Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254508 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #1545 on: May 21, 2011, 03:48:26 pm »

Try this:
Hamachi: TerrariaBay12lol
Pass: Toady
IP: 5.241.85.28
Is this a hamachi network? When I try to join it says the network doesn't exist.

I would be alright with hosting a server, but is there a hamachi network we're using?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 21, 2011, 03:49:56 pm »

I guess you could just put up the server ID's in the thread and PM the PW's to the people who tell you they'd join.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 21, 2011, 03:50:12 pm »

I host server without hamachi, shoot me a pm for the password. Include in-game name etc.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1548 on: May 21, 2011, 03:57:24 pm »

I'm willing to host a server via Hamachi, keeping it up more or less 24/7. I'd like it to be an entirely new server with no characters or items imported from other games, but there is no way to enforce that. If you're interested, PM me today and I will give you the hamachi network name and password.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 21, 2011, 04:27:01 pm »

Large map, I assume?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 21, 2011, 04:28:08 pm »

Me and a friend had one goblin invasion in multiplayer a day or two, and completely smashed them in demonite gear. I ended up picking up two pairs of rocket boots from that, and gave one of them to him since he didn't find any. They're really nice, aside from using up your mana, but I've maxed out that mana due to building a dirt skyroad for collecting stars and red mushrooms. :P

Minor flaw with the skyroad: A meteor struck it, and left only a tiny amount of meteorite ore. This is on a large map, though, so there's a ton of space for meteors to land in.

Also got a sunfury from bone serpents last night.

I've got them combined with a red balloon (from a floating island), a band of regeneration, an obsidian skull, and I swap between flippers, hermes boots, and cloud in a bottle. Interestingly, if you have both cloud in a bottle and rocket boots equipped, you have to triple jump to activate the rocket boots.

We've got an uninterrupted two-tile-wide shaft leading from the surface down to the underworld which we can just jump down and freefall until we reach the underworld (or just before), arresting our fall with grappling hooks, cloud in a bottle, or rocket boots.

I have a smaller blue mushroom farm than the ones you folks have posted screenshots of, but it has a thick clay layer, it's underwater (The mushrooms regrow fast), floating in the air (detached from any other surfaces), with a large amount of open space above it, so that I can see if any of the large mushrooms will grow naturally under these conditions. (I'm wondering if I'll have to avoid harvesting the small ones for a while, if that would affect it, hmm. Of course the mushroom trees may simply not grow at all.)

And I built a water and magma reservoir and obsidian creation base out of glass yesterday, using this concept: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTYeS2vB1ug
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1551 on: May 21, 2011, 04:55:34 pm »

Large map, I assume?
Yes. It's up now, we've been faffing around a bit. We've a small house built and some stairs to it from the spawn

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 21, 2011, 04:56:50 pm »

Improved the baby dragon a bit...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...and started roughly blocking out a serpent on the other side.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He's unfinished (ran out of stone) and doesn't have his wing yet. I like the design so far, but might make him a bit bigger. Also, going to replace the stone with green bricks later.

At the top of the tower is going to be a huge Wyvern, with wings outstretched. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

BowlSoldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't **** with the Great Long Axe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 21, 2011, 05:05:41 pm »

...damn you all for making me buy this game. Any hope I had of getting anything at all done in the next week or two is now gone forever. So... addictive...

Seems a bit odd the way metals are structured in the game, especially in terms of rarity. I made almost nothing out of iron and only found enough gold for a pick and sword, I'm still running around in silver and copper armor. I'm only a couple of hours in though, I'm sure I'll find more.
Any MP servers up at the moment?

Oh, and I'm officially in awe of Moogie's designs. That latest dragon is amazing looking. o.O
Campaigning for wheelchair rights for legless adventurers since 1995.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 21, 2011, 05:13:54 pm »

But this is Bay12... people here can do far, far better than that. :P
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 21, 2011, 05:22:26 pm »

Some can.

Others are happy if they get at least some functionality out of their stuff :/

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 21, 2011, 05:27:15 pm »

Some can.

Others are happy if they get at least some functionality out of their stuff :/

And then there are those like me with a lot of creativity but lack ambition. 

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 21, 2011, 05:29:31 pm »

Yeah ambition is something I lack too.

I considered making a thread in the CP subforum where creative, yet unambitious people could share ideas with people who have ambition and skills but lack ideas.

Never bothered to make it due to irony.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 21, 2011, 05:30:44 pm »

I'm not a big megaproject guy so I'm kind of sad to know I'm approaching the end of the challenge ladder.  I killed skeletron and got Necro Armor, and when I feel like playing again I'm gonna head down and get molten armor and all that.
Shoes...

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 21, 2011, 05:35:55 pm »

404Cast have started a terraria LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zoTyazj6jY
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 887