Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254560 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7140 on: December 11, 2011, 09:53:06 pm »

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. On a semi-related note to anyone who has it, how's the Cursed Flame spell?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: December 11, 2011, 09:55:17 pm »

It hits pretty hard, but the way it bounces and it's cost for damage to similar spells on its level is a bit of a problem. The only real advantage over other spells you could get is the green flame debuff, but it doesn't really help too much on hardmode enemies. Besides worms, which won't ever bother you with this thing.

I might prefer Demon Scythe for the multihit potential.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: December 11, 2011, 10:16:56 pm »

I sorta like it for dealing with things that I don't have direct line of sight on (such as skeleton archers on the other side of a wall).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7143 on: December 11, 2011, 10:36:59 pm »

Grinding for Light souls easily took 25-30 hours.

WHAT?!

Just drop ~100 units of meteor in an underground hallow area while holding a water candle and/or drinking battle potions and kill the meteor heads. An hour netted me 103 light souls. Same works for night souls, though the EoW is easier I suppose.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: December 11, 2011, 10:37:49 pm »

I'm not sure if I should stick to my Addy headgear for being further magic specced, or if I should switch to the high defense addy helmet to compensate for defense.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: December 11, 2011, 10:39:13 pm »

Defense is useless in hardmode. Bonuses > defense, but raise it as much as you can anyway for when you slip up and actually get hit.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: December 11, 2011, 10:45:22 pm »

I just had two voodoo demons show up. I don't even have molten armor yet, just Necro.
Good thing neither of them fell into the lava. :X
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7147 on: December 11, 2011, 10:50:29 pm »

Note: Defense is worthless unless you roll up all of your accessories and get them a warding prefix.

Then you might get somewhere with it, but the days of taking one damage from enemies are over once you hit hard mode.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: December 11, 2011, 10:54:11 pm »

Make that three. And that doll nearly hit the lava. I almost fell out of my chair.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: December 11, 2011, 11:01:52 pm »

Defense is useless in hardmode. Bonuses > defense, but raise it as much as you can anyway for when you slip up and actually get hit.

Hahaha, total and absolute lie*. Even full (melee) adamantine + full-up warding accessories makes you nearly as tough as full molten does pre-wall. I haven't nabbed up the hallow set, yet, but that'd make it even better worse. Even limited dodging with minor potion use makes you basically unstoppable :P

For better raw numbers, melee hallow + 5 warding accs gives you 70 defense, which knocks 35 damage off of everything that attacks you. A ironskin potion knocks another 4 off, for 39. That just shy of halves the damage getting smacked in the face by a wyvern's head does, and reduces the damage from standing on the non-head parts right down to one. Clinger ranged damage? To one. Melee, halved. Laser snail lasers? To one. Corruptors? Damage ~halved. Unicorns, same. Chaos elemental! One damage! Destroyer! Everything but the head! Damage reduced to one! The head cut to less than half! *maddened, borderline invincible, cackling*

Don't want ironskin? Add four to some of those numbers. Still in melee addy? Add two. Anyway, you get the idea. Full defense spec is still pretty frakking incredible. You lose out on some damage (Fairly notable amount vs. a full damage spec, honestly), but... it's viable. To say the least.

*Well, okay, not a lie, but definitely not giving defense its fair shake. Let's run some numbers, shall we!? AHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:04:20 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: December 11, 2011, 11:06:24 pm »

Note: Defense is worthless unless you roll up all of your accessories and get them a warding prefix.

Then you might get somewhere with it, but the days of taking one damage from enemies are over once you hit hard mode.
Specced warding, only stuff in the corruption, skeletron prime, and spazmatism can kill me.

And giant bats.

I dive lava pools just to check if anything is at the bottom.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: December 11, 2011, 11:08:15 pm »

Dodging an attack = 0 damage. Every time. Defense only helps if you're careless or something spawns right under you in the hellevator. That's what potions are for.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: December 11, 2011, 11:10:27 pm »

And giant bats.
Fun fact: Giant bats hit harder than anything the destroyer can do to you :P Also anything skeletron prime can do to you during the night. Only 5 points less than the twins second-form melee damage!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7153 on: December 11, 2011, 11:13:27 pm »

Yeah, giant bats are ridiculous and kill me more then anything else. Kind've like when cave bats were originally introduced!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: December 11, 2011, 11:14:07 pm »

For better raw numbers, melee hallow + 5 warding accs gives you 70 defense, which knocks 35 damage off of everything that attacks you. A ironskin potion knocks another 4 off, for 39.

It actually knocks off five. The tooltip is lying and ironskin potions add ten to defense.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 887