Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Alchemist: The Philosipher's Stone RTD - Turn 0 - A Small Town's Dark Secret  (Read 15960 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Yeah, second one's probably easier to do in general.

Arianna looked at the shoddy base, giving a quick "hmph." Might as well get to work, then- the base was worthless but the project was interesting, so there was no sense wasting time at the former.

She headed straight for Sergeant Cole, intent on requesting more information. If he was really in charge, presumably he'd have any relevant intel they had.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then second choice it is will have statuses on the next update.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

Adrian sighed. Maybe this was his chance at a promotion? Who knew. Atleast he couldn't be demoted or anything. He got to work setting up his small office as he liked it, making a place to put his equipment. Then, he sat down, and yawned. He was going to wait a bit.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarn kicked back in office and had to stifle a yawn as he read through his books. He was expecting something a bit more glamorous than just chasing after a rumour. 'Still time to get to work I suppose.' Standing he quickly checked out of the military base and went into town searching for any interesting rumours that could help the alchemists on their mission.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sareesa was sitting back looking at the water-marked ceiling.  This place really was back-water.  Nothing she hadn't dealt with before though.  She stood and addressed Sergeant Cole.  "Sergeant, I'm going out to take some reports and get a preliminary look at the mansion the screams have been heard from.  I'd appreciate it if you'd have one of the privates under you ready to assist me later tonight in doing a more complete investigation"  I say pulling rank over the Sergeant.  On her way out Sareesa grabs a notebook and pen with which to write down her findings and begins to ask around about the history of the mansion and local events, both relating to the possible creation of the Philosopher's Stone, and generally.  If necessary she also changes out of her military uniform and into her more casual clothes but keeps her silver pocket watch handy in case anybody doubts she's a State Alchemist.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile

Lars sat at the bar, sipping his drink. ''Hmm....'' He thought to himself ''I wonder what i might find in that mansion. He mused at the idea of heading to the mansion that night, rolling the thought around in his head. ''eh....might as well.'' Lars got up from his seat, payd for the drink, and headed off towards the deserted mansion.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

EmoBiatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leo checked his note book for information that the villagers have told him. A deserted mansion, people screaming and some weird shadows...just fantastic... He mumbled, pay'd his drink and left the bar to investigate the mansion closer. As he was walking to the mansion, he noticed that a young boy walked the same direction as he did. He's the kid from the bar...This might be interesting.
I'm flying faster than the speed of SANDWICH !

Every monday's first words : Hurrfriggin' horseshit....

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 1 - The Abandoned Grounds, and Howls of Death

State Alchemist
Joseph sat at the office he had been assigned. Well, office was stretching the term a bit. It was more like a desk in the corner of the room where all the alchemists were positioned. All right, let's see... If there really was someone planning to make a philosopher's stone here, then most likely they would be a registered alchemist. He shuffled through papers, looking for the most recent census. From there, he could always question the Sergeant about some of the more suspicious-seeming people. If he was a local he might know more.
[6] You quickly find the file on local registered alchemists, adn find that only one person is on that list. A man named Oliver Greyson, he specializes in the field of Bio-Alchemy, and was even offered a job as a State Alchemist, but he came down with an uncureable disease not long after that [2] everything after that has been removed, and when you asked Sergeant Cole about it he simply said "No one here has touched that file in two years." this seems very strange to you, and this man seems to be a prime suspect.

Kaguro sighed to himself as he wrote in his notebook, just small notes on a recent discovery in air based alchemy, nothing ground breaking, but useful to him. He opened his watch to look at the time before snapping it and the book shut and pocketing them and looking around the room. These people, this job, this place. It was just so.....boring nothing like he had imagined. Suddenly he stood up and turned towards the others. "I'm gonna head out, I'll be doing some searching on my own, cya" he said, his voice sounding odd due to the breath mask he constantly wore, before waved slightly and walking off
[75/5=15] You write down some notes for a small discovery in air based alchemy, and get it partially complete. (Gained Air Alchemy Research Notes (15% Complete)) [3] You walk outside after telling the others goodbye, and see several groups of people walking by [4] you over hear from one of the groups that the howling coming from the mansion had picked up again. Hearing this you decide to rush over to the mansion for every otehr time you, adn the other alchemists had went there no one was in the house, or anywhere near it for that matter. ( New Location Discovered: Abandoned Mansion )

Yeah, second one's probably easier to do in general.

Arianna looked at the shoddy base, giving a quick "hmph." Might as well get to work, then- the base was worthless but the project was interesting, so there was no sense wasting time at the former.

She headed straight for Sergeant Cole, intent on requesting more information. If he was really in charge, presumably he'd have any relevant intel they had.

[6] You walk over to Sergeant Cole, adn find Joseph there with him [1] you fail to overhear what they where talking about, and decide to ask Cole what it was they were talking about. You quickly ask him, and he replies "Joseph wanted to know about the resident alchemist here, Oliver Greyson is his name I believe, file since it seems someon has tampered wiht it. The only problem is no one has touched that file in two years."

