Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261012 times)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8325 on: February 02, 2012, 12:19:24 pm »

I wish there were artillery pieces in this. It'd be fun, destructive and largely pointless.

Everybody!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8326 on: February 02, 2012, 12:22:03 pm »

I wish there were artillery pieces in this. It'd be fun, destructive and largely pointless.
A Terraria mod that re-creates old tank/artillery games like Scorched would be awesome. Build your fort and wreck the opponent!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: February 05, 2012, 10:02:47 pm »

Just in case someone is interested, I'm working on Terraria translation to Polish.

Goddamit it's like 2500 strings in teh file D:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: February 06, 2012, 01:27:57 am »

Has anyone gotten rid of the corruption yet? I've got the hallow armor, mega shark, excalibur, and crystal shard spell and don't think there is really anything left to do but change the entire world into hallow. Does doing so do anything special?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: February 06, 2012, 01:33:14 am »

With all the unicorns running around, it might as well be equestria or some, fancy, elven shit like that. I wonder why there isn't Corrupt gear. Like have the same stats, but make it with souls of night.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: February 06, 2012, 01:39:02 am »

Has anyone gotten rid of the corruption yet? I've got the hallow armor, mega shark, excalibur, and crystal shard spell and don't think there is really anything left to do but change the entire world into hallow. Does doing so do anything special?
Unexact quotes based off information from this thread. I think this is what happens:
If hardmode is on and there's more Hallow than Corruption, she says "The Corruption is #% and the Hallow is >#%. Keep up the good work!"
If hardmode is off and there's no corruption at all (you nuked it all or something), she says "The Corruption is 0%. You need to try harder."
If hardmode is on and there's more Corruption than Hallow, she says "The Corruption is >#% and the Hallow is #&. You need to try harder."

Basically no there's no reward at all except for one sentence of praise.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: February 06, 2012, 04:02:05 am »

Any Hallow/Corruption war servers? Like where 2 teams battle it out trying to convert the entire map to the other's type?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: February 06, 2012, 06:20:43 am »

I haven't seen anything like that, although such a concept is interesting. Would like to participate in that, assuming someone else can host the server.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: February 06, 2012, 02:18:17 pm »

Give me a map (or a mapsize) and I'll do it, the only problem would be my usual non-24/7 serverthing and only being able to run 12 players max more or less smoothly.

I suggest the two sides obtain (floating island?) bases on opposite sides of the map first though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: February 06, 2012, 04:35:31 pm »

Well if it's only 12 people then small would probably be it. Also, need a neutral floating island in the center, so people can shop and talk to the dryad and stuff.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: February 07, 2012, 06:40:02 am »

I don't know if that sort of battle would be a good idea. The Hallow would be at a huge disadvantage because:
a) Corruption exists pre-hardmode, so once hardmode starts, there is way more Corruption than Hallow
b) Corruption goes through mud, Hallow doesnt.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: February 07, 2012, 06:47:43 am »

I don't know if that sort of battle would be a good idea. The Hallow would be at a huge disadvantage because:
a) Corruption exists pre-hardmode, so once hardmode starts, there is way more Corruption than Hallow
b) Corruption goes through mud, Hallow doesnt.

About A, you could just edit the map in TEdit and remove both hallow and corruption from a map, or just activate Hardmode there. Would solve the problem of the gigantic corruption after wall of flesh thingy.

B, not so sure about that. I mean, it goes through mud, but corruption and hallow spread can be prevented by using at least a 5x5 impervious-to-changes block every few biomes or so. And if memory serves me right, it does not convert mud underground/in the cavern layer, so yeah.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: February 07, 2012, 06:21:11 pm »

Give hallow the edge with hallow equipment, while corruption has to use shadow and demonite stuff.

Actually that's really unfair, never mind.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: February 07, 2012, 06:23:39 pm »

Actually, if it's a 12 person game, do just that, but stagger the teams. 4/8 or 5/7, hallow/corruption.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: February 07, 2012, 06:24:56 pm »

Is shadow and demonite stuff worth anything in hardmode, though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 887