Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254479 times)

BowlSoldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't **** with the Great Long Axe.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7830 on: December 29, 2011, 08:04:09 pm »

Of course chests are more dwarfy. They are made with more iron dug up from the veins of the earth itself! Barrels are made more from that pansy wood stuff.
Campaigning for wheelchair rights for legless adventurers since 1995.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: December 29, 2011, 08:06:38 pm »

Fill the barrels entirely with ale. Then they are dwarfy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: December 29, 2011, 08:18:15 pm »

Chests are not actually chests.  Have you wondered how you can fit whole chests inside of chests?  It's because you can't.  You can fit whole chests behind chests though!  They're cardboard cutouts, allowing you to toss all your garbage behind it where it's out of sight and claim, "fuck you, it's all sorted!"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: December 29, 2011, 08:19:16 pm »

So...I just won this game in the big 25 days of Christmas giveaway on this board.

Is there a tutorial or something I should be doing/following?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: December 29, 2011, 08:20:32 pm »

Yes. It's called wiki the guide.

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: December 29, 2011, 08:24:44 pm »

Chests are not actually chests.  Have you wondered how you can fit whole chests inside of chests?  It's because you can't.  You can fit whole chests behind chests though!  They're cardboard cutouts, allowing you to toss all your garbage behind it where it's out of sight and claim, "fuck you, it's all sorted!"

Or it's like the sapient pearwood Luggage, but without as much sentience.
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: December 29, 2011, 08:48:53 pm »

I cannot beat the eye of cthulu. It's the second form's charging attack - I can never dodge it. I have fought this boss three times and fail at that part repeatedly.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7837 on: December 29, 2011, 08:50:03 pm »

Wants help? I can mess him up. :P

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:38:46 pm by forsaken1111 »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: December 29, 2011, 08:52:20 pm »

I cannot beat the eye of cthulu. It's the second form's charging attack - I can never dodge it. I have fought this boss three times and fail at that part repeatedly.

Add a long wooden platform above your arena at the max height you can build, then build another one above that, and use those to dodge as your run back and forth. My arena was about 3 screens long and 3 platforms high and I beat the eye in copper gear with a copper bow.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: December 29, 2011, 08:58:34 pm »

Add a long wooden platform above your arena at the max height you can build, then build another one above that, and use those to dodge as your run back and forth. My arena was about 3 screens long and 3 platforms high and I beat the eye in copper gear with a copper bow.

I've got a big area like that - it's about one screen long and four platforms high. I don't think the extra length would help that much, though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: December 29, 2011, 09:01:14 pm »

In my experience, extra length is a bad thing; it allows monsters to spawn off-screen and distract you.

I've got a big area like that - it's about one screen long and four platforms high. I don't think the extra length would help that much, though.
EDIT: Oh wow, that's some epic-level quote fail right here >.<
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:21:25 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: December 29, 2011, 09:17:35 pm »

It helps for the first form, since you can just outrun the charges, but its not especially useful other then that.

Turns out the VERY first thing I have to do in hardmode is mine more hellstone to get a molten pickaxe so I can mine the hardmode ores.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: December 29, 2011, 10:09:47 pm »

So...I just won this game in the big 25 days of Christmas giveaway on this board.

1. Low material tiers: Copper -> Iron -> Silver -> Gold

2. Don't go to Corruption/Jungle/Grey Caverns without some protection.

3. Build a house before first night.

4. Have fun exploring!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: December 29, 2011, 10:24:36 pm »

1. Low material tiers: Copper -> Iron -> Silver -> Gold

2. Don't go to Corruption/Jungle/Grey Caverns without some protection.

3. Build a house before first night.

4. Have fun exploring!

You can also check out Kael's Servers. I think the donation chests with decent starting equipment is still there if you want a headstart on the Earth pillaging business.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: December 29, 2011, 10:47:59 pm »

I dive deep into the depths of the world where magma is everywhere and see what looks like an eye statue partially submerged in magma. "Maybe I can dislodge it with my hammer and then grab it before it melts?" I think.

I walk up to it, break a pot, and BOOM! There's a huge explosion, it had to be like 15 squares across, that instakills me. Magma flows down into the pit and melts all my money. Derp.
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 887