Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254543 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10920 on: October 21, 2013, 07:15:36 pm »

I had half a dozen voodoo dolls by the time I'd gathered enough hellstone for the sword, pick, and armor. How deep down are you going when you mine for hellstone? If you go deep, try just running along the surface of the underworld and loot some shadow chests and stuff.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: October 21, 2013, 07:15:54 pm »

I've completed the pre-Hardmode grind, I just need to summon the damn WoF. Any strategies to acquiring more guide voodoo dolls? The game almost never actually summons it, because 'durr hurr grind moar'. Stupid bugs.

I will admit Guide voodoo dolls are a bit more lenient. Just fight in hell for a while and you will get one.

A lot faster then grinding light and dark souls without cheating.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10922 on: October 21, 2013, 07:29:33 pm »

I've completed the pre-Hardmode grind, I just need to summon the damn WoF. Any strategies to acquiring more guide voodoo dolls? The game almost never actually summons it, because 'durr hurr grind moar'. Stupid bugs.
How... how is this a bug?

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: October 21, 2013, 07:34:10 pm »

Damn man, pre-hardmode I was swimming in voodoo dolls. It was like every 3rd demon was a voodoo demon.

Also

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/NPC_Spawning

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: October 21, 2013, 07:36:21 pm »

Grrr. . . well too much wall to quite it now . . . ty.

So, if anyone is wondering, building a wall in one (Snow) and standing in another (crimson) will cause the standed biome monster (crimson) to spawn in the wall and pretty far too.  Also, monsters will spawn anywhere they can if you block them from spawning everywhere.  kinda funny to see them all spawn in my tree farm.

Speaking of tree farm, I was told more than one high walls behind them and tress wouldn't grow.  That's a lie.  Apparently only the ground tile (#2) can't have a background.  I dug, removed the bottommost wall and they grew fine.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:50:05 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: October 21, 2013, 10:08:46 pm »

I will admit Guide voodoo dolls are a bit more lenient. Just fight in hell for a while and you will get one.

This. I have something like 13 or 14 now. STILL HAVEN'T FOUND A LAVA CHARM! Or gotten 10 antlion mandibles.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #10926 on: October 21, 2013, 10:28:24 pm »

This. I have something like 13 or 14 now. STILL HAVEN'T FOUND A LAVA CHARM! Or gotten 10 antlion mandibles.
Lava charms can be found in chests.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: October 21, 2013, 11:41:46 pm »

I finally gave up hunting through all the chests on the world and checked with MoreTerra and discovered there were actually 0 in the world I was in. So yeah. Had to go to another world entirely to get one (and cheat to find out where one was). Apparently there's usually 1-3 per world at most, and this world just happened to have none, so that explains why turning the world upside down was getting me nowhere.

(But yes, I knew they were in chests.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:43:37 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: October 22, 2013, 09:21:33 am »

Make worm food.  Summon in underground corruption in hardmode world.  Dark souls everywhere.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: October 22, 2013, 09:44:06 am »

That reminds me of my odd desire to test the piranha gun on the EoW. I have the distinct impression it would be somewhat hilarious.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: October 22, 2013, 09:48:40 am »

Piranha gun is not particularly effective against EoW, because it just breaks immediately. I don't think it can get a high enough dps to murderize the destroyer on its own either.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: October 22, 2013, 09:54:19 am »

Piranha gun is not particularly effective against EoW, because it just breaks immediately. I don't think it can get a high enough dps to murderize the destroyer on its own either.
If you hold down the pirana gun it bounces from target to target after they die.  Makes the EoW die in seconds, however it's only good for the destroyer's flying lasar balls
Nom nom nom

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: October 22, 2013, 01:08:15 pm »

Yeah... piranha gun wrecks the EoW, mostly. Especially if you get it in a more open area... from what I remember the fish'll break off if it hits a wall, but so long as that doesn't happen it'll happily chomp straight through the EoW without blinking.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: October 22, 2013, 01:15:06 pm »

How... how is this a bug?
The game, for me anyway, refuses many times to summon the WoF when I try to summon it.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: October 22, 2013, 01:19:05 pm »

... is the guide alive when you throw the doll into hell lava?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 887