Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254333 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7110 on: December 11, 2011, 12:15:13 pm »

The Eye is interesting in that its first form is a lot tougher then its second.

Though honestly... from every boss I have fought it seems like the REAL difficulty is always the terrain.

Even Skeletron is easy when I tear out some landscape and put up some platforms.

Skeletron Prime was the hardest for me, mainly just because of his health and just how long it takes to kill him

Sounds a lot like pre-update Skeletron if you didn't have hell gear.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: December 11, 2011, 12:24:55 pm »

Got the Adamantite armour set together, really wish the set bonus provided something similar to the mining helmet :( I hate having no light so I end up not wearing the helm.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: December 11, 2011, 12:37:01 pm »

Torches, torches, everywhere. Three cursed flame for a 99 stack of cursed torches. Retro-lighting to not have to deal with the green glow (it's also considerably brighter).

Or stacks of nightowl+shine potions. Press C for massive illumination! They're fairly easy to make. Hardest ingredient to farm is glowing mushrooms for the shine -- and given how easy it is to make an industrial sized glowing mushroom farm, "hardest" isn't very hard at all.

Someone was a massive jerk when they made those two have different durations, though :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: December 11, 2011, 12:41:29 pm »

I can't be bothered to place torches so might have to sort out some farms to make shine potions.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7114 on: December 11, 2011, 12:51:32 pm »

Shine potion + nightowl is an awesome combo, as mentioned. You can see EVERYTHING, especially if you also add spelunker potion, which i'd nominate for the position of "BEST POTION EVER".
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: December 11, 2011, 12:52:35 pm »

Though honestly... from every boss I have fought it seems like the REAL difficulty is always the terrain.

Even Skeletron is easy when I tear out some landscape and put up some platforms.
Clearly the devs need to remove the ability to mine.
*Hugs*

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: December 11, 2011, 01:37:19 pm »

Clearly the devs need to remove the ability to mine.
Yes. This is obviously the solution.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: December 11, 2011, 01:46:44 pm »

I think te secomd eye hurts more tham the first. The servants pose no threat if you use shuriken and is a lot easier to dodge for me. But then I suck at dodging so maybe that's just me.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: December 11, 2011, 01:54:50 pm »

Oh gog, I found the most hilariously cheap way to fight the Twins: Spend the entire fight standing on fire blocks without an obsidian anything (but with a cobalt shield) while under the effects of regenerative items (potion, band). It's basically perma-invincibility.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: December 11, 2011, 01:58:23 pm »

Oh gog, I found the most hilariously cheap way to fight the Twins: Spend the entire fight standing on fire blocks without an obsidian anything (but with a cobalt shield) while under the effects of regenerative items (potion, band). It's basically perma-invincibility.
Do they get hurt by the fire blocks?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: December 11, 2011, 02:00:38 pm »

They don't, but the invincibility frames keep players from taking damage. It's even worse/better with the cross necklace that increases invulnerability frames.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: December 11, 2011, 02:53:32 pm »

They don't, but the invincibility frames keep players from taking damage. It's even worse/better with the cross necklace that increases invulnerability frames.

...Genius...

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: December 11, 2011, 03:28:43 pm »

Ok. Gonna see if that eater thing someone posted awhile back works. If it does, you rock whoever you were.
Everybody!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: December 11, 2011, 04:08:03 pm »

So I decided to take another trek into my dungeon for no reason, and lo and behold, I find my wizard! Yay, now I have all the NPC's.

Also, apparently I chose the wrong time to finally find out where my floating islands are. People complain alot about Wyverns, but I thought they were all exaggerating the situation, like with the laser snails.

Cut to me on my first floating island:

"This thing is MURDERING ME! Oh god it won't go away and it's huge and fast and hits like a truck! What? FOUR THOUSAND HEALTH?!"

I've yet to be able to kill one.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7124 on: December 11, 2011, 04:13:11 pm »

dude that

dude that is ingenious. I now know how to solo EVERYTHING, unless the devs implement damage priority (i.e. multiple attacks hit at once, only highest damage actually hits). BETTER WATCH OUT, SKELLY PRIME.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 887