as I wash up and get some breakfast. Speakin' of... Doris, what's for chow?"

Elder Thing Doris: [INCOMPREHENSIBLE ELDRITCH SCREAMING]

Miner Gale: "Aw, man, you remembered! Strawberry pancakes are my favorite!"

Rimworld, with many mods.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: March 19, 2017, 10:25:29 pm »

I got a Widowmaker from a random drop, which is essentially an Engineer shotgun which uses metal instead of bullets for ammo, but after every shot you get metal equal to half of the damage it dealt (I think). I figured this would be a good weapon to use with the Gunslinger, which I rarely ever use, so I decided to try it out.

I joined a random Control Points map, and immediately started shitting out mini-sentries all over the place and blasting people, managing to rack up a high score very quickly. Within a few minutes, a member of the opposing team declared that I was cancer.

Team Fortress 2

I friggin' love the Widowmaker. Widowmaker/Pistol/Gunslinger is a fun loadout, poop out some minisentries and recoup your lost metal by getting some nasty little meatshots.

Widow's stats: Does not require reloads. Uses metal as ammo, 30 metal per shot. From full metal, this means you have 6 shots (like the shotgun) before running out. 1 point of damage= 1 metal returned. If enemy is being targeted by the engineer's sentry, Widowmaker deals +10% damage.
Given that a nice meatshot from any of the shotgun weapons is around 90 damage, the widowmaker is a fantastic little weapon.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: March 20, 2017, 06:24:10 am »

Night pirate raid on my colony. There was 1 sniper (very low shooting skill), 2 shooters (one with LMG, the other with a machine pistol, don't remember their skills), two grenade throwers, a lot of melee fighters, and one guy with friggin' Doomsday missile laucher! I thought the game was over, but the shooter missed. The rest was pretty easy despite superior numbers of pirates.

Rimworld.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: March 20, 2017, 10:40:34 am »

Was going to a spot to hunt goats. Got swarmed by komodo dragons instead. Little bastards like to bite. Almost died, but I think at zero health there's a bit of mercy there, giving me time to jam a needle made from arrowroot and/or screw pine into my arm, bringing me back up to two bars. Used up almost all my ammo killing them and the tiger that showed up to help(them, not me).

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: March 21, 2017, 12:31:33 pm »

I used to do ABC sequencing and MIDI arranging thereof for LOTRO.

I meddled with it again in Archeage.

Now Starbound has it, and the tools since was last really into it (LOTRO) have advanced by bounds. I can make multi-instrument sequences like it aint no thang, and they even sound like I want them to in-game.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: March 21, 2017, 03:17:24 pm »

Not to diminish your ownage, but ABC sequencing has been in Starbound...basically since it was fairly early in development :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 709