Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261222 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8100 on: January 07, 2012, 10:42:55 am »

I'm curious.

Yesterday I was running around the underworld, having fun, then suddenly I see a jungle bat. Mind explaining that to me, guys?
jungles grow underground as well.

And they take much more space than aboveground because they have (roughly) diamond shape.

Also, jungle grass can grow in the underworld. Useful to add some greenery in your hellfort, if you're even going to make one.

Which reminds me... I should make one in a hardmode world, because Hell is ironically the easiest biome post-wall.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: January 07, 2012, 11:05:14 am »

I'm curious.

Yesterday I was running around the underworld, having fun, then suddenly I see a jungle bat. Mind explaining that to me, guys?
jungles grow underground as well.

And they take much more space than aboveground because they have (roughly) diamond shape.

Also, jungle grass can grow in the underworld. Useful to add some greenery in your hellfort, if you're even going to make one.

Which reminds me... I should make one in a hardmode world, because Hell is ironically the easiest biome post-wall.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. The easiest way to farm for Souls of L/Night is to go down the hellevator and just go a bit to the right or a bit to the left since Hallow and Corruption are really close together down there.
Amusingly, Hallowed and Corrupted mobs don't spawn at all in Hell, but you still get Souls of L/Night if you kill the Hell mobs in the general area of Underground Hallow/Corruption.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8102 on: January 07, 2012, 11:22:39 am »

You get the souls from anything that dies in a hallow/corrupt area. Anything at all. If a corrupter follows you into a hallow biome you get souls of light.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: January 07, 2012, 11:28:19 am »

GodDAMMIT!

I got given 99 adamantine bars. I used them at the server's mythril anvil to make me some stuff.
Later I fought the WoF once more in round 3, and then I won.
But before I could grab my pwnhammer, I died from fire.
Later when I came back, the pwnhammer was already gone. The demonite box was empty.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: January 07, 2012, 11:33:38 am »

Best way to farm souls. Gather 200 meteorite ore, make a box of 100 ore in the underground corruption, and one in the underground hallow. Meteorheads are a joke, and if you use battle potions/watercandles/blood moon, you can get 20-30 souls in like 5 minutes.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: January 07, 2012, 11:40:46 am »

Best way to farm souls. Gather 200 meteorite ore, make a box of 100 ore in the underground corruption, and one in the underground hallow. Meteorheads are a joke, and if you use battle potions/watercandles/blood moon, you can get 20-30 souls in like 5 minutes.

Better way to farm souls: Get a bunny or goldfish spawner. Wire it up to a timer, and also wire up some dart traps to kill them. Wait for bloodmoon. Activate trap and profit. The faster the timer = More profits. Also, you can substitute dart traps with lava pools, to make the process quicker.

This method requires a lot of preperation though.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: January 07, 2012, 05:01:52 pm »

Haha!
Friend helped me beat WoF, and I got my pwnhammer at last.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: January 07, 2012, 05:05:42 pm »

So I have now one of each item made with Cobalt, Mythril and Adamantite.

Any strategies for beating the bosses for the special souls?

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: January 07, 2012, 05:08:47 pm »

Afaik, the Destroyer is the easiest hardmode boss, even though he has the most HP. Here is a pretty neat guide, but you might need to farm some mimics to get the Cross Necklace which is absolutely essential to this strategy and super useful against the Destroyer anyway.
BTW, use Meteorite Ore because Hellstone and Hellstone Bricks do much more damage.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: January 07, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »

Do they? It doesn't really matter because with adamantite melee armor all fire does 1 damage.

Also, if you can get your hands on a Godly Dao of Pow and a warrior emblem, use them. That thing is made of wormkill.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: January 07, 2012, 05:24:53 pm »

Better way to farm souls: Get a bunny or goldfish spawner. Wire it up to a timer, and also wire up some dart traps to kill them. Wait for bloodmoon. Activate trap and profit. The faster the timer = More profits. Also, you can substitute dart traps with lava pools, to make the process quicker.

This method requires a lot of preperation though.

No need to wait for bloodmoon, vile powder accomplishes the same thing.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: January 07, 2012, 05:25:58 pm »

Blood moon lets you make it completely automatic though.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: January 07, 2012, 05:27:40 pm »

Sometimes you need some souls and can't be bothered to wait for a bloodmoon.

Automation isn't that convenient.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: January 07, 2012, 05:42:52 pm »

Sometimes you need some souls and can't be bothered to wait for a bloodmoon.

Automation isn't that convenient.
Hold a water candle, equip a star cloak, band of regen, and chug battle potions, thorns, ironskin, and regen pots. That SHOULD be enough to offset the damage from meteorheads in full adamantine armor.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: January 07, 2012, 05:44:18 pm »

Also the cross necklace. More invincibility means more healing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 887