Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1269372 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #1515 on: May 21, 2011, 12:17:34 pm »

I found that storing water and then dumping it seems to increase the amount of water.

Spoiler: See? (click to show/hide)

What app produced this screenshot? I'm assuming you didn't draw it by hand in MS Paint...

World viewer thingy. Makes paint-like maps based on your world files. Look at at fan forums, it's there somewhere.

I have that, and it doesn't go into that much detail (labeling stuff). Is it a new version?
There's a symbols thing that you can turn on in the latest download, I wouldn't know if it was in earlier versions though.
Apparently, it's true that a meteor hasn't spawned yet since my first shadow orb was broken, which was a good in game week ago or much more. Is it ever going to spawn, or should I just break another orb?

Hmm... the only time I failed to get a meteor from a shadow orb, was when I broke two in a row. It does take a while, sometimes. (Other times, the meteor falls the instant you break the orb...  :-\ )

If you're not sure, feel free to break another orb. Remember, even if you break every single orb on the map, you can just generate new worlds to get more orbs.  ;D

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: May 21, 2011, 12:18:15 pm »

Thanks, Haspen. :)

Also, I have decided that building in 2d is so much more fun than in 3d. So I'm going to start building myself a winding Dragon Tower to reach into the sky. Inaugural baby etching: http://i.imgur.com/4kVi6.png
Moogie, I am rebuilding my Home World. Can I please use your Dragon design to flank the tower that will reach the sky???

Sure, I plan on doing more, bigger ones higher up on my tower anyway. I'm flattered you even want to copy it, frankly. :P

As for the meteor, Rakonas, one fell completely randomly in my world yesterday and I've yet to find it at all. So I think, unless you missed the message, one will appear for you eventually.

Here's a question about meteors, though. Can only one fall at any given time? Can others fall if there are unmined blocks of meteor remaining?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 21, 2011, 12:19:27 pm »

Found out there is a way to get infinite water/magma. You can still pick up half blocks of liquids, and get a full bucket. So, if you split the liquid evenly, what will happen, but MOAR SHIT
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 21, 2011, 12:29:36 pm »

...I have already played this game for 25 hours over the past three days. So... addictive... Can't... Stop...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 21, 2011, 12:31:04 pm »

I just had an interesting experience with water and magma.

Water has a tendency to stick to me.  If I end up in an underground lake, chances are that lake will follow me down.  If I end up in another underground lake, that one sticks with me too.

Eventually, I ended up near hell.  I was standing on a little stone platform next to a big magma pool, with about a billion gallons of water flowing around me.  The way the obsidian works most of it was being absorbed, and there were only two obsidian blocks on the magma pool.  Opposite my platform below the pool was an open area.

How did I reach it?  I made a bridge across the magma by digging up the obsidian and letting more form.  Once I was a good way across I started digging down into the obsidian, creating a tunnel of it though the magma.  Hell yes.  Print Screen isn't working so I don't have a screenshot of this magma pipe.  It's cool though, trust me.
Shoes...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 21, 2011, 12:43:47 pm »

As for the meteor, Rakonas, one fell completely randomly in my world yesterday and I've yet to find it at all. So I think, unless you missed the message, one will appear for you eventually.

According to the world viewer program, "IsMeteorSpawned" Is still false. In other news, I reached my 4th, 5th, and 6th floating islands. All three had lucky horseshoes. I think I'll create a new world and continue my quest towards having meteorite armor and rocket boots.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 21, 2011, 01:32:17 pm »

Fuck yes. First skeleton I kill gives me a hook.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 21, 2011, 01:39:28 pm »

How rare are hooks? I've killed at least 34 skeletons and I haven't got a single hook.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 21, 2011, 01:41:55 pm »

Damn rare. I have so far only seen one.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 21, 2011, 01:43:07 pm »

I've seen maybe 3 or 4. No idea how many skeletons I've killed, probably hundreds.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 21, 2011, 01:50:39 pm »

Well that cannot possibly be good. Goblin army coming for me. Though I do have a lightsaber...

Hooks? I've seen 3. They are ridiculously rare.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 21, 2011, 02:01:11 pm »

Godamn it, goblin army came, and i completely wiped them off the board, but they didn't drop a pair of rocketboots :(
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 21, 2011, 02:04:59 pm »

So what did blue do to get all the hate.
Thank you based dwarf.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 21, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »

Goblins invaded today. Dropped three harpoons and a pair of rocket boots. AWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA. :D

Also, DAMN do those boots suck up mana fast.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 21, 2011, 02:11:06 pm »

So what did blue do to get all the hate.

Near as I've been able to tell, just be an easy, accessible, target. Though I've been ignoring the blazes out of all that nonsense. Too busy playing Terraria to watching nitwits snipe at each other :-\

Though re: rocketboots: I hate you all. I've solo'd three goblin attacks and participated in about four MP ones, and I've yet to see any bloody boots. At least I've finally got the sunfury~ It can one-shot fire imps if it hits just right. Beautiful.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 887