Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292886 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7485 on: May 06, 2017, 02:07:58 am »

After about 5 attempts and skill switchups, I finally managed to beat a 225-man mob round - I was worn down to my last health at about 25 guys left, with the golden sword triggered and everything. Felt like a badass, which helped the shame that I had to have that to beat the level in the first place.

One Finger Death Punch
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: May 06, 2017, 08:07:56 am »

After about 5 attempts and skill switchups, I finally managed to beat a 225-man mob round - I was worn down to my last health at about 25 guys left, with the golden sword triggered and everything. Felt like a badass, which helped the shame that I had to have that to beat the level in the first place.

One Finger Death Punch

Video games have taught me that if you don't use whatever you have at your disposal, you're gonna lose.

Then again, survival horror games (and even a few non-survival horror games) have taught me to hang on to the really special stuff so I don't waste it on something...

Hm.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: May 06, 2017, 12:39:33 pm »

Won a Von Carstein VH/VH campaign on turn 72. It helps a lot that the victory condition doesn't require fighting Archaon's boys.

Total War: Warhammer.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: May 06, 2017, 04:26:50 pm »

One Finger Death Punch

Video games have taught me that if you don't use whatever you have at your disposal, you're gonna lose.

Then again, survival horror games (and even a few non-survival horror games) have taught me to hang on to the really special stuff so I don't waste it on something...

Hm.

And then you never use the good stuff because the normal stuff is plentiful and efficient enough, and that you've already used it so much you know exactly how and when to use it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: May 06, 2017, 08:00:16 pm »

I'm never going to manage this again, but in the midst of a military attack on my HQ I managed to shoot down 3 VTOLs with a single RPG.

Saints Row: The Third
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: May 07, 2017, 10:56:18 am »

Took a very long time, but I've finally made a perfectly flat barren world, the entire way around, via cutting down mountains and filling in valleys. It was done for the purpose of building a massive hive city across the planet, at least until the number of NPCs generated crash the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: May 07, 2017, 12:37:48 pm »

I'm never going to manage this again, but in the midst of a military attack on my HQ I managed to shoot down 3 VTOLs with a single RPG.

Saints Row: The Third
*insert obnoxious OH BABY A TRIPLE here*

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: May 07, 2017, 03:00:34 pm »

Not sure if this is really an own, but...

Beat the game.

Sloan's inevitable death was much more satisfying than the death of the final villain in AC3, despite the fact that both deaths take place during a cutscene. Funny how that works.

Now to go recapture the outposts and everything.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: May 07, 2017, 04:02:54 pm »

And isn't the ending song so great?
Blood Dragon's mechanics are a bit shallow compared to FC3, which is why it was a cheaper standalone "demo", but the cinematics (interactive and otherwise) are spot-on.

After a short break, and not having an active Skype call, I beat Undyne without too much trouble.  Turns out FOCUS is as important as DETERMINATION.  Speaking to a recorder instead of holding a conversation, it wasn't hard to learn the patterns.

I thought I'd feel worse.  But she was in my way, and my LV is high.  On to the next challenge.
Also, her music was very Touhou~

Edit for FC: BD's end song
So 90's, not even 80's.
And friends through eternity- loyalty, honesty... hng.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 06:13:43 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: May 07, 2017, 11:59:45 pm »

Stumped Akinator for the first time in a while, with The Unicorn Wizard. It asked me a lot of questions leading to Danny Sexbang, and brought up other Youtube characters, but didn't make the distinction after three rounds.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: May 08, 2017, 09:13:42 am »

Made someone ragequit twice due to my "camping". Note: I was simply holding the capture point while attacking a base, the thing you are supposed to do in this game.

Noobstomping is fun, but occasionally I feel kinda bad about it.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: May 08, 2017, 09:16:22 am »

Finally got StuG IV. I've been casually grinding it down since the personal missions started, only after the damn arty mechanics were changed I managed to finish the Arty15. Took the tier 6 frenchie and pinned down a bunch of heavies (that remained on roughly on the same spot all the time even as I continuously dropped shells on their general vicinity) to the north corner of El Halluf, netting 2 kills and more than enough assist to get the damn premium.

I miss the common chat.

World of Tanks

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: May 08, 2017, 12:05:50 pm »

Shotgun slugs are an attachment - they greatly tighten the spread of shotguns, allowing them to be used at medium-long ranges. This effectively turns shotguns into pump-action rifles.

I've performed a lot better without shotgun slugs, focusing mainly on enemies at close-medium range. The close-medium range also means I don't need to attach optics, allowing me to spend my supply points on other things.

My killcounts have been a lot higher, at least on co-op mode.

Noobstomping is fun, but occasionally I feel kinda bad about it.

There's a distinct difference between "newbies" and "noobs". If the person you made quit was truly the latter, you shouldn't feel too bad.

Just make sure you can tell the difference before you put your foot down. There's a comic that can help you somewhere, but I can't find the proper one because school wi-fi has filters and the like.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: May 08, 2017, 03:50:00 pm »

A mission to kill many, many people, to sate the thirst of a daemon of Khorne... despite being the Necrons. ???

I was fighting the Imperial Guard. They charged my base. Hilarity ensues.

In a separate battle, that moment when you realize that a Restored Monolith can in fact infiltrate if its near the Necron Lord wearing a Veil of Darkness. I wonder if that's how Creed learned to do that with Baneblades.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: May 11, 2017, 08:24:45 pm »

Won the VH/VH Dwarf campaign in 69 turns, before any of the Chaos stacks arrived, in one sitting session, with a few breaks taken without actually closing the game. I think it took me 5 to 6 hours total.

Total War: WARHAMMER.

I'm getting good at this game.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:26:51 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 709