Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1294486 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8730 on: July 04, 2018, 05:00:44 pm »

Something about walking into a room, killing the first two guards with a shotgun blast, then throwing your swords at the other two, then ducking out before their bullets reach you, then watching your swords make them dead, just feels... awesome.

Heat Signature.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8731 on: July 04, 2018, 06:48:58 pm »

Doing a Defection mission, had to assassinate somebody on a ship crawling with guards. The target was in a room with three other guards, and they would take turns sending someone at random to a console in another room. Problem: the room they were in was the junction of several corridors, the only consoles they'd go to would require me to go through that junction to reach. I'd have to face at least three at once. Solution: one of the guards I previously dropped had a Sidewinder, which lets you teleport to any spot that you can path to. I simply waited until the target was the one leaving the room, and I teleported behind him and shanked him.

Bigger problem: Immediately another guard decided it was his turn to leave the room. Had no time to really do anything, and the guard shot me. Then he threw me out of the airlock.

Solution: Before I bled out, I RC'd my pod to pick me up and return to station. Mission Accomplished.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: July 04, 2018, 09:50:01 pm »

I called out Winston in No Limits. Our team goes Winston. Everyone is a gorilla.

We meet they enemy. They are also, Winston. Planet of the Apes ensued.

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: July 04, 2018, 10:17:06 pm »

I hate Winston, whenever I fight Winston I can't significantly hurt him and get absolutely destroyed.  When I play as Winston I either get avoided and ignored harder than zookepers asking the internet to stop making memes about their dead gorilla, or destroyed faster than a watermelon at a Gallagher tribute comedians convention.

My own: Played Spelunky for the first time in years and managed to get to the jungle first try without dying. 

I was very proud of myself.  I'm sure that pride flavored my meat wonderfully when I tried to goomba stomp that man-eating plant.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: July 05, 2018, 12:21:00 am »

Here's the trick to kill Winston solo, with no help from your teammates: you can't.  Not even as Reaper (if the Winston is good).

You just have to trust your DPS knows what they're doing.  I'm sure it'll be fine.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: July 05, 2018, 12:34:44 am »

I hate Winston, whenever I fight Winston I can't significantly hurt him and get absolutely destroyed.  When I play as Winston I either get avoided and ignored harder than zookepers asking the internet to stop making memes about their dead gorilla, or destroyed faster than a watermelon at a Gallagher tribute comedians convention.

My own: Played Spelunky for the first time in years and managed to get to the jungle first try without dying. 

I was very proud of myself.  I'm sure that pride flavored my meat wonderfully when I tried to goomba stomp that man-eating plant.
pride precipitates a dizzying fall
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8736 on: July 05, 2018, 05:09:46 pm »

You... accidentally ate a spider?
Are you saying you haven't started eating them on purpose yet? Get gud already
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: July 05, 2018, 05:11:29 pm »

Now that all those irritating people pretending to lead nations, factions or whatever have been silenced by the power of my magic I can return to the truly important things in life.
Slave! Tell me a riddle, if I can't solve it within a reasonable amount of time you might be set free.

Into the arena, or the circus maybe?
Anyway, sing me song of the Old Ones, the one that makes people run off to do funny things, like fight the Immortals downstairs with their forks and spoons.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: July 05, 2018, 08:39:57 pm »

Managed to trade some tribals 204 silver in exchange for a Vanometric Power Cell's location on the map... They do realize this things worth 4k silver at least? That's what I'd have given them for it.

Rimworld.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: July 05, 2018, 08:42:56 pm »

It seems that you now have firsthand experience of what imperialism really is...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: July 05, 2018, 09:11:12 pm »

It seems that you now have firsthand experience of what imperialism really is...

He hasn't sent them smallpox-ridden blankets yet
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8741 on: July 06, 2018, 01:36:49 am »

Spoiler: large image (click to show/hide)
And that is how you squash spiders (and outright vaporise 13 of them).
The ones captured are a queen and a death spider.

The X-Com Files, abandoned syndicate lab.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: July 06, 2018, 02:17:23 am »

Showing a results screen is not valid cause for saying "That is how you squash spiders".

What it is it you do, though?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: July 06, 2018, 02:35:00 am »

I built three really nice warframes, and just as they finished it was announced that free Ash Prime warframes would be given away in a few days. While linking some accounts for that I suddenly realized I could get yet another nice Trinity Prime frame by signing up for a Twitch Prime free trial and immediately canceling...

I have gone from 5 frames to 9, with one more coming day after tomorrow. It has been a good week :)

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: July 06, 2018, 02:57:19 am »

Showing a results screen is not valid cause for saying "That is how you squash spiders".

What it is it you do, though?

You shoot them with blaster rifles. And a laser tank.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 709