Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261360 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - Updated: Sunglasses, console server, and more!
« Reply #3030 on: June 04, 2011, 05:41:12 am »

I used to have three pairs of trousers. Very hygienic.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3031 on: June 04, 2011, 05:48:11 am »

So jungle armor is a rare drop, right? Then how did I manage to get 3 pairs of jungle chest plates and a greaves on the first try?

The only rare part seems to be the helm. It took me four seperate trips and approximately 5 hours of non-stop Wasp-slaughtering to find a single helm, whilst during that time I found at least 5 chestpieces and three pairs of boots.

Also, no matter what the wiki might say, maneaters do not drop Jungle set pieces. Ever.
Did you check the code or something?  I'm pretty sure I got my cobalt armor off of a Maneater.  Could be wrong though.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: June 04, 2011, 06:26:35 am »

So jungle armor is a rare drop, right? Then how did I manage to get 3 pairs of jungle chest plates and a greaves on the first try?

The only rare part seems to be the helm. It took me four seperate trips and approximately 5 hours of non-stop Wasp-slaughtering to find a single helm, whilst during that time I found at least 5 chestpieces and three pairs of boots.

Also, no matter what the wiki might say, maneaters do not drop Jungle set pieces. Ever.
Did you check the code or something?  I'm pretty sure I got my cobalt armor off of a Maneater.  Could be wrong though.

That's the difference ;)

Since 1.0.3 release, maneaters don't drop armor anymore. You got your cobalt (now jungle) armor before then :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: June 04, 2011, 06:30:04 am »

I didn't get any Cobolt armour pieces from maneaters during 1.0.2 when I did most of my grinding. But like Shadowlord said, it's probably just random. Or used to be. Or something. :P I don't care anymore, I got my set, heh.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: June 04, 2011, 06:48:18 am »

I cleared out m'dungeon.

I got a blue moon, a handgun, 60 jester arrows, 6 dynamite, magic missile, a cobalt shield and monies.

Cobalt shield is awesome! Now to  beat the jungle!

PS: Anyone want any green bwicks?
Everybody!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: June 04, 2011, 07:45:19 am »

A little update on the tower of corruption.

This is the plan for approximately 2/5 of the towers height, will see when its finished. The bottom part will be much thicker, but the speed of expansion seems to be okay for the top part. I dont have many ideas of what to make with all the space though. The bottom will be in a standard house style with proper rooms and lighting and the top is what you see right there with hellstone and quite freeform, dont know how to make them blend very well for the middle part though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 07:48:52 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: June 04, 2011, 07:52:15 am »

What program do you use to take a screenshot of your world?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: June 04, 2011, 07:58:55 am »

Me?

I use worldview, also that isnt a screenshot, its a plan I made with the power of Pixel Art! I hate the washed out colours worldview uses for hellstone and meteorite though.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: June 04, 2011, 08:02:44 am »

Steam.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: June 04, 2011, 08:43:49 am »

A little update on the tower of corruption.

This is the plan for approximately 2/5 of the towers height, will see when its finished. The bottom part will be much thicker, but the speed of expansion seems to be okay for the top part. I dont have many ideas of what to make with all the space though. The bottom will be in a standard house style with proper rooms and lighting and the top is what you see right there with hellstone and quite freeform, dont know how to make them blend very well for the middle part though.
Make the corrupted part/tower look likes it's taken root on top of the house and have snake-like roots working their way throughout the house.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3040 on: June 04, 2011, 08:58:11 am »

Thought: Hellstone Brick

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: June 04, 2011, 08:59:05 am »

If you dont need a cobalt shield to use the bridge, then you are doing it wrong.

SP2, the root idea sounds cool, will try.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3042 on: June 04, 2011, 09:06:28 am »

If it isn't a ridiculously hard achievement, why do it? I built an entire castle out of hellstone brick because.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: June 04, 2011, 09:38:02 am »

You could make it out of just hellstone. You would need an obsidian skull to use the bridge too, as well as the cobalt shield

Update on the tower:

I added a bunch of corrupted grass. I could just make apartment style rooms in the empty part, but does anyone have any better ideas?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: June 04, 2011, 09:39:10 am »

You could make it out of just hellstone. You would need an obsidian skull to use the bridge too, as well as the cobalt shield

Update on the tower:

I added a bunch of corrupted grass. I could just make apartment style rooms in the empty part, but does anyone have any better ideas?
Fill them with magma.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 887