Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261058 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #870 on: May 18, 2011, 09:13:48 pm »

I found a way to kick-start Hermes Boots. If you jump and grapple the ground, but before you're pulled to the ground you let go of the ground, you should be fast enough for the boots to work.
Also, Terraria refuses to open. The "Launching Terraria" window would open for a second, then close quickly and Terraria's process will idle for a second before closing. I don't know what's happening.

PSUEDOEDIT
Alright then, let me explain how you can use the dirt rod to get to floating islands, as there seems to have been a misunderstanding.

You need: 1 Dirt Rod, 2 blocks of dirt

1. Place block of dirt #1 on ground.

2. Jump onto block of dirt #1.

3. Jump, and place block of dirt #2 below you [atop block of dirt #1.] (You are now on a 2 block high pillar of dirt.]

4. Grab block of dirt #1 with dirt rod, hold it in the air as you jump, and place it atop block of dirt #2. (You are now on a 2 block high pillar of dirt that is 1 block higher than previously.

It's a slow method, but certainly works. The dirt doesn't fall, and doesn't leave behind a metric ****ton of ugly, 1-tile-wide bridges.

Thus.
Ah, I see.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 18, 2011, 09:15:26 pm »

Has anybody tried removing all corruption from the world to see if anything happens? I mean the druid keeps going on about it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 18, 2011, 09:20:16 pm »

Presumably she kills you for putting her out of a job.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 18, 2011, 09:25:03 pm »

Found a nifty glitch.
Sand is infinite. Placing a block in the air will cause it to drop, because the game says, "This block is destroyed" and the Game also says "This is a Sand Block, does it have a block underneath, if yes place, if no Destroy and drop to next closest block below." So therefore, placing sand so that it falls will net you 1.3x the amount of sand you actually place and then destroying it does it 1.7x. You can turn 1 sand block into 250 easily.
Also making Glass and then bottles will net you 50Silver for 100 Bottles so therefore each stack of 500 sand is 1 gold coin...
I think thats a bit abuseable with a bot or something don'tcha think...

\\Returns to making his bottles...\\
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #875 on: May 18, 2011, 09:27:19 pm »

I think thats a bit abuseable with a bot or something don'tcha think...
Yes, but doing so only cheapens your own game. This isn't an MMO where your money abuse can and will crash the economy.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 18, 2011, 09:44:41 pm »

Has anyone found a better weapon than the Phoenix Blaster? (Damage and Speed-wise)
The space gun is nice but it doesn't have the power per shot like the Nix and it can't use the nix's special ammo.

Would something like the Sunfury be more useful?

Also, does anyone know if you can hold down the lmb to continuously fire the the minishark, Because I am considering buying one just for fun.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:48:16 pm by Acperience »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 18, 2011, 09:45:54 pm »

Has anyone found a better weapon than the Phoenix Blaster? (Damage and Speed-wise)
The space gun is nice but it doesn't have the power per shot like the Nix and it can't use the nix's special ammo.

Also, does anyone know if you can hold down the lmb to continuously fire the the minishark, Because I am considering buying one just for fun.
Yeah to the minishark.

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 18, 2011, 09:52:17 pm »

Would something like the Sunfury be more useful?

The Molten Fury with Unholy arrows gives the Pheonix Blaster a run for its money.  It's got the same damage per hit, up to 3 hits per shot, and nearly the same attack speed.  The biggest advantage of the Molten Fury has to be the ammo efficiency.  Unholy arrows seem to have a >50% chance to remain intact, so a stack of 250 will last a long time.  The biggest disadvantage has to be getting the arrows to begin with.  Devourers just don't spawn with the frequency I'd like them to.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 18, 2011, 09:59:01 pm »

I wish they had more decorative furniture like suits of armour, and shields you could put on walls.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 18, 2011, 09:59:44 pm »

I am going to give myself Carpal Tunnel crafting large amounts of stuff.  Why can't I just hold down a button to rapid-craft stuff?  This is a serious pain in the ass, and the hand.

I wish they had more decorative furniture like suits of armour, and shields you could put on walls.

Background windows would be a good start.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 18, 2011, 10:03:40 pm »

Nah, that's just the giant chip on my shoulder about not being 100% l33t pro at every game on launch-day like everyone else in the world seems to do.

Is there some way to edit an existing character's appearance?  I'm getting more sick of my pompadour every time I play.

Don't worry, I'm horrible at these games. Mostly because I like how things look and are less willing to mine straight down because of it, so prefer to spent time exploring for a way down.

Also, I have heard item editors can do this for you, but I don't have any, so I can't say for sure what ones and how they work.

EDIT: Umm, what?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
... sorry for broken spoiler tag :(
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:47:55 pm by Peewee »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 18, 2011, 10:07:38 pm »

The biggest disadvantage has to be getting the arrows to begin with.  Devourers just don't spawn with the frequency I'd like them to.
I believe you can use demonite bars to make larger groups of arrows, at least 20 per bar.

It's interesting how none of the guns just have the punch to justify using another inventory slot for ammo. I use bows simply because pots drop arrows so I'll always have an inventory slot filled with them, may as well use them. Molten Fury even adds some sweetness to that, upgrading normal arrows for free.

Magic items are in a weird sort of spot. They don't pack too much of a punch except for the rapid hitting mass killing ones like Vilethorn, Water Rod and Space Gun(Arguably), they can be finnicky and quickly drain your mana. The single-hit ones really need a buff of sorts, perhaps armor that boosts magic damage?

Finally as fun as it sounds to flood hell it makes it hell to harvest anything down there with the messed up knockback, lack of mobility and air worries. It's easiest to just tunnel down to the bottom of the map and dig horizontally into veins.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 18, 2011, 10:14:07 pm »

Finally as fun as it sounds to flood hell it makes it hell to harvest anything down there with the messed up knockback, lack of mobility and air worries. It's easiest to just tunnel down to the bottom of the map and dig horizontally into veins.

Veins of obsidian? Your thinking of hellstone.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 18, 2011, 10:24:53 pm »

I don't believe I said anything to imply I meant obsidian. The main purpose is to make obsidian of the lava, but it messes up hellstone mining for a large area.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 887