Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1269277 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #9795 on: October 02, 2013, 02:58:53 pm »

Can anyone playing a hardmode 1.2-genned world tell me if hallow/corruption still spread/spread through snow? I'd like to build a firebreak before ruining my world, this time, if I need to.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: October 02, 2013, 03:50:43 pm »

Queen Hornet killed easily my new char :'(

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: October 02, 2013, 04:24:07 pm »

I'm coming to understand that the "over 400 new items" has turned out to be remodeled and differently colored stuff. At least tell me that there are completely original new bosses.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: October 02, 2013, 04:33:50 pm »

I'm coming to understand that the "over 400 new items" has turned out to be remodeled and differently colored stuff. At least tell me that there are completely original new bosses.

Yes, it has suffered from Mincraft-ism. Lots of recolors. There are some neat things like spiders, but otherwise it's "you get lead or iron in your world and they're identical except for color. So far the new NPC's are worthless. I don't want a bubble machine or dye. Lategame stuff is different, I guess?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9799 on: October 02, 2013, 04:56:05 pm »

Quick question, would it be ok to start hard mode on the second server? That way the main is safeish for new players and the ones who want hard mode can have it.
I keep tryi g to type hardcore mode instead of hard mode...

Chances no.

I wasn't joking when I said "No one wants to play", it is pretty endemic of the online terraria experience when it comes to servers.
No idea what you're talking about. My last server was hardmode from like day 2 on. This one will be tonight.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #9800 on: October 02, 2013, 05:07:30 pm »

As someone that has soloed the hardmode bosses I can assure you it's possible but it's pretty much always gonna be a bizzare experience no matter how you slice it. Unfortunately I did it a while back and I can only remember the giant mechanical worm dude. Biggest hint - Get the cross accessory and Philosopher's stone and if you ever get hit, get hit by the droids. THey do so much less damage. Like... worm coming for you?

Dive into the droids. You will take like five damage and be invincible about long enough for the worm to pass. Repeat. As far as I know this is the only way to beat him solo, because his body will just destroy you. I vaguely remember just constantly moving forward at an incredible speed and shooting behind me for both mecha skeletron and the twins but that's about all I recall.

It is much easier, and much more enjoyable with more dudes. But it can be done solo!

In other news I quite enjoy the brain of cthulu boss fight.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: October 02, 2013, 05:10:07 pm »

Yes, it has suffered from Mincraft-ism. Lots of recolors. There are some neat things like spiders, but otherwise it's "you get lead or iron in your world and they're identical except for color. So far the new NPC's are worthless. I don't want a bubble machine or dye. Lategame stuff is different, I guess?
The ores are not identical. Some things can only be made with one or the other, and stats on items differ based on which ore is used. Copper tools have reduced range compared to tin, Tungsten is on par with Gold despite being a replacement of Silver, Lead can be made into doors when Iron cannot, et cetera. The differences are fairly small, in the grand scheme of things, but they are there.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: October 02, 2013, 05:14:16 pm »

Another question, any way to change hair colour/style after making a character?

Or any other aspects of your starting appearance, for that matter?
Not as far as I know. But characters are disposable, only thing that matters is the health/mana level. So if you haven't upgraded the character himself too much, just store everything in a chest on your world and start a new character.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: October 02, 2013, 05:19:38 pm »

Even then you can just collect hearts and stars, they aren't particularly rare and you can keep spares forever.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9804 on: October 02, 2013, 05:27:21 pm »

Given how the server suddenly went upon entering hardmode (in fact, pre-hardmode, come to think of it), I'm out.
The only thing that happened is that I said I was going to play singleplayer, then you said you couldn't be bothered with the server any more. So I guess... bye?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9805 on: October 02, 2013, 05:32:26 pm »

No, what happened was endgame stuff appearing on players. Multiple players. Light discs, armours, pixie thingies and the like.

I LIKE it when people have the same progression. Once I drop behind because people took stuff from their single player worlds, leaving me behind, them mining most of the stuff before I can because I lack the ability and such... no. It just gets boring. If I cannot get anywhere at a decent pace due to resource scarcity, I get bored.
That has been happening because everyone ignored the posted request of making new characters, and I got tired of being server police.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: October 02, 2013, 05:35:01 pm »

I share his sentiment too though I'm not particularly vested in the world. I treat the server more like a hub world where you can meet people and see interesting construction ideas.

I would never use it as a home base simply because it's so full of spoilers and it's completely looted. There's nothing there.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: October 02, 2013, 05:36:16 pm »

Dunno. I found a snowball cannon, a sword that shoots swords, an umbrella that slows falling speed and ice skates that give a speed bonus on ice and make it so you can jump on ice without breaking it. And then promptly lost everything because I insist on playing in Hardcore mode. :P

Also there's a machine that takes silt and turns it into random ore and gems.

Most of the stuff was ALREADY recolours. Like the dozen different kinds of brick? Functionally identical. The new update adds a couple more types of brick, and they're exactly the same as all the previous bricks were, and tucked between the recoloured bricks are a few novel things like ice skates and climbing claws. I'm not sure what you were expecting, but I think it's pretty cool. Also, all the different zombie sprites and ground clutter things look pretty. :)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: October 02, 2013, 05:58:03 pm »

Fireworks and confetti guns. :)

I'm not blaming you- I'd have probably gotten fed up (although mine would have probably involved a lot of angry caps)

It's just that the server now... bleugh. I may come back to retrieve my stuff and start in single player.
I honestly don't recall seeing anyone mention that as a server rule in this thread (and I even asked about it). For my part, I don't have an issue with going back to lower tier gear for PVP and doing stuff together if people want me to (and if others will), but I have to ask why we shouldn't be able to bring high-end gear in to make construction less of a pain in the ass?

Leaving aside that I've already gone through the progression twice in SP and several times for different MP servers; it has lost most of the attraction for me, because there's no real exploration element like there is in Minecraft, just more repetitious grind. It's not even a challenge once you've done it the first time, just tedium... maybe it'll be different with Starbound.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9809 on: October 02, 2013, 06:40:02 pm »

Its all good guys, just play on the server and have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 887