Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263229 times)

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #945 on: July 03, 2011, 09:23:19 pm »

Never crashed while unloading battery in current game.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 03, 2011, 09:47:29 pm »

I compiled mine straight from fresh sources. Unless something at the github is out of date.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 03, 2011, 10:14:20 pm »

Welp, there goes my best character so far.

In retrospect, I think it's fair to say that I completely underestimated the amount of bees in a hive.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 03, 2011, 10:16:44 pm »

Newest version, new crash:

program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x08474ade in npc::drop_items (this=0xa0085c8, g=0xbf97d974, weight=-139, volume=2) at npcmove.cpp:1176
1176        if (rVol.index > index)dable baton

----bt---
#0  0x08474ade in npc::drop_items (this=0xa0085c8, g=0xbf97d974, weight=-139, volume=2) at npcmove.cpp:1176
#1  0x08477ce6 in npc::pick_up_item (this=0xa0085c8, g=0xbf97d974) at npcmove.cpp:1058
#2  0x0847a89b in npc::execute_action (this=0xa0085c8, g=0xbf97d974, action=npc_pickup, target=-1)
    at npcmove.cpp:150
#3  0x0847df1a in npc::move (this=0xa0085c8, g=0xbf97d974) at npcmove.cpp:96
#4  0x0814ea97 in game::monmove (this=0xbf97d974) at game.cpp:2404
#5  0x08154733 in game::do_turn (this=0xbf97d974) at game.cpp:673
#6  0x08254fdf in main () at main.cpp:25

Also, slicing up a hoodie gives 10 rags, but it only takes 8 to make. Potential exploit there, though it takes enough charges its not a big deal.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:49:17 pm by GlyphGryph »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 03, 2011, 10:58:39 pm »

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 03, 2011, 11:13:59 pm »

Newest version, new crash:

program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x08474ade in npc::drop_items (this=0xa0085c8, g=0xbf97d974, weight=-139, volume=2) at npcmove.cpp:1176
1176        if (rVol.index > index)dable baton

----bt---
#0  0x08474ade in npc::drop_items (this=0xa0085c8, g=0xbf97d974, weight=-139, volume=2) at npcmove.cpp:1176
#1  0x08477ce6 in npc::pick_up_item (this=0xa0085c8, g=0xbf97d974) at npcmove.cpp:1058
#2  0x0847a89b in npc::execute_action (this=0xa0085c8, g=0xbf97d974, action=npc_pickup, target=-1)
    at npcmove.cpp:150
#3  0x0847df1a in npc::move (this=0xa0085c8, g=0xbf97d974) at npcmove.cpp:96
#4  0x0814ea97 in game::monmove (this=0xbf97d974) at game.cpp:2404
#5  0x08154733 in game::do_turn (this=0xbf97d974) at game.cpp:673
#6  0x08254fdf in main () at main.cpp:25

Also, slicing up a hoodie gives 10 rags, but it only takes 8 to make. Potential exploit there, though it takes enough charges its not a big deal.

ARGH THIS BUG.  Why is it crashing there?  Why?!  There is no reason that line should ever produce a segfault.  WHAT IS GOING ONNNN

Also good call on the hoodie, I'll adjust that.

Janet, I'll add a line or two in NPC_HINTS about larger calibers not being necessary--though it is much easier to one-shot a zombie with a heavy rifle than with a light pistol.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 03, 2011, 11:32:45 pm »

I more meant at most... You'd want a .38. Since for a begginer a .22 is too unrelyable in it's damage output. But after a few levels of skill you could very well move to a .22 as long as you have .22 LRs. Really the big stuff is for hulks and that's it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 03, 2011, 11:37:40 pm »

Found either a bug or a lack of documentation.  The description-stats of the bootstrap says it's supposed to have zero encumbrance (like the holster), but it actually encumbers the Legs by two levels.  Either it's got the wrong effect or the description should be fixed.  I would think it'd be unencumbering like the holster, especially since it's smaller.

Just because throwing out suggestions is okay, since you're working of fire, if there isn't a device capable of spreading flame, like say a flamethrower, there should definitely be one.  Maybe even a couple different kinds, constructable at different skills.  A proper one that sprays burning fuel over an area, and a simple pocket-sized version made from household materials, for setting things on fire in melee range.

