Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254406 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12330 on: July 22, 2016, 08:35:49 pm »

They both have... machinery.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: July 22, 2016, 09:17:01 pm »

All the ruddy hobos get to stay out of my room. And between me and whatever entrance the blood moon/invasions can come through. They can pay rent with their precious digital blood.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: July 22, 2016, 09:57:38 pm »

The Emperor's currency is life.  You shall pay tax unto the throne!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: September 10, 2016, 01:54:57 pm »

... so there's apparently been another update. Seems to be a fair bunch of desert stuff, primarily.

I swear, at this point it half feels like they're doing it just to screw with mod makers.
Ask not!
Ask!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: September 12, 2016, 01:44:03 am »

I'm not too familiar with Terraria mods. Would there happen to be mods that:

1) Allow you to build entire kingdoms with many more people, including useless peasants?

2) Stricter conditions for NPCs (needs a certain size room with a certain amount of value, maybe something like DF nobles)?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: September 12, 2016, 08:21:51 am »

Eehh... not that I can recall. I wasn't really looking for that sort of thing, though.

There's certainly some that allow for more npcs, though, iirc. Some of the RPG ones manage it, I do believe.

That said, the game just got an update. There's no guarantee any mods previously made still even work with the latest version. There's some workarounds with loading older versions but as I kinda' hinted at when I bumped the thread terraria is kinda' horrible about mod compatibility and updates.

Still, couldn't hurt to check. Most of terraria's mod scene seems to be fairly centralized on their forum, so you shouldn't have to hunt too terribly much.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: September 18, 2016, 08:20:45 am »

So I don't know how many of y'all tried to play with the new patch, but be warned: (what I assume is) the new stuff is nasty.

I started a new character on a new world to get all the cool new stuff, and ran into a desert not far from my spawnpoint. A dust storm kicked up, slowing my movement speed and massively decreasing visibility. That's when a living tumbleweed (Called the Angry Tumbler, natch) charged out from the desert depths straight at me. It had 150+ HP, was fast as all hell, and did 55+ damage each hit. I was unarmored at this point, still exploring the new world, and attempted to run for my life when a second Tumbler and some sort of mobile antlion (which was at least as tough as the Tumblers) also came roaring after me and I died.

Respawned some time later, back safe in my home...and the tumblers appeared over the horizon, efficiently butchered my guide, and stuck around as they murdered me a few more times as I tried to either kill them or get them to go away. When the merchant spawned, they attacked him as well. I had to save+quit to get them to leave, losing most of the money I had earned from slaying Pinky.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: September 18, 2016, 09:13:09 am »

So I don't know how many of y'all tried to play with the new patch, but be warned: (what I assume is) the new stuff is nasty.

I started a new character on a new world to get all the cool new stuff, and ran into a desert not far from my spawnpoint. A dust storm kicked up, slowing my movement speed and massively decreasing visibility. That's when a living tumbleweed (Called the Angry Tumbler, natch) charged out from the desert depths straight at me. It had 150+ HP, was fast as all hell, and did 55+ damage each hit. I was unarmored at this point, still exploring the new world, and attempted to run for my life when a second Tumbler and some sort of mobile antlion (which was at least as tough as the Tumblers) also came roaring after me and I died.

Respawned some time later, back safe in my home...and the tumblers appeared over the horizon, efficiently butchered my guide, and stuck around as they murdered me a few more times as I tried to either kill them or get them to go away. When the merchant spawned, they attacked him as well. I had to save+quit to get them to leave, losing most of the money I had earned from slaying Pinky.

Yeah I just encountered those things while having a few hearts of increased health and tungsten armor along with some platinum weaponry. Barely survived two of them.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: September 30, 2016, 09:46:59 am »

Does anyone have a multiplayer server running?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: October 16, 2016, 02:59:33 pm »

So, some modders have turned Terraria into an RPG.

Apparently it's SP only, but they're working on MP compatibility.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/super-terraria-world-mmorpg-style-mod-server-and-client-mod.936/
:'(
I liked the music they used throughout all of that. And wow, those are some very nice architectural makes! :D
...I didn't know you could mod terraria ._. [/solate]

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12340 on: October 16, 2016, 04:05:30 pm »

There's at least one or two other RPG mods for terraria, actually. The one with alternate races (you could play as a slime or a bunny at one point, 1x2 block character sprite and everything) I've forgotten the name of is pretty neat, imo (or was, last I played it). They were in better shape before the updates started up again, though... those things have been playing merry hell on mod work. There's a lot of pretty ambitious mods that basically got deep sixed by it.

... I miss red cloud/that-one-dark-souls-mod. I could barely run it once the later game stuff started coming in and danmaku mode activated, but it had a lot of neat stuff ;_;

Though yeah, modding's possible, it's just not really supported, and the updates generally break anything that's older than they are. Means that anything that got finished or mostly finished and the author wandered off is just kinda' in the dust. Workarounds of sorts are around (mostly loading up an older version of terraria), but those generally leave out all those quality of life changes that are painfully noticeable when they're going :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: October 16, 2016, 04:17:27 pm »

My understanding is that it has a modding api, but a very inflexible one so if you want to do anything neat, you can't use it much.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: October 16, 2016, 04:19:51 pm »

Far as I'm aware about the only native support is basically for map editing. Everything else has been third party. Haven't paid that much attention, so I could be forgetting something, but...
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: November 08, 2016, 02:29:19 pm »

bumping the thread for a big new.

the next patch will be a crossover event with Dungeon Defenders 2, it seems it will add tower defense gameplay to Terraria, maybe as a way to explore into how will Terraria: Otherworld play.

anywyas, its an interesting addition to the game. i was expecting more content related to the Underground Desert, but well, more random events are always welcomed, specially if they bring more stuff to craft and collect/build.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: November 08, 2016, 02:54:17 pm »

Tower Defense.

Le sigh. If there was one sub-genre of game I wished we could forget from the 90s.....
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 887