Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261235 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11835 on: July 09, 2015, 04:46:38 pm »

New patchnotes has a worrying line...

"You can no longer escape from the final boss's wrath."

Maybe no more teleporting home to visit the nurse?

Probably. They seem determined to remove every method for beating it and force people to put increasing levels of effort into cheesing it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11836 on: July 09, 2015, 05:50:12 pm »

third take on skeletron, had practically all the potions needed for the fight, mana power, endurance, wrath, regen, summoning, ironskins, swiftness, health and mana potions.

used bee gun, molten fury with jester arrows, imp staff, and even put a campfire. the arms came out quickly but the flying skulls took the large part of the damage. i couldnt heal quickly enough to continue.

will see if adding a heart lantern and star in a bottle on the arena help me. i also added a second row of platforms connected to the dungeon's ceiling entrance. it was good for the fight but still. there's so much stuff to dodge.

the only thing left is to give defensive modifiers to some of the stuff. the shark tooth necklace for example, and the band of regeneration. but reforging them is quite expensive.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: July 09, 2015, 05:51:30 pm »

Probably. They seem determined to remove every method for beating it and force people to put increasing levels of effort into cheesing it.
I'd be incredibly amused if they made E. Dentatahand's attacks just flat out ignore immunity frames. A WoF effect makes sense, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11838 on: July 09, 2015, 05:58:49 pm »

xaritscin: You need to not use platforms. Platforms will kill you. Your pathway MUST be made of solid blocks. Solid blocks will eat the homing skulls so all you have to think about in that phase is dodging right/left and running when he tries to spin-stunlock you. If you use platforms, the skulls can loop back around and hit you from underneath and you need to think in 2d instead of 1d.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11839 on: July 09, 2015, 07:57:32 pm »

replaced the upper row of platforms with wooden blocks. added the heart lantern and the star in a bottle for aditional help. dont have enough fish for defense potions yet so no fighting again until getting enough ebonkoi and materials for thorns and ironskin potions.

tried to reforge the band of regen but the most i got for the money i have was menacing (was expecting warding). in the case of the shark tooh necklace i have had bad luck, and getting modifiers of all kind except defensive modifiers.

also not getting much visits form the travelling merchant (not like i have money to buy his stuff anyways). will need to farm some mobs

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11840 on: July 09, 2015, 08:35:00 pm »

Mm... I will say at least this much for expert, especially after hard mode triggers -- cash is pretty bloody copious. You basically trip over platinum, even if you're occasionally losing some (which largely stops happening after you find the bank summoning item). It's pretty alright.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: July 09, 2015, 08:44:53 pm »

tried to reforge the band of regen but the most i got for the money i have was menacing (was expecting warding). in the case of the shark tooh necklace i have had bad luck, and getting modifiers of all kind except defensive modifiers.
Man, I'm having the same problem with Frostspark Boots, made worse by the fact that they cost 10+ gold a pop to reforge, and chewed through about six plat already. I've started generating large worlds, completely deforesting them, then making and selling weapon racks.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: July 09, 2015, 08:56:03 pm »

t-shock already seems to be getting on its feet for this version, but ssc are messed up.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11843 on: July 09, 2015, 09:00:29 pm »

Man, I'm having the same problem with Frostspark Boots, made worse by the fact that they cost 10+ gold a pop to reforge, and chewed through about six plat already. I've started generating large worlds, completely deforesting them, then making and selling weapon racks.

im finding good to make money in expert just by going anywhere, mostly the jungle, the jungle spawns many stuff if you stay in one place, it gets better if its during the night, i can start fishing or just stay there and the minions will take care of any mob coming, then its just gather the loot.

the other is to look for a marble biome and wait for mobs to appear, the medusa seems to give quite the deal in terms of money also you get the chance to farm her head.

its also usefull for farming javelins from hoplites (along with the set).

im also complementing it with fishing quests and just fishing crates and that stuff.

in other news, got a nymph while farming in the marble biome, another item in the list for the cellphone. got a golden, iron and wooden crates completing the mission for the angler. it got me another tsunami in a bottle along with the hardy saddle.

sitting on 23 gold, but its not enough. fortunately the mission gave me the high test fishing line so less fish escaping me.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #11844 on: July 09, 2015, 09:14:56 pm »

Meh, best to report it, ignore it and move on.

As for the patch notes, I think it will either prevent you from running out of range or prevent you from using walls to block projectiles.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11845 on: July 09, 2015, 09:17:43 pm »

I had completely forgotten how annoying corruption and hallow is. I just used about 300 dynamite to blow 4 giant hellavators just to seal everything off and now I notice that even if I block off the real blocks from being contaminated, the background walls still get contaminated (though apparently it's just cosmetic).

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: July 09, 2015, 09:18:33 pm »

Quick question, is there anything ONLY available in hardcore-annoyance-bullshit mode, or is that just more of the same lewtz for dealing with the irritating grief?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: July 09, 2015, 09:23:54 pm »

I don't know if this is really relevant, but... It looks like managing to decompile the code leads to... Interesting developments. I've been watching an irc explode over reds bad coding practices for the past few minutes.

Not sure if it's decompiler nonsense or his coding, but I can't help but wonder if some of this is why Terraria has problems on toasters it really, really shouldn't be having.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11848 on: July 09, 2015, 09:25:00 pm »

Quick question, is there anything ONLY available in hardcore-annoyance-bullshit mode, or is that just more of the same lewtz for dealing with the irritating grief?
Hardcore?  No.  It's why I play Easy-modo, even in Expert mode.  If you're playing Hardcore, you're doing it because you enjoy the challenge rather than viewing it with grief. 

The only difficulty boosts that give unique drops are Expert and Hardmode, both of which are tied to the world rather than the player. 

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11849 on: July 09, 2015, 09:27:09 pm »

Hardcore?  No.  It's why I play Easy-modo, even in Expert mode.  If you're playing Hardcore, you're doing it because you enjoy the challenge rather than viewing it with grief. 

The only difficulty boosts that give unique drops are Expert and Hardmode, both of which are tied to the world rather than the player.

Ah, Expert was what I meant. I haven't poked at 2.3 at all since launch. I'll go look up some notes for myself, then. Thanks.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 887