Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261653 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7725 on: December 24, 2011, 07:17:51 pm »

Fun with pumps.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: December 24, 2011, 07:28:01 pm »

Pumps are more likely to just duplicate infinite amounts of it for you though.
*Hugs*

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: December 24, 2011, 07:38:26 pm »

Ok, my trap would be fine if I had 3 or four more traps.

I have enough souls now though.

Everybody!

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: December 24, 2011, 08:04:04 pm »

My brother tried to drain the ocean down to hell to cover all magma surfaces with a layer of obsidian the other day. It takes a really, /really/ long time for the water to flow. He went to the bottom of the pit to watch the water rain down, but only a very small amount evern came down.

Water physics in Terraria is very weird.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7729 on: December 24, 2011, 08:25:46 pm »

Hell doesn't do water. As in, it evaporates the shit out of it. I think it was made so for that exact reason; so you can't flood the place. Not that I approve of it. :c
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: December 24, 2011, 08:34:48 pm »

Hell doesn't do water. As in, it evaporates the shit out of it. I think it was made so for that exact reason; so you can't flood the place. Not that I approve of it. :c

Hell water evaporation is kind of iffy though. I've once had it where I've had a pool of water just chilling out in hell. It never evaporated, just gave me a nice damned jacuzzi.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: December 24, 2011, 09:50:14 pm »

You USED to be able to flood hell, and it was a fairly common strategy. Mostly because the water duplication made it very easy to do accidentally. The hell evaporation was an easy fix that also made hell a bit more hell-like

PERSONALLY, I would have preferred they just add extra super naster underwater hell monsters that appeared if you flood the place (Krakens, Angler Fish, etc and so on)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: December 24, 2011, 09:51:12 pm »

They should make the oceans harder, too.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: December 24, 2011, 09:52:12 pm »

Sunken ship biome.

Actually that's a neat idea for a megaconstruction.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: December 24, 2011, 09:54:52 pm »

Sunken ship biome.

That would be so awesome! I'd love for the ocean to be more vast and have things inside actually worth exploring, rather than just being a gentle slope downward until you hit the end of the map.

It would actually give a use for all the gills potions I've been hoarding as well.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: December 24, 2011, 10:25:01 pm »

Sunken ship biome.

That would be so awesome! I'd love for the ocean to be more vast and have things inside actually worth exploring, rather than just being a gentle slope downward until you hit the end of the map.

It would actually give a use for all the gills potions I've been hoarding as well.

They're already useful if you use obsidian skin potions.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: December 24, 2011, 10:29:57 pm »

Actually, in my central world I plan on terraforming a bit.  Mainly dynamite terraforming style...  And then importing a lot of rock and sand to brush over.  The whole plan is to make a very extensive area to utilize that mermaid shell, quite possibly with an entire underwater base with a few NPCs (since they don't care about air).  Lighting will have to be creative, probably some water candles or something that will stay lit underwater.  Do water candles or chandeliers stay lit?  If nothing else, tiny air bubbles to put a torch in.  And plan to abuse the whole thing with some street lamps, as I'm fairly sure those will stay lit (on account of the glass).  I know that cursed torches will stay lit, but apparently they disappear after a time, so that's not viable.  I was originally planning a proper "sunken city" with nice walkways and buildings and then flood the whole thing, but I may do a ship now...

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7737 on: December 24, 2011, 11:00:14 pm »

I want to make a castle in the sky (space), but the Wyverns are a tad annoying. Should I make the castle to a new, easymode map, and afterwards change it into hardmode?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: December 25, 2011, 12:00:06 am »

You USED to be able to flood hell
You still can, if you're careful: Save and quit as soon as you breach hell. When you load the world up again, the water settling function doesn't bother to take evaporation into account. Unfortunately the water begins to dry up as soon as you do ANYTHING to change it after that.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: December 25, 2011, 12:34:27 am »

Okay, so I got a choice between getting this or Unreal World. Which should I pick? I am very interested in both so I can really decide myself
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 887