Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 841158 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1530 on: February 22, 2012, 01:40:22 am »

Alright, I'm going to save it. I'm going to save it, and God help us all, because I've got the situation contained. Ish. Sort of.

Oh fuck what have I done.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 22, 2012, 01:41:47 am »

Alright, I'm going to save it. I'm going to save it, and God help us all, because I've got the situation contained. Ish. Sort of.

Oh fuck what have I done.

Well you did open the safely-sealed entrace into the Hellbunker  :P

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 22, 2012, 03:09:04 am »

This is utter chaos but the situation, assuming that I don't find any MORE breaches in my hastily-constructed Security, seems contained.

We've lost a lot of dwarves though, including Catten the Cat-Puncher, who sealed herself in the DUCKOTRON presumably out of some prescience. The DUCKOTRON is offline until we can reclaim the activator lever, by the way...

Also the ducks may have genuinely saved the fort, the demons took long enough chasing down the ducks that I'd already dropped (which had wandered back into the hellbunker when I opened a path) that they didn't go through into the fort proper.

I should do my final update tomorrow, it's a biggie.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 22, 2012, 08:26:31 am »

Assassin Bug Fiends are no laughing matter.  They were equal to first-generation Karakzon and Tryrar in strength.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 22, 2012, 08:29:16 am »

Also the ducks may have genuinely saved the fort, the demons took long enough chasing down the ducks that I'd already dropped (which had wandered back into the hellbunker when I opened a path) that they didn't go through into the fort proper.

This line will be in my head making me laugh for the rest of the day.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 22, 2012, 01:36:22 pm »

Apparently, ducks are the true heroes of Deathgate.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 22, 2012, 01:41:50 pm »

My time...

my time in this place is nearing its end.

But what glories, and horrors, I have seen...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They drowned another caravan. This just seemed excessive at this point, considering this caravan was from their own Mountainhome. I would like to reiterate that I didn't force them to do this, they just did it. Presumably out of some sick feeling of amusement.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One of the little monsters (the little ones, it was a child) created this thing. An interesting trinket.

It's at that point that something snapped. I lost it. I could not, could not continue watching this. I thought we were evil, but these little assholes are something else. By all that lives and dies, Armok did not place the adamantine and slade to protect the surface from us; he placed it to protect us from them.

I gathered all my being, all that I AM, and threw it against the walls of their bunker in one spot. All my remaining life force, my ability to affect this world...

My brethren wasted no time in following through the breach.

The dwarves created walls to block off the advance, not knowing that while building their DUCKOTRON, they opened more paths for the demons to reach the fortress, another way through which the walls did NOT block...

Baelor the Bastard was the first hero on site. Some say that he was just trudging down there after some adamantine gear that was laying on the ground in the Underworld, but certainly, that must be a lie, because no dwarf would be stupid enough to engage three Saffron Demons and an Assassin Bug Fiend over an adamantine glove... right?

Either way it didn't matter.

More dwarves showed up to try to contain the situation...

They failed.

Maddeningly, one dwarf stood up and held off the assassin bug for longer than most of his compatriots.

The kid lasted about ten seconds, which is impressive given the previous record was about three.

The assassin bug made it into the melted remains of Mitchewawa's bedroom and...

Killed some more dwarves.

Lots more.

The saffron demons decided to take up residence in the Hellbunker apartments. They're wrecking everything, but otherwise just chillin' like lizards and stuff.

The assassin bug earned several names, Greaseriddled the Splattered Carnages (appropriate) and is now relaxing right outside of the ammo bunker. He appears to have no interest in battering down the door and going for more murder, either because he's had his fill for now or because the dwarves have successfully broken the path for the non-flying assassin bug. They hastily broke down several stairways and floors to make it impassable for ground-bound demons.

The first Baelor watches this carnage, including the death of his successor.

Among the dwarves' greatest loss; one part of the Hellbunker which was lost to the demons included most of their ammo supply. Whoever came up with the brilliant idea of putting it there clearly didn't expect anyone to actually let the demons penetrate this far; well, WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!?

Catten the Cat-Punisher, the possessed miner from before, walled herself into the DUCKOTRON right before the demons showed up. She's there for the long haul now; also, the activator lever is part of the occupied zone, so the DUCKOTRON is presently offline.

One of the dwarven children is missing a foot for some gods-be-damned reason. He's earned the name "Tiny Tim" on the grounds that he hit legendary crutchwalker before he hit puberty.

And with that, I'm done. My animate spirit has been exhausted, and I can no longer stay on this world.

I have chosen to reincarnate myself in the most horrible, deadly form I have witnessed. I will visit evil on this world in its purest form, I will see everything burn, and I shall spit in the face of the gods themselves. I will show the world such horrors as have not been imagined...

OOC:

Well, that's my turn. I made an honest attempt at opening part of the Hellbunker to reclaim the hellfarm and the section where the monkey brute was caught, and demons bum-rushed in. I thought I'd sealed it off from the rest of the fort, but there turned out to be three or four alternate routes that I HADN'T walled off, so I lost a fuck load of dwarves before successfully containing the situation.

Among the dwarves that need redorfed are Dortimus and Baelor; they're the ones I KNOW got wasted. I'll let the next overseer take care of that.

My reign resulted in something like 15-20 dead dwarves, which I consider to be fairly good for my normal engineering attempts...

Good luck, next guy! You gonna need it.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5657

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:43:58 pm by kefkakrazy »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 22, 2012, 04:24:46 pm »

Yeah, that ammo. I planned on that being the outermost wall, but people just kept expanding the bottom level. The one I intended to have repeating spikes.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 22, 2012, 05:09:29 pm »

There are spikes there! And they have mechanisms attached!

God knows what they're hooked up to though.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 22, 2012, 05:22:05 pm »

There are spikes there! And they have mechanisms attached!

God knows what they're hooked up to though.

AFAIK, there sould be a lever close to the main dinning hall with a note on them. A obsidian lever if im not mistaken.
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 22, 2012, 06:15:20 pm »

Damned if I was ever able to find the dining hall when I needed it.

I think I built a bunch of upright spears in the fort corridors, linked them up to a pressure plate in the dining hall set to allow civvies to trigger, then hid it all, just to screw with people, though...

(i deconstructed the pressure plate, leave me alone, I'm not that evil)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 22, 2012, 08:26:16 pm »

Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 22, 2012, 08:37:16 pm »

Uh... Kefka?  All your work was in vain;  The hellfarm was on the 'safe' side of the Hellbunker.  All that was taken was a small lobby room that the Monkey demon was sitting in.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 22, 2012, 09:01:39 pm »

You can always count on Kefka to bring the bloodshed.

Seriously I thought my last reign was brutal.  As more and more time goes on, Deathgate is starting to resemble Europe after WW1.

EDIT:

Just opened up the save, all have to say is:

Fuck.

I do NOT envy the person who has to clean this mess up.

I honestly can't tell where anything is anymore.  Old Deathgate, that is the upper portions, are almost entirely abandoned (which I was responsible for after a previous overseer constructed a new fort just above hell) but is filled with all manner of twisting passages, discard clothing, and a few disturbed souls who continue to work on various hellish deeds, chiefly cat butchery. I can't even tell where the entrance is anymore.  The sub-fort has its halls filled with furniture, making me think Deathgate might belong on an episode of Hoarders.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:18:22 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 175