Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254556 times)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #11025 on: October 28, 2013, 06:31:33 pm »

I stopped time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: October 29, 2013, 02:28:08 am »

I stopped time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Terraria powergaming: "playing fair" at its finest. ::)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: October 29, 2013, 02:40:46 am »

It's not like pumpkin moons are really balanced to begin with...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: October 29, 2013, 03:08:08 am »

Are you really complaining about someone being over the top in reference to something they said earlier, and trying to present it as if it's serious at all and complaining because of it?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: October 29, 2013, 03:14:04 am »

It's not like pumpkin moons are really balanced to begin with...
Well no, of course not. But you see, there are all these people saying "I beat all Terraria bosses and gathered all loot, now what?", and now you have an event that's legitimately difficult on its own, and appropriately difficult to prepare for, and even more difficult to properly beat (substitute "difficult" with "impossible" and/or "sadistic" depending on your skill level)...  and you have solutions like this. Hack the world into a perfect arena, freeze time (extra points for creative use of virtual machine server ^_^), and beat everything. ::)

I don't know, maybe it's just me. I'm more content to lose repeatedly, playing the game as it was supposed to be played. :P

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: October 29, 2013, 03:43:00 am »

But... That wan't the goal of what he was doing? He was doing it out of curiosity of what happens when the night is longer, as I understand it. He wasn't trying to present it as a way to win, other than maybe a victory over silly restrictions like that godawful moon, which you know is just waiting to come crashing down.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: October 29, 2013, 03:59:50 am »

Just messed around with the pumpkin moon, man was that hard the 2nd time we fought it we got spawn camped at the end by a Pumpking. :D
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11032 on: October 29, 2013, 05:34:05 am »

Just messed around with the pumpkin moon, man was that hard the 2nd time we fought it we got spawn camped at the end by a Pumpking. :D
We had two of the trees sit on our spawn room spraying fire everywhere. :(

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: October 29, 2013, 05:37:40 am »

We had two of the trees sit on our spawn room spraying fire everywhere. :(
Well I made Islands in the sky of all the normal biomes I could so the only thing that could really get us at spawn was him after he killed the nurse it was kinda over and we just got murdered  :'( 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:06:14 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #11034 on: October 29, 2013, 05:46:32 am »

Spectral armor allows me to live forever in that, my buddy constantly dies while I manage to live, although when he is near me we both rather get extended lives, from my spells :)
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11035 on: October 29, 2013, 05:59:52 am »

Does anybody else kind of feel that the constant pop culture references sort of cheapen this game a little?
Not saying the entire game is an abomination, I kind of like how it feel less grinding than you otherwise might expect, just that I'm not actually a fan of having "LOOK AT THIS! YOU LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT RELATES TO ANOTHER GAME YOU HAVE TO LIKE!!!" constantly thrown at me.

At least when a game like Spelunky make a shout out with something like the Ball and Chain it is a subtle wink, here I feel like I'm being hit around the head with Link costumes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: October 29, 2013, 06:16:50 am »

I don't know. Besides the Link and Mario costumes, the party girl, and maybe the occasional text description (I can't even remember any offhand), how many references does the game have? My popculture sense may have been dulled by overexposure to UnEpic, but I really don't notice much of that in Terraria.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: October 29, 2013, 06:27:41 am »

There is the Navi thing that acts as a light source, what ever that is called... Also the light sabers, and they are light sabers. The robot hat is Cave Story.
I'm sure there are even more, just can't think of them right now.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #11038 on: October 29, 2013, 06:37:24 am »

Lightsabers are more a trope by now then a reference I'd say. I really only have an issue with stuff being crammed into games, irregardless of if it fits or not.

Terraria's kind've a hodgepodge so most stuff works in it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11039 on: October 29, 2013, 06:38:36 am »

Also, how does the fairy bell reference Navi other than also being a fairy? It doesn't do any of the things Navi did. It looks like the pixies which are also in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 887