Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292824 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8715 on: July 01, 2018, 09:08:18 am »

I went left instead of right at the crossroads and I'm not bringing dragons into the world til I rob EVERYONE. I've done more pickpocketing in 2 hours than in however many years I've played. I'm level nine and I got four grand from petty thievery. Also I have stolen steel arrows from every hold guard I've seen, without fail.

Skyrim
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: July 01, 2018, 09:17:33 am »

I went left instead of right at the crossroads and I'm not bringing dragons into the world til I rob EVERYONE. I've done more pickpocketing in 2 hours than in however many years I've played. I'm level nine and I got four grand from petty thievery. Also I have stolen steel arrows from every hold guard I've seen, without fail.

Skyrim

Heh, my waterfront shack in the Imperial City is full of stolen silverware/plates/goblets.  The floor is basically covered now, I like casting fireballs to "make it rain".

They're hardly worth selling, but they *should* be, so it's a nice monument to petty thievery.  Similarly, my Bruma home has a shelf full of carefully arranged gemstones - they shine brightly even in low light.  I'm starting to place sigil stones nearby.

Oblivion

Edit:  Also I think you technically own any arrows you get shot with :P  I like to think the holds of Skyrim actually have a law about that.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:21:21 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: July 01, 2018, 10:29:11 am »

Edit:  Also I think you technically own any arrows you get shot with :P  I like to think the holds of Skyrim actually have a law about that.

Only if they hit you in the knee.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: July 01, 2018, 03:38:12 pm »

It's legal in Skyrim to shoot thieves. As compensation it's legal to steal anything someone shoots at you.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: July 01, 2018, 04:18:39 pm »

Built a propeller-based airplane that is both player- and AI-flyable, though the AI does have trouble with fleetmove orders(it keeps going up into space). Current armament is modest, two 30mm machine guns(GP,GP,GP,Bleeder/Tracer,Fins,Sabot,Sabot,SabotHead) and two 60mm cannons(GP,GP,GP,Bleeder,PenFuse,HE,HE,Composite), but generally functional against small, light targets(like other planes). I plan to add bombs as well at some point. While the plane is slow for a plane(about 25m/s), it's capable of taking off from underwater. It currently costs around 6k materials.

I'm mostly surprised that it handles well under both manual and AI control, most aircraft I build usually require a choice of one or the other.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: July 01, 2018, 05:01:43 pm »

I managed to kill Kellogg without dying horribly because Survival difficulty makes everything a billion times more deadly in addition to neutering your carrying capacity, fast travel, and saves. I miss Hardcore Mode.

To elaborate, you get into a short conversation with the guy that ends the same way every time, with you being forced to murder the shit out of him in incredibly Bethesda-like fashion, at which point his synths start blasting you and he pops a Stealth Boy like a prick. You can't target him in V.A.T.S. while he's invisible, unlike both previous 3D games (even if you couldn't actually use it to fire at any of those targets), so you have to either fire blindly at where he could be while his lackeys are unloading lasers into your everywhere or chuck a Molotov or grenade or something and hope it hits him without immediately killing yourself. Because it's Survival difficulty, where ONE Molotov or grenade or something can kill you just as easily as it kills mooks. Cannot tell you how many times I've mistimed a throw and smashed a bottle of flaming death into cover immediately adjacent to my face, or screamed in horror as an enemy threw one of their own at me and I died with full health.

And Kellogg has about seventy billion HP, and can Stimpak himself, and has a gun that kills you in frighteningly few hits. So I ended up saying "Fuck this", abandoning my pretenses of playing through things The Way They Should GoTM (aka without cheesy bullshit) in the process, and sneak-attack-headshotted him with a five-times-cranked laser musket before he even started talking so the fucker couldn't just heal and run away. His lackeys were laughably easy with the big man down.

I love modes that add needs and diseases and stuff like this to make things feel a little less gamey but man does Survival push my damn buttons sometimes.

(Slightly Modded) Fallout 4
Black lives matter.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: July 02, 2018, 02:05:02 pm »

It's legal in Skyrim to shoot thieves. As compensation it's legal to steal anything someone shoots at you.

This is funny as hell.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: July 02, 2018, 02:30:10 pm »

if someone shoots a projectile at you and it lands in your body it’s now your projectile
Black lives matter.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: July 02, 2018, 02:36:46 pm »

After being forced to flee from my fortified motel with nearby bar and bakery with naught but a broken bat and broken golf club on my person, I got myself thoroughly lost only to stumble across a hardware store. Every single shelf in the hardware store is absolutely packed with nifty shit. Nails. Hammers. Saws. Axes, just about every book I could want. Everything. Now I've got to determine what to do. My best course of action is probably to go find and snag my large food/booze stockpile and hoof it back to a secure location near here.

The only sucky bit is that this is in a mod world that apparently doesn't have vehicles. That would have made my decision a bit easier.

Project Zomboid.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: July 02, 2018, 05:31:48 pm »

I don't always get rage-tells, but when I do, they're quite cancerous. Stay salty, my friends.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: July 02, 2018, 06:34:59 pm »

if someone shoots a projectile at you and it lands in your body it’s now your projectile

It's all part of a plan to re-brand the guard's prodigious murder rate as an absurdly high suicide rate among the criminal elements- as evidenced by the fact that they legally owned and wholly controlled the instruments of their own demise at their moment of death.

Clearly, it's the criminal's guilt over their crimes that's driving them to these actions.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: July 03, 2018, 03:37:12 pm »

I don't always get rage-tells, but when I do, they're quite cancerous. Stay salty, my friends.

You have to provide the rage-text if you say something like that.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: July 03, 2018, 04:05:33 pm »

Something close to "i hope u enjoy that cancer, a2g farm scrub".

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: July 03, 2018, 05:29:19 pm »

My favorite thing to have been called is a "Corset wearing dog-diddler" but that was an NPC in ESO. I've become numb to the offensive statements of living man.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: July 03, 2018, 05:57:28 pm »

My favorite thing to have been called is a "Corset wearing dog-diddler" but that was an NPC in ESO. I've become numb to the offensive statements of living man.

There's an NPC in Earthbound that just goes "Don't go to heaven!"

Spoiler: And then there's this (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 709