Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261529 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #11415 on: June 27, 2015, 02:43:32 pm »

Awaiting advertisement of adventure server. I'll come in with no gear apart from my health/mana upgrades which I've already gotten.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11416 on: June 27, 2015, 02:51:00 pm »

I will join as well with a slight bit of health.  Should be fun!
Nom nom nom

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11417 on: June 27, 2015, 03:41:15 pm »

Haven't played Terraria in a while (didn't even explore 1.2 much), so here I am, wondering - why would one wall off the jungle?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11418 on: June 27, 2015, 03:46:20 pm »

It can spread!  :P
Or was it that it could be destroyed? Well, one or the other. Or both.

Personally, I walled everything off with a three tile airgap with blocks that couldn't be converted on the sides. Players can also fit in the resulting tunnel, which helps too.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:50:04 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11419 on: June 27, 2015, 03:50:00 pm »

It can spread!  :P

Personally, I walled everything off with a three tile airgap with blocks that couldn't be converted on the sides. Players can also fit in the resulting tunnel, which helps too.
I thought the point of walling off the jungle was to prevent other spread from converting it? Then again, I have not into terraria since long time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11420 on: June 27, 2015, 03:52:21 pm »

You're probably right. I haven't played since the halloween update (I beat the final boss, then they added the halloween update, and I decided I had already won the game and could finally quit forever instead of having to beat the halloween boss too).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11421 on: June 27, 2015, 03:55:29 pm »

The jungle can spread, but only through mud, which isn't really plentiful enough in the world to be a concern. However, it can be overriden by post-hardmode corruption/hallow, but it's easier to deal with that by mining a 3 (Or maybe 5?)-wide tunnel to both sides and under the jungle. The glass is an unnecessarily step that's only even slightly useful for preventing Corruptor spit from hitting it.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11422 on: June 27, 2015, 04:04:11 pm »

Apparently corruptor spit doesn't spread corruption anymore.

1.2: Projectile no longer spreads Corruption.

Also, all bricks are immune to corruption, and some of them are trivial to make. If you have huge reserves of clay, you can turn those into bricks. Huge reserves of stone? Bricks. Huge reserves of dirt and stone? Turn the dirt into mud and combine it with stone to make mudstone (using half as much stone as you would for stone bricks). Etc.

That stuff can't spread over the gap when it's lined with bricks, unless the top is open, which it shouldn't be.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11423 on: June 27, 2015, 04:42:10 pm »

The jungle can spread, but only through mud, which isn't really plentiful enough in the world to be a concern. However, it can be overriden by post-hardmode corruption/hallow, but it's easier to deal with that by mining a 3 (Or maybe 5?)-wide tunnel to both sides and under the jungle. The glass is an unnecessarily step that's only even slightly useful for preventing Corruptor spit from hitting it.

Vines of Corruption or Crimson can spread over the gap. I also like glass.

Also, you can show up with your full set of gear for now. Don't worry about that until 1.3.

Ossum. Getting on for a bit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11424 on: June 27, 2015, 04:55:05 pm »

You can see the walls (of mudstone), the floor-plate wall-doors, the ropes, one of the teleporters in my teleport array, etc. That's a hardmode world, and nothing ever grew inside the walls, or managed to corrupt the jungle beyond where I had walled it. (I assume the corruptors-don't-corrupt fix was in by the time I did this, and I had just forgotten about it in the years since)

(I put on the TMNT costume just for the screenshot. :V)

I think my walls are basically all mudstone (except, obviously, my home, which is up in the sky over the ocean).

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11425 on: June 27, 2015, 05:43:00 pm »

I'm lagging badly enough that I can barely fight zombies properly, nevermind demon eyes or eater of souls.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11426 on: June 27, 2015, 10:00:15 pm »

Okay, found a few thousand more glass for our 1.2 last-minute-farming world. Be on momentarily.

e: Was just tinkering around, and is it just me, or is Hallowed + Headgear better for mages than Spectre + Mask? You end up with 40 more mana, and the 20% cast cost reduction from the former is better than the 13% reduced costs from the latter. You even get 12% magic damage + crit chance as opposed to 5%. All that's really "worse" is the 8 less defense. I don't see the set bonus from Spectre paying out much in terms of DPS, since most of the good endgame caster weapons are high RoF and the spheres only spawn at a relatively low rate.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:43:48 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11427 on: June 27, 2015, 11:13:23 pm »

Okay, found a few thousand more glass for our 1.2 last-minute-farming world. Be on momentarily.

e: Was just tinkering around, and is it just me, or is Hallowed + Headgear better for mages than Spectre + Mask? You end up with 40 more mana, and the 20% cast cost reduction from the former is better than the 13% reduced costs from the latter. You even get 12% magic damage + crit chance as opposed to 5%. All that's really "worse" is the 8 less defense. I don't see the set bonus from Spectre paying out much in terms of DPS, since most of the good endgame caster weapons are high RoF and the spheres only spawn at a relatively low rate.

Pretty sure the Chloro set is even better than that.

Nope. 20 less mana, 3% less cost reduction, only 2% higher damage, 4% lower crit chance, only 4 more armor, 3% lower movement speed, and a meh set bonus. It's got very marginally better combat stats, but the damage is half of what you get from one Menacing accessory and the mana stat losses are going to be a much bigger hit to your sustained DPS.

3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11428 on: June 27, 2015, 11:29:36 pm »

... does spectre just flat not have the lifesteal anymore? It's been long enough since I've played with the high end stuff I've legit forgot. I do distinctly remember it not being the best set for damage, but still arguably the best mage set just because of the extra bits.

Chloro's leaf thingy is not to be underestimated, by the by. It's actually pretty solid on the damage side of things, from what I recall. Think it may have actually been a better ranged set than caster, though... like I said, it's been quite a bit since I last mucked with T's stuff.

Also yeah, popped on to the server for a mo', make sure I could and everything still ran smoothly-ish. Seemed to! Looking forward to tuesday, but definitely not playing until then, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11429 on: June 28, 2015, 01:07:30 am »

Yeah, that'd do it.

... does spectre just flat not have the lifesteal anymore? It's been long enough since I've played with the high end stuff I've legit forgot. I do distinctly remember it not being the best set for damage, but still arguably the best mage set just because of the extra bits.

Chloro's leaf thingy is not to be underestimated, by the by. It's actually pretty solid on the damage side of things, from what I recall. Think it may have actually been a better ranged set than caster, though... like I said, it's been quite a bit since I last mucked with T's stuff.

Also yeah, popped on to the server for a mo', make sure I could and everything still ran smoothly-ish. Seemed to! Looking forward to tuesday, but definitely not playing until then, heh.

Sorta-ish? They nerfed it pretty bad. The hood now makes you do 40% less damage, but damage dealt heals the team for some quantity I don't remember. They added in a new mask, but it's worse than Hallowed except for the armor.

Chloro's leaf thing does decent damage... but it's slow-firing, slow-moving, and not terribly reliable endgame. 95% of the time your main source of DPS is whatever you're directly using, the only significant passive I can think of is the Turtle armor one.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 887