Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261311 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9330 on: September 20, 2013, 02:58:20 pm »

Is there any issue with bringing heavily-armed characters as long as we don't do anything dickish like initiate hardmode?
You can do that on your own server sure. If you're asking about the one I'll be running, I want new characters only.
So, shall we try to stick together or will we all be scattering like pigeons as soon as we enter the server?
Thats up to you guys

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9331 on: September 20, 2013, 03:06:43 pm »

Scatter to the four winds!

Then everyone kick the devourer awake and scramble back together~

... nah, nah. Honestly, from what I remember of the general b12 terraria habits, it'll be a mix of the two. Several will congregate (either regularly or occasionally) around a central area (wherever that ends up being) and group up fairly decently, and others will bugger off into the depths/wilds, only occasionally coming back to the hub zones to... do stuff. Then there'll be a few (like me, probably) that will alternate back and forth, or do one and then connect it to their other activity area(s), or... whatever.

Basically what I'm saying is that unless the server host or whatev' gives some sort of direction, consistency of action is likely the last thing you'll be able to expect. Likely to be grouping up one day (hour/minute/second), then scattering the next.

Personally, playing around with mods lately have led me to wonder what/how soon stuff's going to be made for 1.2, hrm. It's surprisingly annoying to work without multiple magic mirror points, after playing a mod that let you set 'em wherever.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9332 on: September 20, 2013, 03:35:21 pm »

I don't really want to tell people what to do.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9333 on: September 20, 2013, 04:29:54 pm »

I don't really want to tell people what to do.

That made me happy.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9334 on: September 20, 2013, 05:59:49 pm »

Is there any issue with bringing heavily-armed characters as long as we don't do anything dickish like initiate hardmode?

If you bring armed characters that's alright as long as you don't initiate hardmode without my consent. You can also bring a new character and I might be able to help you along with some equipment as a result.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: September 21, 2013, 03:03:22 am »

Coolio. I wouldn't do that anyway, since there'd be no real purpose for me to initiate hardmode except mining, maybe, and I can do that in a world of my own generation.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9336 on: September 21, 2013, 06:25:20 pm »

Coolio. I wouldn't do that anyway, since there'd be no real purpose for me to initiate hardmode except mining, maybe, and I can do that in a world of my own generation.

Well as soon as I can figure out how to mine Hellstone, craft a full set of molten armor and weapons, and dismantle the dungeon so I can reinforce my own base I might do that myself. It's going to be a while though, and I'm in no hurry.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: September 21, 2013, 06:51:20 pm »

I can't believe I haven't posted to watch this already.
Love, scriver~

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9338 on: September 21, 2013, 09:13:55 pm »

Well as soon as I can figure out how to mine Hellstone, craft a full set of molten armor and weapons, and dismantle the dungeon so I can reinforce my own base I might do that myself. It's going to be a while though, and I'm in no hurry.
Get a better pick than gold :D

Which material composite starts with a D and the third syllable rhymes with night.
(Also tried your server. It's DARN awesome. And thanks for the stuff. That was...mighty generous of you there.)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: September 22, 2013, 01:48:26 pm »

GODDAMN GASTROPODS!
Crack-a-lack-a

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9340 on: September 22, 2013, 08:16:50 pm »

Stay inside at night. No more gastropods.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9341 on: September 23, 2013, 04:04:01 am »

Get a better pick than gold :D

Which material composite starts with a D and the third syllable rhymes with night.
(Also tried your server. It's DARN awesome. And thanks for the stuff. That was...mighty generous of you there.)

You're quite welcome Tiruin. There is likely more where that came from seeing as I can pretty easily solo Eater of the Worlds, Eye of Cthulu and the average Goblin Invasion. I have problems with the Underworld and the Dungeon but I'll get a handle on those sooner or later.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9342 on: September 23, 2013, 09:17:43 am »

Oh gods, we were getting creamed in the dungeon. 

I hope you've gone back and looted all those unlocked gold chests. 

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9343 on: September 23, 2013, 10:18:37 am »

I apparenlty completely missed the server IP, or was it listed in the first place?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9344 on: September 23, 2013, 10:25:03 am »

Oh gods, we were getting creamed in the dungeon. 

I hope you've gone back and looted all those unlocked gold chests.
We really need a repository of all the Bay12 public servers :/
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 887