Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261065 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7710 on: December 24, 2011, 04:11:15 pm »

Eff the meteor heads, bunny/goldfish traps are where the souls at (only during bloodmoon). Make a crab-operated control room, but keep it tight, or at least 2x2 with active stone gates 1x1 thick, since to make the crabs jump, you need an opening. If done properly, it should make the soul harvesting fast, and add at least 3 goldfish/bunny statues in a small chamber with lava flooring. Once those corrupted creatures land on the lava, they'll be spitting souls in no time.

When in doubt of the crab control room's blueprint, go see Repulsion's house in Kael's server and check the gel spawner.

But the meteor heads are a good alternative when there isn't a bloodmoon at night, so just prepare the machine, and keep the meteor head spawner at the same time.
What is the point of crab operation when you can just make timers?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: December 24, 2011, 04:15:37 pm »

Eff the meteor heads, bunny/goldfish traps are where the souls at (only during bloodmoon). Make a crab-operated control room, but keep it tight, or at least 2x2 with active stone gates 1x1 thick, since to make the crabs jump, you need an opening. If done properly, it should make the soul harvesting fast, and add at least 3 goldfish/bunny statues in a small chamber with lava flooring. Once those corrupted creatures land on the lava, they'll be spitting souls in no time.

When in doubt of the crab control room's blueprint, go see Repulsion's house in Kael's server and check the gel spawner.

But the meteor heads are a good alternative when there isn't a bloodmoon at night, so just prepare the machine, and keep the meteor head spawner at the same time.
What is the point of crab operation when you can just make timers?

Too slow!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: December 24, 2011, 04:17:18 pm »

It's dwarfineering.  Crabineering!  Crabs work about 50% faster than a 1 second timer due to the fact that pressure plates have no reset time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: December 24, 2011, 04:35:26 pm »

How do I make monster statues anyway?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: December 24, 2011, 04:40:19 pm »

You find them, usually in dungeons I think.
*Hugs*

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7715 on: December 24, 2011, 04:46:59 pm »

Statues appear randomly in the caverns layer and lower. Abandoned mine rooms found underground usually have one in and I usually find 1-2 in any large mushroom biome. There are usually a few scattered around inside the dungeon as well.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: December 24, 2011, 04:50:45 pm »

Of course, if you get unlucky, you find mostly decorative statues and of the two usable ones, both are crabs.

Is it wrong of me to be highly tempted to give myself a stack of 999 dynamite and 999 sticky bombs and use them to mine instead of a pick?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: December 24, 2011, 04:53:46 pm »

Of course, if you get unlucky, you find mostly decorative statues and of the two usable ones, both are crabs.

Is it wrong of me to be highly tempted to give myself a stack of 999 dynamite and 999 sticky bombs and use them to mine instead of a pick?

I use sticky bombs to mine wherever and whenever possible. Although mine are acquired by patiently collecting them from a Bomb Statue attached to a five second timer, and then crafting them myself with my own gel.

I just wish it were possible to make Sticky dynamite.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: December 24, 2011, 05:11:20 pm »

I thought I found a useful statue but it is only a slime statue.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: December 24, 2011, 05:44:34 pm »

Slime statues are very useful. Free gel spam for flamethrowers, torches, and potions. Personally, I didn't realize my 3 bomb statues were useful, yay.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: December 24, 2011, 05:47:28 pm »

I have found it a bad idea to play around with chest statues. The hard way.
...Said Bloxace.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: December 24, 2011, 06:09:13 pm »

How do I make monster statues anyway?

Mostly in abandoned minehome thingys, amusingly enough you can find grandfather clocks and other furniture too.

Also the dungeon and the bottom of corruption pits.(skeleton statues! very good source)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7722 on: December 24, 2011, 06:51:17 pm »

Although Terrafirma is quite heavy on my computer, it is an awesome tool. Took this picture with it.

It'd be a great desktop background if it'd be a bit larger.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: December 24, 2011, 07:15:21 pm »

Noob question. Water. How do I move it?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: December 24, 2011, 07:16:09 pm »

Buckets.

Or lava.
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 887