Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254473 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8160 on: January 10, 2012, 09:50:34 am »

If you boost your starcannon's damage above 100, stars that you shoot are recollectible providing it's night.

Combine that with %chance not to use ammo.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8161 on: January 10, 2012, 09:54:19 am »

If you boost your starcannon's damage above 100, stars that you shoot are recollectible providing it's night.

Combine that with %chance not to use ammo.
There is no such thing as a chance not to use ammo for the Star Cannon. At least as far as I know.
Also, really, stars do not get used up if the damage is above 100? That's a weirdly specific bug...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: January 10, 2012, 10:00:45 am »

You can get %chance not to use ammo by wearing necro armor, or any of the ranger-tailored hardmode sets.

And I assume that it doesn't disappear, because of how the stars fall from the sky. I mean, I think the ammo used for fallen stars that fall from the sky is just the same as the starcannon's, except beefed up to 1000k.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8163 on: January 10, 2012, 01:40:47 pm »

You can get %chance not to use ammo by wearing necro armor, or any of the ranger-tailored hardmode sets.

And I assume that it doesn't disappear, because of how the stars fall from the sky. I mean, I think the ammo used for fallen stars that fall from the sky is just the same as the starcannon's, except beefed up to 1000k.

There are space cannons up there, with 1000 dmg each. The aliens shooting them practise their aim against birds and bunnies.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: January 11, 2012, 11:29:48 am »

There are space cannons up there, with 1000 dmg each. The aliens shooting them practise their aim against birds and bunnies.
I still haven't made myself a starcannon, despite just having killed the destroyer for the first time. Would have been easier on a large map, since I had to fend off two wyverns during the battle as well, but I succeeded.

For those having trouble who do not wish to use the meteorite trick, build a longish platform about 100-150 blocks up. You may need to adjust, but ideally you want the destroyer doing passes underneath it. Adamantite repeater with Holy Arrows, Ranged armor, and buff up. Star cloak is a good choice too. Just remember to shoot probes first, and the destroyer second. You get hearts and prevent laser fire, while the falling stars from the arrows and the cloak will still do damage to the destroyer.

Now I've got myself an unreal megashark and almost dropped the twins. Stupid Retina deciding he wanted to block some shots for his brother.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8165 on: January 11, 2012, 12:07:25 pm »

How I killed the destroyer:

4 friends in a mix of cobalt/mythril/adamantite armor with whatever weapons they happened to have. We died a lot.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: January 11, 2012, 12:56:17 pm »

I love the game but don't get to play it often enough. Today I beat the Wall for the first time which was great except that just a second before he died I saw the message "a blood moon has risen". I got a great welcome to the hardmode by clowns who destroyed my tower. FUN!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: January 11, 2012, 01:33:51 pm »

I love the game but don't get to play it often enough. Today I beat the Wall for the first time which was great except that just a second before he died I saw the message "a blood moon has risen". I got a great welcome to the hardmode by clowns who destroyed my tower.
!!FUN!!
Fixed that for ya.

Also, there is only one proper dwarven way to deal with those guys (in memory of Necro910)...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:35:29 pm by MC Dirty »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8168 on: January 11, 2012, 03:06:37 pm »

(in memory of Necro910)
Did he die or something?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: January 11, 2012, 03:07:36 pm »

He was banned, muted, banned again, and then dipped in lava, screaming magma while he burned away to nothingness.

So, no. But he is gone.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8170 on: January 11, 2012, 03:08:38 pm »

Oh ok.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: January 11, 2012, 06:13:29 pm »

Basically, he was banned for derailing too many threads. Mostly with Magma in 88pt letters. Since then, whenever the topic is about magma, you can be sure that at least someone will post MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAA in a font size of choice to commemorate this sad event.
According to Toady, he was banned for "Ignoring warnings/spam/lack of self control".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: January 11, 2012, 06:20:25 pm »

Frankly, doing the exact same thing that he got banned for amounts to online suicide and warrants one of my awards.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #8173 on: January 11, 2012, 06:23:04 pm »

Yeah I was about to say that.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: January 11, 2012, 06:27:04 pm »

Frankly, doing the exact same thing that he got banned for amounts to online suicide and warrants one of my awards.
No, I said "whenever the topic is about magma", so it's hardly off-topic. What Necro910 did was post "MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAA" in unrelated threads which is a completely different thing entirely.
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 887