Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254320 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11640 on: July 04, 2015, 04:47:54 pm »

... so are the other hard mode fishing weapons as good as the seedler? There's something terribly amusing about being able to skip off to the jungle and nab a (pretty damn good!) plantera drop right after the WoF drops, and I'm wondering if the other few ones are as good...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11641 on: July 04, 2015, 05:06:54 pm »

My god, the Martian Madness event is so evil.

For one, it's extremely painful and lethal.

For two, it starts whenever a Martian Probe spots you, then tries to run away. So you can definitely indefinitely prevent it... IF you spot it in time.

This is the third Martian Madness, in a row, on Ispil's server. This is absurd. I miss Solar Eclipses.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11642 on: July 04, 2015, 05:14:56 pm »

BUT! monsters can shoot corruption over and on it.

Wasn't that patched out in 1.2?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11643 on: July 04, 2015, 05:21:04 pm »

Yes, Vile Spit no longer spreads corruption.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11644 on: July 04, 2015, 05:45:12 pm »

Cripes, has anyone else noticed it crashing an awful lot? Maybe I'm just playing for too long at a stretch and tripping a memory leak. It looks like it saves the player state and the world state in separate steps (might be when it crashes?), since I definitely lost some flippers after reorganizing things into chests...only for it to crash to a point before I put up any chests.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11645 on: July 04, 2015, 06:07:33 pm »

It's been entirely stable on my side of things. Performance seems to degrade after a while (though reloading the world seems to help, for a bit), but I haven't had any crashes yet, despite leaving the game open for, like. 24 hours straight and stuff like that. Haven't actually noticed any major memory leaks, either. Seems to be staying in the 600-800 megs of ram usage area, from what I can recall noticing so far.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11646 on: July 04, 2015, 06:12:36 pm »

gave another try to expert, the center of the map is mostly plains (really nice) and have the desert nearby so got to gather some sand and cactus for a small farm. the first night has been quite complicated due to the guide having problem to enter the house. died two times in a row before the area was secured enough for him to move.

not much equipment yet, but the little incursion into the desert should give for a nice cactus set later.

EDIT:

turns out that i have corruption at the right, got killed by eaters while securing the area. there's at least 1 sunflower right now, hoping that it wont spread further from there.

EDIT 2:

got enough sand for a small frontyard, i hope it gets me cactus in the following days, second night has come, and came with rain. the house was expanded and have a furnace, anvil and two chests along with the table, chair, campfire and workbench. found a wand of sparking which along with the cactus sword is the best weapons i have.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:47:56 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11647 on: July 04, 2015, 06:48:23 pm »

Oh, neat. Finally got around to trying out the bomb fish. Didn't know they were naturally sticky! Now I do. Feels nice to suddenly find out you have a 99 stack of sticky bombs sitting in your fishing chest.

Also so many bass. 257 bass. Goddamn bass, go away! Trying to get the corruption fishing weapon. Got sixty bass instead (and some other stuff, trio of ebonkoi, handful of chests, etc.).

E: Also, any of you know a better way to get rainbow bricks than waiting for a snowstorm and killing rainbow slimes?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:51:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11648 on: July 04, 2015, 06:51:50 pm »

So I like that the tree in the level select screen shows whether a world has corruption or crimson, but I really wish it would show whether you have the classic ores or the alternate ores. If I want one or the other, I have to load into the level and physically explore (at least until TEdit gets updated).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11649 on: July 04, 2015, 07:34:26 pm »

So I like that the tree in the level select screen shows whether a world has corruption or crimson, but I really wish it would show whether you have the classic ores or the alternate ores. If I want one or the other, I have to load into the level and physically explore (at least until TEdit gets updated).
It does?  Cool, I didn't know that.  The loading bar when creating the world also does that.

EDIT: For some reason I keep getting worlds with crimson, and the one world I got corruption the loading bar froze, so uhh... rip corruption.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:36:37 pm by Cthulufaic »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11650 on: July 04, 2015, 07:39:10 pm »

Nah, you can still get corruption worlds. I definitely seem to get more crimson though.

Also, can confirm that expert mode pre-Wall crimson spreads quickly, and destroys sunflowers. I actually saw it happen before my eyes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11651 on: July 04, 2015, 07:39:23 pm »

You expected in-game Corruption, but it was me, savefile corruption!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11652 on: July 04, 2015, 07:54:02 pm »

third night is coming, tried to explore further on a cave that is right next to the desert, havent found any link to the underground yet, this embark has proven to be quite the challenge actually, with the desert in one side and the corruption on the other, im limited in what i can explore without getting killed.

my best bet is to wait for more cactus to grow on the desert and in the frontyard so i can craft a cactus armor and try to prospect near home in order to reach a tunnel.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11653 on: July 04, 2015, 07:55:40 pm »

Give me 5 minutes...

EDIT:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:57:37 pm by Cthulufaic »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11654 on: July 04, 2015, 07:58:36 pm »

Give me 5 minutes...

EDIT:

You're going to feel even better when you look at that again.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 887