Adrian sighed. Maybe this was his chance at a promotion? Who knew. Atleast he couldn't be demoted or anything. He got to work setting up his small office as he liked it, making a place to put his equipment. Then, he sat down, and yawned. He was going to wait a bit.
[5] You quickly put everything related to your military work neatly away in your storage locker in the corner of your office, and sit down in the chair. [4] You notice the most recent report file of the Alexander Family's Disappearance on your desk, and the file on the rumor, and all you know about it right beside that one.

Tarn kicked back in office and had to stifle a yawn as he read through his books. He was expecting something a bit more glamorous than just chasing after a rumour. 'Still time to get to work I suppose.' Standing he quickly checked out of the military base and went into town searching for any interesting rumours that could help the alchemists on their mission.
[5] The Base you quickly come to realize is quite small it is made up of about thirty offices, a small cafeteria, and two bathrooms spreadout across a four story complex. The area surronding the base is made up of a clear field of grass that extneds abot twelve feet in every direction from the building before being interupted by a ten foot high wall with one entrance, a large reinforced iron gate, which blocks the exit to the road. You head out into the street, and [4] quickly hear a passerby talking about screams, and shadows coming from an abandoned mansion outside of town.

Sareesa was sitting back looking at the water-marked ceiling.  This place really was back-water.  Nothing she hadn't dealt with before though.  She stood and addressed Sergeant Cole.  "Sergeant, I'm going out to take some reports and get a preliminary look at the mansion the screams have been heard from.  I'd appreciate it if you'd have one of the privates under you ready to assist me later tonight in doing a more complete investigation"  I say pulling rank over the Sergeant.  On her way out Sareesa grabs a notebook and pen with which to write down her findings and begins to ask around about the history of the mansion and local events, both relating to the possible creation of the Philosopher's Stone, and generally.  If necessary she also changes out of her military uniform and into her more casual clothes but keeps her silver pocket watch handy in case anybody doubts she's a State Alchemist.
You put away your military uniform, and change out into your civilian clothing, adn as you walk down the stairs passing the Sergeant you tell him that you were going to inspect the mansion the screams were heard from. [5] Before you can head out the front gate Private Williams comes running up behind you yelling "Hey, wait for me please !! The Sergeant told me to excort you to the mansion incase you need backup."

Wandering Alchemists

Lars sat at the bar, sipping his drink. ''Hmm....'' He thought to himself ''I wonder what i might find in that mansion. He mused at the idea of heading to the mansion that night, rolling the thought around in his head. ''eh....might as well.'' Lars got up from his seat, payd for the drink, and headed off towards the deserted mansion.
[5] You take one last sip of your drink before slapping it, and a handful of coins down on the table telling the Bartender "Keep the change, adn thanks for the drink." you walk outside, and [6] notice that the other person sitting at the bar was also heading in the same direction as you, as well as overhearing from a passing resident that the screams, and howls from the Abandoned Mansion had started up again.

Leo checked his note book for information that the villagers have told him. A deserted mansion, people screaming and some weird shadows...just fantastic... He mumbled, pay'd his drink and left the bar to investigate the mansion closer. As he was walking to the mansion, he noticed that a young boy walked the same direction as he did. He's the kid from the bar...This might be interesting.
[5] You notice the kid look over at you as you walk down the road towards the mansion, adn also see what appear to be three military officials heading in the same direstion as you. You [3] notice that one of them has a silver pocket watch attached to his belt, and fail to hear what the residents near you are saying as the walk in the opposite direction.

The Abandoned Mansion
Upon arriving at the mansion you all hear a lady's voice coming from the direction as she screamed "No !!!!!!! NO !!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON"T EAT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" not long after you hear several howls, and the woman's scream of pain, and agony as she is eaten by whatever beast was within the confines of that mansion. After a minute the howling stopped, and as a flash of lighting ripped through the sky you see the hulking shapes of three beasts prowling the grounds of mansion, and a flash of red light pour out of the windows of the top floor.

Player Statuses
Format still being fixed up.

Government Facility
Friendly NPCs
Spoiler: Sergeant Cole (click to show/hide)

The Shining Silver Tavern
Friendly NPCs
Spoiler: Edmund, The Bartender (click to show/hide)

Abandoned Mansio
Unknown NPCs
Three Hulking Shadows
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 09:15:31 pm by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok finished the turn you cna post your actions now.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

Read the files. May aswell research while waiting.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Sneak past the beasts to get inside and look for information and/or people.If I get caught, use alchemy to form blades and chop whoever caught me to bits.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Thank you Sergeant," Joseph said briskly, closing the files and putting them back on his desk for later perusal. "If you can tell me where he lived, I'll be on my way." Once the sergeant told him, he would head straight there; if Cole didn't know, he would ask the rank and file soldiers about it as well.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is the writing I did for the mansion ok? I tried to make it a bit suspenseful but I think I failed.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile

''This is gonna be quite bothersome, i can tell.''use some alchemy to fire lightning at the beasts, attempting to damage them.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you want to specify the number of lightning bolts you cast otherwise it will default to three?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12