Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1262983 times)

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #615 on: June 30, 2011, 08:54:24 pm »

Eating your pants on windows version = crash.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 30, 2011, 08:59:16 pm »

Can't eat clothing without the world imploding. (PC, Head, 1.2)

Would not eat my ruger, perhaps you should allowing eating of weapons provided ammo is avalible. Basically commit sucide. no ammo gives the standard message.

http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 30, 2011, 09:13:11 pm »

Drinking Molotov cocktails :P

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 30, 2011, 09:19:25 pm »

One source of crashing I have in the latest Windows version is when I try to unload batteries from a wielded item like a radio or flashlight.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 30, 2011, 09:27:56 pm »

would using a tiddlyspot be fine for a basic wiki?
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 30, 2011, 09:39:26 pm »

How am I supposed to consistently keep my morale up? Every time I try to read a book or craft, it tells me that my morale is too low. It even happens when I try to read entertaining books to increase my morale.

Also, whats a reliable, sustainable way to get thirst quenching fluids, I drink every drinkable comestible in all the grocery stores I find, but most only have two or three containers of milk or orange juice.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 30, 2011, 09:41:02 pm »

How am I supposed to consistently keep my morale up? Every time I try to read a book or craft, it tells me that my morale is too low. It even happens when I try to read entertaining books to increase my morale.

Also, whats a reliable, sustainable way to get thirst quenching fluids, I drink every drinkable comestible in all the grocery stores I find, but most only have two or three containers of milk or orange juice.
Try to find an MP3 Player and listen to it, this can raise your morale pretty quickly. The only downside is that you can't heaer a thing.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 30, 2011, 09:43:26 pm »

Also get a raincoat.  Getting wet is a huge (Too huge?) morale penalty, and it gets bigger the longer you stay out.  Once I started keeping myself dry I didn't have any more morale problems.
Shoes...

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 30, 2011, 09:43:47 pm »

morale from was "gimped"  basically a 1/3rd or 1/4th of what it was.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 30, 2011, 09:47:16 pm »

I just had an error with the windows version (not the latest, but second latest) while reading in bed. Thankfully, it has some text:

*NPC name* chose action Follow player.
*NPC name*: Target = -1, danger = 0
address_needs Undecided
address_player Follow player

Yeah, I get the same pretty much whenever NPCs are involved, same version. Reloading seems to help, but they often disappear...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 30, 2011, 09:57:35 pm »

Well, Now I get the brief big picture of this game.
untill Whales fully implements refugee settlement ( the ones that show up now are severely broken.)
and fixes up npc, guns aren't a option unless you get super lucky and find smg with suppresser.
I got a shotgun and started rampaging for pure curiousity, and got swarmed by 30+ zombies.

based on my experiance, the game difficulty needs to be trimmed down.
theres too much special zombies lurking around. Hulks, Brutes, Necromancers are quite common after a day,
Boomers, spitters and fungaloids are way too common. on the other hand, fast zombies are quite rare.
spawn rate has to be balanced.

bladed weapons get stuck too often. I get stuck machete or katana everytime I hit a zombie.
unarmed needs to be buffed. an adult male doing 3 damage to other person is just gay.
in game option would be very helpful. such as, difficulty adjustment or just simply turning off debug messeges permantly.
not to mention zombies are too fast, I'm not saying zombies should be slow as f*** like in classical movies, but more like dead rising-esque.
so they are actually shaaaaaaaaaambllllliiiiing. making them just a bit more slower would be very helpful.

personally I think zombies hear and smell too well. now they are just walking corpses ofc they have rotten organs and damaged brain. 
they shouldn't be hearing/smelling so well. like in l4d, some zombies don't even notice you even you are right in the next room from them.
.22 rifle/revolver is like a peashooter irl. they do make noises but not too loud. but here, even though gun noises are calculted by their damage,
technically the weakest one still draws hell lot of attention. Last time I tried to gun down a hulk wih ak and got killed by all the green zeds drawn by it.

