Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261651 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #9780 on: October 02, 2013, 02:07:37 pm »

And yet still none of these armors enhance my favorite types of weapons... magic and ranged.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: October 02, 2013, 02:09:30 pm »

Anyone else having trouble crafting light discs? I've got all of the materials and furniture in a new world but the option isn't showing up.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: October 02, 2013, 02:12:46 pm »

And yet still none of these armors enhance my favorite types of weapons... magic and ranged.

Thats covered by Frost armor (Which I have no idea how to get) and shroomite armor

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: October 02, 2013, 02:15:54 pm »

Well you need to find the ice caves.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: October 02, 2013, 02:22:12 pm »

Anyone else having trouble crafting light discs? I've got all of the materials and furniture in a new world but the option isn't showing up.
You need Hallow Ingots, they seem to be dropped by old hardmode bosses - namely, I collected it from Destroyer.

You use these ingots to produce hallowed armor, drills, picks, Drax, axe+pick, light disks, etc.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: October 02, 2013, 02:23:41 pm »

You need Hallow Ingots, they seem to be dropped by old hardmode bosses - namely, I collected it from Destroyer.

You use these ingots to produce hallowed armor, drills, picks, Drax, axe+pick, light disks, etc.

Whelp that just means I need to team up with people who actually play the game in a hardmode setting.

And since no one who plays multiplayer actually "plays" the game... I am on my own.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: October 02, 2013, 02:24:33 pm »

I've got a few sets of armor laying around.  If you wanna specify a tier and an enemy, I can come die with you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: October 02, 2013, 02:26:37 pm »

I've got a few sets of armor laying around.  If you wanna specify a tier and an enemy, I can come die with you.

I just want to actually beat the hard mode bosses so I can get their loot. I am tired of pre-hardmode boss items.

Though it serves me right now trying to exploit the bejebus out of the game.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: October 02, 2013, 02:34:16 pm »

I found Destroyer to be much easier than I previously thought, especially with new items.  Stack defense, Warding etc and Adamantine, then get a clockwork assault rifle with explosive bullets.  Stand atop a heart statue (or two) on a timer, and shoot as it runs through you.  With sufficient defense, cross necklace, and all the drones killed by the explosions, you take damage VERY slowly.  Some 200HP potions and Philosopher's Stone can make you immortal, and you just stand still.  Be careful his head ends up nearby when killed!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: October 02, 2013, 02:36:23 pm »

Yeah, I am not exploiting the heck out of the game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9790 on: October 02, 2013, 02:38:03 pm »

Sent details to all who asked. Again, if I miss you please PM me. I don't post the info publically because last time the world was destroyed within a day by some random person.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: October 02, 2013, 02:39:39 pm »

The hardmode bosses are simply too hard to solo unless you're already endgame and REALLY good.  The only other option I'd say would be to build a platform higher than the Destroyer can leap, and to shoot down at it.  The damage rate and health of these bosses are just made to be 'too strong' because before them, there were only 3 bosses and anyone with maxed gear could take them all on at once, easy.  Newer bosses got their difficulty ramped up.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: October 02, 2013, 02:51:04 pm »

Quick question, would it be ok to start hard mode on the second server? That way the main is safeish for new players and the ones who want hard mode can have it.
I keep tryi g to type hardcore mode instead of hard mode...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: October 02, 2013, 02:51:59 pm »

Quick question, would it be ok to start hard mode on the second server? That way the main is safeish for new players and the ones who want hard mode can have it.
I keep tryi g to type hardcore mode instead of hard mode...

Chances no.

I wasn't joking when I said "No one wants to play", it is pretty endemic of the online terraria experience when it comes to servers.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: October 02, 2013, 02:57:50 pm »

Is the purple wood stronger than iron? It's stronger than cactus at least.
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 887