Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263296 times)

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #735 on: July 01, 2011, 08:17:45 pm »

A bug I've come across using the Windows version. I used batteries to make a power converter (8 full batteries altogether). The batteries don't disappear from my inventory, they just stay there, but with zero charges. I can drop them to the ground, but if I try to pick them up again, they don't go into my inventory and they are no longer on the ground. The dead batteries just vanish.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 01, 2011, 08:48:44 pm »

A bug I've come across using the Windows version. I used batteries to make a power converter (8 full batteries altogether). The batteries don't disappear from my inventory, they just stay there, but with zero charges. I can drop them to the ground, but if I try to pick them up again, they don't go into my inventory and they are no longer on the ground. The dead batteries just vanish.

Fixed.

Skeletons, fast zombies, shocker zombies and spitter zombies were all added with the intent of forcing the player to change their technique.  Players who flee zombies will find this tactic failing against fast zombies (and brutes and hulks, but they're just there to be extra-tough).  Players who shoot everything will have to switch to melee against skeletons.  Shocker and spitter zombies might make melee characters wish they had an emergency handgun.  This way, no single technique can take care of all enemies.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 01, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »

I actually have a hard time running from spitters and shockers, even with 110 speed. They are usually fast enough to keep up with me for a long time, and they can shoot me with their acid and electricity at extreme distances.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 01, 2011, 09:13:56 pm »

Whales, are you planning on ever adding full-scale construction? Digging underground, building forts, chopping down forests, connecting all the houses with tunnels ...
Unless you ARE planning and you already told us so, in that case, disregard me.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 01, 2011, 09:17:34 pm »

I actually have a hard time running from spitters and shockers, even with 110 speed. They are usually fast enough to keep up with me for a long time, and they can shoot me with their acid and electricity at extreme distances.
Agreed. Their ranges seem to be a bit too long, especially the spitter zombies, since if they spit at you, your forced to either run full tilt through acid, which slows you down and hurts you, or pick your way through, which also slows  you down and might force you to get closer. Then, by the time your out of the acid puddle, they'll likely have spit at you again at closer range, making you pick your way through again.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 01, 2011, 09:20:41 pm »

Agreed. Their ranges seem to be a bit too long, especially the spitter zombies, since if they spit at you, your forced to either run full tilt through acid, which slows you down and hurts you, or pick your way through, which also slows  you down and might force you to get closer. Then, by the time your out of the acid puddle, they'll likely have spit at you again at closer range, making you pick your way through again.

I don't like that they can spit at you from outside your view range. If they can hit me with spit, I should be able to hit them with firearms. You can't tell me they can spit further than my gun can launch a bullet.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 01, 2011, 09:37:04 pm »

I don't like that they can spit at you from outside your view range. If they can hit me with spit, I should be able to hit them with firearms. You can't tell me they can spit further than my gun can launch a bullet.

You can shoot monsters that are off-screen.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 01, 2011, 09:43:43 pm »

Say whaaaaat!?!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 01, 2011, 09:44:29 pm »

Say whaaaaat!?!
Your clearance level is not high enough for information relating to that.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 01, 2011, 09:45:08 pm »

Well, I'll be damned. That's a useful piece of information I wish I'd had a lot earlier.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 01, 2011, 09:45:37 pm »

Say, is the Windows SDL version updated to the latest?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 01, 2011, 09:47:38 pm »

Say, is the Windows SDL version updated to the latest?
Your clearance level is not high enough for tha- *checks clearance level* oh looks like thats available to everyone. The answer is yes.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 01, 2011, 09:57:46 pm »

So it auto updates?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 01, 2011, 10:04:52 pm »

Bug report, I guess.

On the 1.3.3 - Windows
I now get the DEBUG MESSAGE - Press Spacebar after just about every action.
Drink a bottle of milk? Debug. Create a fire with the lighter? Debug.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 01, 2011, 10:07:18 pm »

Answer to every zombie.

Get crossbow, bear trap, find area that features single entryway that is near the end of the long side of the room.

Plant bear trap, hunker down while reading/crafting. If trap trips, walk up next to zombie, bash/shoot it to death, grab trap with e, rearm trap and kill any other zombies that walk into it. When done reading or camping, head to next supply area. Ideally, you'd want 2-3 beartraps on you at all times, so you don't have to worry about losing one. Molotovs are great for running, and the crossbow is excellent for single zombies.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 777