Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254478 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #1410 on: May 20, 2011, 11:54:36 pm »

I cannot seem to get any NPCs to move in.. That guide keep moving further and further away from my buildings.
Yes I just bought the game, and have no idea what to do really..

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: May 20, 2011, 11:55:19 pm »

I'm cool with it being not as strong as some of the weapons but offering area of effect damage that helps with hordes and bosses that can be hit multiple times. The ones like that like the Vilethorn and waterstaff are wonderfully powerful, while the space gun and fire flower are kinda eh. Give us a fireball that makes an explosion that does decent damage to a decent area and it'll be great.

Actually... Non-magic gets better options here too :P hillariously. MIND YOU some spells would be more useful if the spawn rates in the game were reasonable or if the mana consumption were considerably less (though some do just outright need a damage increase). For example Prismatic missle would be perfectly fine if hitting enemies around edges were a good idea. Unfortunately taking your time to do so is a horrible horrible idea.

Heck Waterbolt would be great as a 5-mana cost spell. Afterall your competing with... well... Better ranged weapons that already peirce enemies.

Vilethorns problem for example is that its damage is rather poor IMMEDIATELY after Demonite tier. Problem is that by the time you actually get it, you probably don't need it anymore. Which is a shame because it is my favorite magic item.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: May 20, 2011, 11:56:26 pm »

You have demon arrows instead of jesters arrows.

I shall now head out to best you while I still can.

I have jesters, but demons do more damage due to them being piercing. Much more useful.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: May 20, 2011, 11:56:32 pm »

Duke just invited me to my first multiplayer server.  It was... interesting to say the least.  You've never seen a monster invasion until you've seen gore pile at your feet as zombies, slimes, and eyes run smack into your weapon at warp speed.  It's like bunting the apocalypse, as the sun and moon sprint across the sky.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: May 20, 2011, 11:58:13 pm »

Perhaps just have part of magics damage ignore armor? Keep the damage relatively low but having armor not decrease the damage would be amazing and never have it be outdated.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: May 21, 2011, 12:00:26 am »

Perhaps just have part of magics damage ignore armor? Keep the damage relatively low but having armor not decrease the damage would be amazing and never have it be outdated.

I could go for this. It would make me use spells at least. Right now mana is for boots and making fire works with the starfury.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: May 21, 2011, 12:06:51 am »

Don't forget the OoL.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: May 21, 2011, 12:08:02 am »

I cannot seem to get any NPCs to move in.. That guide keep moving further and further away from my buildings.
Yes I just bought the game, and have no idea what to do really..

Npcs won't jump or fall more than 2 tiles. If you've made your entrance zombie proof, it's also NPC proof, unfortunately. You need to build them ramps ect... until they go inside, then remove the ramps. They should settle into their room after that.

Or not. I had a nurse take her sweet ass time getting up the mid level of the base. Eventually she settled in and seemed fine. But hours later when I built a mushroom farm, she immediately moved in down there.

In general, I've noticed NPCs do not go for the "platform ladder" as often as they could. They want something easier to navigate, preferably something that allows for lateral movement.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 01:16:29 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: May 21, 2011, 12:17:03 am »

I could go for this. It would make me use spells at least. Right now mana is for boots and making fire works with the starfury.
Are you actually saying flying across the sky in a flurry of stars isn't a good thing for mana?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: May 21, 2011, 12:19:37 am »

Are you actually saying flying across the sky in a flurry of stars isn't a good thing for mana?

While I do ever so enjoy flying across the sky in a flurry of stars, knowing that blobs of jelly below me are looking on in awe before they are struck down by a purple star, I would also like a reason to swing my flower and make fire balls destroy zombies.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: May 21, 2011, 12:45:38 am »

Do demon alters work underwater?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: May 21, 2011, 12:46:44 am »

Yar.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: May 21, 2011, 12:49:39 am »

Does anything not work under water?

Blargityblarg