Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254460 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10755 on: October 15, 2013, 11:56:25 am »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10756 on: October 15, 2013, 11:57:48 am »

Wraiths fall down holes if they don't have backwall. I've got a wraith trap under my base right now, it's pretty hilarious to see 'em milling about down there.

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: October 15, 2013, 12:23:05 pm »

Wraiths fall down holes if they don't have backwall. I've got a wraith trap under my base right now, it's pretty hilarious to see 'em milling about down there.
Ohh, so that's how they work. I build homes on top of a floating section of land and noticed that all the wraiths would just hang out underneath, I didn't understand why they didn't just fly up and wreak havoc.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10758 on: October 15, 2013, 12:28:56 pm »

yeah they need a backwall or block to get up

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10759 on: October 15, 2013, 01:52:21 pm »

Just need to farm the frankensteins for those delicious terra blade components.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: October 15, 2013, 02:21:56 pm »

With some prep, eclipses aren't any worse than a regular blood moon. A simple pit with a thin layer of lava under flat ground will wipe out everything but reapers all day. I setup a teleport-accessable panic bunker under my sky island city and rigged non-player pressure plates to drop spiky balls and activate flamethrowers, but lava would work just as well, if more slowly. Then your only problem is stabbing reapers that float in and hoovering up the 50+ gold come nightfall.

I actually don't have an issue with any invasions now; pirates can't do anything vs a solid wall.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: October 15, 2013, 02:32:05 pm »

A little rope will allow you to survive.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10762 on: October 15, 2013, 02:39:36 pm »

Without Wings you cannot "truly" fight many of the hard mode bosses mostly because without them the game's TERRIBLE CONTROLS come into play and you won't be able to dodge anything.

Second you will need a hard mode weapon higher then adamantine quality.

You absolutely need the "Increased invulnerability time" item. There is no way around it, it is one of the few items that will have a permanent slot in your inventory along with the wings and speed boots. (Yeah, I know it is sad that three slots in your inventory should reasonably be filled at all times leaving only two truly optional accessory slots)
I never needed the Invulnerability items. Then again, most of my fights run across the entirety of my world. Heck, if it weren't for the fact that its so slow on the surface, I'd probably hit the dungeon fighting plantera.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10763 on: October 15, 2013, 03:02:04 pm »

They should make Plantera sprout wings if it is lured to the surface.

Or retreat underground and count the battle as lost for the player(s).

Purely as an anti-cheese mechanic.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: October 15, 2013, 03:09:05 pm »

I think if you manage to get plantera to the surface in the first place, you deserve the win. Even in full turtle armor, when plantera is trying to murderize you, the rest of the jungle really starts to hurt, particularly without a bezoar/medical bandage/ankh.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10765 on: October 15, 2013, 03:09:44 pm »

Using terrain to your advantage, terrain you can alter, is cheesing it?

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #10766 on: October 15, 2013, 03:24:13 pm »

To get the Ice Feather for Ice Wings, I need to kill an Ice Golem and get lucky. What I don't know, is where to find the Golems. The wiki says they can be found during a Blizzard, which is when the rest of the world is raining, right? But when I go to the ice biome during rain (I am in hardmode.) I can't find any. Are they a rare spawn or do I have to be underground or something?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: October 15, 2013, 03:26:02 pm »

Ice golems are pretty rare. your best bet is to setup a farming pit on the surface of snow and use a water candle or battle potion. They're much more "common" (as in, maybe 4 per night) during a blood moon.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: October 15, 2013, 03:33:37 pm »

Using terrain to your advantage, terrain you can alter, is cheesing it?
In that way? Yes. The AI should be smart enough not to follow the player into conditions where it is helpless, so either the Plantera gets extra mobility when it can't grapple, or it goes away and leaves the player with nothing.

There are other bosses that require certain conditions. Most bosses can only be fought during the night. Some bosses will flee if the player leaves their home turf. For Plantera, the underground is its home turf. It has all the reason in the world to bugger off and disappear if the player leaves the underground.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10769 on: October 15, 2013, 03:53:30 pm »

To get the Ice Feather for Ice Wings, I need to kill an Ice Golem and get lucky. What I don't know, is where to find the Golems. The wiki says they can be found during a Blizzard, which is when the rest of the world is raining, right? But when I go to the ice biome during rain (I am in hardmode.) I can't find any. Are they a rare spawn or do I have to be underground or something?

It's on the surface, and they should show up pretty regularly, just keep moving back and forth.

I discovered these guys and how they work on my own :)  I knew something with 3000 health should of been farmed. Ice armor is epic melee armor.
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 887