so either make guns quieter, or make zombies dumber/slower, or make addtitional stats to weapons i.e. loudness.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:05:07 pm by BoomClap »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 30, 2011, 10:03:08 pm »

Well, Now I get the brief big picture of this game.
untill Whales fully implements refugee settlement ( the ones that show up now are severely broken.)
and fixes up npc, guns aren't a option unless you get super lucky and find smg with suppresser.
I got a shotgun and started rampaging for pure curiousity, and got swarmed by 30+ zombies.

based on my experiance, the game difficulty needs to be trimmed down.
theres too much special zombies lurking around. Hulks, Brutes, Necromancers are quite common after a day,
Boomers, spitters and fungaloids are way too common. on the other hand, fast zombies are quite rare.
spawn rate has to be balanced.

bladed weapons get stuck too often. I get stuck machete or katana everytime I hit a zombie.
unarmed needs to be buffed. an adult male doing 3 damage to other person is just gay.
in game option would be very helpful. such as, difficulty adjustment or just simply turning off debug messeges permantly.
First of all Whales is working on the NPCs. In real life, firearms make alot of noise so thats bound to attract zombies. Firearms are really suppose to be last resort weapons, and you can craft a supressor if you have a good mechanics skill. The game is suppose to be hard so don't whine about to many special zombies, I haven't even come across a hulk yet. Bladed weapons get stuck because thats what they would do in real life, you don't just cut straight through something.

About unarmed, think about it like this. Would an undead creature with a constant hunger for flesh and feels no pain be hurt by your god damned fist. And doing three damage is not "gay" your using the word gay in the wrong term unless you mean happy, does unarmed combat prefer guy's over girls? If not then its not gay. Go back to your Call of Duty if you want unrealistic games.

[/endrant]
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 30, 2011, 10:09:07 pm »

snip
First of all Whales is working on the NPCs. In real life, firearms make alot of noise so thats bound to attract zombies. Firearms are really suppose to be last resort weapons, and you can craft a supressor if you have a good mechanics skill. The game is suppose to be hard so don't whine about to many special zombies, I haven't even come across a hulk yet. Bladed weapons get stuck because thats what they would do in real life, you don't just cut straight through something.

About unarmed, think about it like this. Would an undead creature with a constant hunger for flesh and feels no pain be hurt by your god damned fist. And doing three damage is not "gay" your using the word gay in the wrong term unless you mean happy, does unarmed combat prefer guy's over girls? If not then its not gay. Go back to your Call of Duty if you want unrealistic games.

[/endrant]

well My fists do prefer guys over girls so I can say my unarmed definately is gay. happy now?
I don't get why you're going back crap crazy.
did I offend you somehow? well then I'm SORRY

edit: are you mad because of the word 'gay' i used? well if you're a homosexual then I'm seriously sorry about that.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:11:51 pm by BoomClap »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 30, 2011, 10:11:00 pm »

snip

[/endrant]

well My fists do prefer guys over girls so I can say my unarmed definately is gay. happy now?
No, I just get annoyed when people use the word gay as an insult to something. Besides im not sure if you get the theme of this game, its not about going around kill as many zombies as you can. Its about surviving, shooting a loud shotgun will obviously attract attention. Its suppose to be realistic, not running around dual wielding guns killing everything. If thats what you want in a game this game isn't for you.
Welcome to Reality.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 30, 2011, 10:16:04 pm »

snip

[/endrant]

No, I just get annoyed when people use the word gay as an insult to something. Besides im not sure if you get the theme of this game, its not about going around kill as many zombies as you can. Its about surviving, shooting a loud shotgun will obviously attract attention. Its suppose to be realistic, not running around dual wielding guns killing everything. If thats what you want in a game this game isn't for you.

well I think my lack of explanation caused all this crippled dispute. I'm no native english speaker, so mind my poor choice of words. Not saying it should be ramboing, and I know shotguns do those crazy stuff. that's why I don't even use it. in normal circumstances. and hey, speaking of realistic stuff, I'm not saying make shotgun extremely quite so that I can unload a full magazine on my wife while the neighbors are sleeping, I'm just saing small claiber weapons should be modified.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 777