Also, office buildings would make the towns seem more lifelike, even if they don't hold much of value, besides desks to be smashed up for wood.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 03, 2011, 11:38:25 pm »

So how do you change which buttons do what? For some reason it seems that movement isn't properly mapped to my number pad. Also is there any way to increase the starting char gen points?
1. Stupid question, but did you have Num Lock on?
2. Cheat Engine.

1. I've tried with num lock on and off. It just isn't mapped properly.
2. And how do you do that? ~?

3. Where's the save file stored at? I'm looking at the readme but for one theres no exe (putty?) and even then I can find the mentioned file amongst the source code.

It's mapped properly.  PuTTY has a bug (or maybe a "feature") where you must press ctrl+numlock to use the numpad.  If you are using PuTTY then the save files are stored on the server you're playing on, otherwise it's in "save/charactername.sav".

Hmm interesting... Then how do you play this without using PuTTY?

Well if you are a windows users you can find the latest bin here
https://github.com/headswe/Cataclysm
or if you are a linux user you can find the latest bin here
http://whoopshop.com/cataclysm/?C=M;O=D

Oooh, so I have to make my own exe then?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 04, 2011, 12:15:14 am »

Combat knifes are beautiful things. I bring a couple with me wherever I go now. I thought Brutes were easy before with rocks, but taking off their head in a single shot is much more satisfying... mmm, that beautiful 100+ damage. And I'm a low strength character too...

Took forever to get that first level though, what with it getting constantly stuck in at low levels. Luckily I found a book, so once I HAD that first level, I got to lv4 right quick!

The retractable rod is a fine backup weapon for skeles too. ^_^

Still had an awfully close call, down to 16 health on torso... last run into town gave me what I need, but damn hornets and shocker zombies... had to pull out my gun, and it all went downhill from there, till I was in bed on cocaine and codeine, hallucinating up a storm while thunder raged outside, fighting zombies most of which weren't real, until I boarded up the windows and got my traps sent, finally drifting off to sleep to dreams of killing my mother...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:45:11 am by GlyphGryph »

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 04, 2011, 12:20:57 am »

^ This. is why we play cataclysm  8)
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 04, 2011, 12:21:21 am »

So how do you change which buttons do what? For some reason it seems that movement isn't properly mapped to my number pad. Also is there any way to increase the starting char gen points?
2. Cheat Engine.

3. Where's the save file stored at? I'm looking at the readme but for one theres no exe (putty?) and even then I can find the mentioned file amongst the source code.

It's mapped properly.  PuTTY has a bug (or maybe a "feature") where you must press ctrl+numlock to use the numpad.  If you are using PuTTY then the save files are stored on the server you're playing on, otherwise it's in "save/charactername.sav".

Press download and you will see a list of zip files i've uploaded on the windows.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 04, 2011, 12:27:36 am »

2. Cheat Engine.

Press download and you will see a list of zip files i've uploaded on the windows.

... *slaps self* Apparently I kept downloading the source without looking at the links under those buttons. And here I was stuck at step 10 because it wouldn't take the path I set the directory to. Thank you.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 04, 2011, 01:11:54 am »

Found either a bug or a lack of documentation.  The description-stats of the bootstrap says it's supposed to have zero encumbrance (like the holster), but it actually encumbers the Legs by two levels.  Either it's got the wrong effect or the description should be fixed.  I would think it'd be unencumbering like the holster, especially since it's smaller.

Just because throwing out suggestions is okay, since you're working of fire, if there isn't a device capable of spreading flame, like say a flamethrower, there should definitely be one.  Maybe even a couple different kinds, constructable at different skills.  A proper one that sprays burning fuel over an area, and a simple pocket-sized version made from household materials, for setting things on fire in melee range.

Also, office buildings would make the towns seem more lifelike, even if they don't hold much of value, besides desks to be smashed up for wood.

As noted elsewhere in this thread, and mentioned (albeit in a hard-to-find place) in the help, wearing multiple pieces of clothing on the same body part will result in encumberment, even if the individual articles have 0 encumbrance each.

I've started work on special-effect ammo, such as flamethrower shots to set things on fire, incendiary bullets that cause gas pumps to explode,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 04, 2011, 01:16:36 am »

Spoiler: Um... Umm.... (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 777