Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254248 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #1260 on: May 20, 2011, 07:58:26 am »

The irony is, that once you have the materials for better stuff, copper is basically useless and you'll still be up to your ass in it.  I obsessively mine every piece that I see of course, because I could always sell it.

What did you think I was going to do with 80 copper bars?

On a related note, wha's the best way to sell it? Ore and bars I know are equivalent in price, but are there any items that beat the 50 copper/ore piece price?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 20, 2011, 07:59:19 am »

The irony is, that once you have the materials for better stuff, copper is basically useless and you'll still be up to your ass in it.  I obsessively mine every piece that I see of course, because I could always sell it.  Does raise the question of why I can't just mint my own coins with the stuff.  It's not like there's a treasury or anything.  Not to mention I built the fucking town, so these guys should take whatever I call money and like it.

Economics 101: I house you, feed you, defend you from hoards of monsters, and there is nobody else in existence that can do the same. See that minishark? Give it to me, now.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 20, 2011, 08:00:25 am »

I suspect that the actual prices would be double what they are. Except for torches and ammo.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 20, 2011, 08:09:36 am »

The irony is, that once you have the materials for better stuff, copper is basically useless and you'll still be up to your ass in it.  I obsessively mine every piece that I see of course, because I could always sell it.  Does raise the question of why I can't just mint my own coins with the stuff.  It's not like there's a treasury or anything.  Not to mention I built the fucking town, so these guys should take whatever I call money and like it.

Economics 101: I house you, feed you, defend you from hoards of monsters, and there is nobody else in existence that can do the same. See that minishark? Give it to me, now.

I suspect this hole in the game's logical presentation is going to turn up in Redigit's suggestion box a lot.  It's bad enough in most RPGs, where you are single-handedly saving the universe from prophesied evil, and the townsfolk don't so much as cut you a price break, let alone give you any gifts or send people to help.  But when you have summoned residents to a civilization that you literally crafted entirely with your own blood, sweat, and tears, you'd think they'd show you a little more gratitude than the availability of their services, and that you'd have some level of control over the goings-on of your fortress-town.

Then again, who am I to say?  I mean, you can't craft dynamite and miner's helmets yourself, that technology seems to be lost or far away.  Maybe the merchant has to hoof it over a slime-infested countryside (when you're not looking of course) to wherever you both came from to purchase his stock, and understandably demands something to make it worth his time, besides a defensible shop (that Demon Eyes keep getting stuck in).

If anything, one of my biggest requests would be more NPCs.  Like, farmers for a food supply, so the other guys will show up or be available more often.  Better yet, guards to keep the place safe, so I don't have to roleplay Superman in the World of Retards every time the moon turns red.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 20, 2011, 08:14:37 am »

I think they don't like you because of all those horrifying monsters that you keep dragging into town.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 20, 2011, 08:17:31 am »

That's mostly the fault of that party animal Eyethulhu, and they can jump off my ass to take it up with him.  But hey, they knew the risks when they showed up demanding a house.  They should consider themselves lucky that I bother defending them at all, since I know other identical maniacs with entitlement issues would replace them if they died.

Hell, one of these guys even brags about the awesome guns he carries around.  Would it kill him to try using it for once?  Because it's certainly killing him not to.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 20, 2011, 08:19:01 am »

I'm hoping money comes to be more important. Sans a mining helmet or emergency supplies, there's no reason for it and I struggle to think of uses for it via NPCs that aren't already done in more interesting and fun ways.

Although an NPC with a "random deal of the day" would be kinda cool. When there's a battery of 300+ items, maybe larger selections, price cuts, ect... will be in the cards.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 20, 2011, 09:21:14 am »

So I made a small house on other world and decided to smash an orb just for kicks...

'Meteorite has landed!
NPC has died! x3'

Then game crash, and re-load. This time meteorite fell on non-descript forest-like grassland.

PS: Anyways, time to start working on Terravania project :3

EDIT: Ffffu- I could've took pics >:C
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 20, 2011, 09:46:57 am »

I got a hellstone bow.

It has a ridicilously high damage, especially when combined with unholy arrows. Namely, 37 and can hit 3 enemies. Havent found many Jesters arrows, but I assume I could easily kill the giant worm boss with them.

The imps in hell are actually less annoying than I had assumed, just mining with the pickaxe has a tendency of destroying the fireballs before they hit me, some get through with good timing on their part, but happily mining while 4 imps throw fireballs at me is pretty funny.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 20, 2011, 09:50:13 am »

Sometimes they throw two fireballs right on top of eachother, so your pick will only destroy one and the other will hit you.

Imps become a nuisance eventually if only because they spawn all the fucking time.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 20, 2011, 10:29:53 am »

I am oh so tempted to figure out how to mod this game just to make Hellstone blue.
Oh so tempted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 20, 2011, 10:40:06 am »

Better yet, guards to keep the place safe, so I don't have to roleplay Superman in the World of Retards every time the moon turns red.

I just lol'd.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1272 on: May 20, 2011, 10:51:19 am »

I suspect this hole in the game's logical presentation is going to turn up in Redigit's suggestion box a lot.  It's bad enough in most RPGs, where you are single-handedly saving the universe from prophesied evil, and the townsfolk don't so much as cut you a price break, let alone give you any gifts or send people to help.
In their defense, you're already on thin ice with most of these people for breaking in and stealing everything that isn't nailed down.  Be glad they were gracious enough to wait until after you saved the universe to throw your ass in jail.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 20, 2011, 11:07:40 am »

According to the game, meteors have landed twice. I can't see any in WorldView though, and it says that no meteors have landed.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 20, 2011, 11:13:04 am »

According to the game, meteors have landed twice. I can't see any in WorldView though, and it says that no meteors have landed.
It actually said a meteor landed?
I've been having trouble getting them to actually fall in this version.
Bash an orb, boss warning message, blah blah blah..  No meteor.
(And no, it's not just that random delay, unless they seriously increased it; we waited some 2 hours)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 887