Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263518 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1095 on: July 05, 2011, 06:22:38 pm »

May I make a request for salt, which can be mixed with water to make saltwater for somewhat easier making of beef jerky? Perhaps in sports stores and groceries, and in largish amounts, like 50 units of salt  aload?
I have never walked into a sports store and saw a large amount of Salt. Maybe groceries, but not a sports store.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 05, 2011, 06:24:54 pm »

Also, I've taken to playing Illiterate characters - pouring those points into Fast Learner + Int more than makes up for it, assuming you aren't doing electronics ever. :P

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 05, 2011, 06:25:51 pm »

Epsom salts, for easing sports injuries.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 05, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »

Damn you and your knowledge of sports!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 05, 2011, 06:28:50 pm »

Epsom salt is not the same as table salt, it's a compound of magnesium, oxygen, and sulfur. I wouldn't salt my meat with that.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 05, 2011, 06:32:46 pm »

Who would have thought crossdressing is the most viable way for men to survive the zombie apocalypse.
You could always pretend you're Scottish. A black, angry Scottish cyclops, ready to blow some corpses up.

Also, I've taken to playing Illiterate characters - pouring those points into Fast Learner + Int more than makes up for it, assuming you aren't doing electronics ever. :P
Just you wait once Melee gets some more nerfs and crafting gets important. Just you wait ...

Epsom salt is not the same as table salt, it's a compound of magnesium, oxygen, and sulfur. I wouldn't salt my meat with that.
It would work in a pinch though, since it would still dry up meat, which is the desired effect. Now, it would cause vomiting and magnesium poisoning in long term use though.
So yeah, would suck as a meat saltener.

I've got a request myself. Barrels, for quick transportation and storage of large quantities of liquid. Bulky, obviously, but should hold gazillions more than bottles.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 05, 2011, 06:40:43 pm »

So what would you all say be a good combo clothing/armor in regards to encumbrance vs protection vs storage?

I find the best for just storage and mild protection is Hoodie + Utility vest + cargo pants and a holster or two. It's not much protection but the best solution to protection is just simply NOT getting hit.
Yeah, this more than any roguelike is a game that reinforces the fact that, if you're not wearing platemail, any hit that lands is probably going to hurt bad.  Personally, I find a wool poncho to be a great addition to any outfit, since it's not encumbering and seems to add some basic-zombie protection.  Hardhats are good head protection without restricting your breathing, and skirts share the "-1" encumbrance of sneakers, if you're not wearing anything else on your legs (besides a holster).

Sneakers, skirt, hoodie, raincoat (because depression is serious), wool poncho, fanny pack, holster, fingerless gloves, ski goggles, and a hard hat might be a hilarious outfit, but it has a reasonable amount of pocket space, melee protection (except for the legs), and provides a pretty good net speed boost.  (The skirt is a matter of your own honor.  I've just settled for making female characters.)

Obviously it doesn't provide nearly as much pocket space as a trenchcoat and cargo pants, but in my experience, giving yourself to ability to carry craploads of items leads to stupid risks.  Frequent light trips work fine for me, especially since when you get right down to it, there's not much stuff you ever actually need that you can't probably find on the way to wherever you're going.

Thanks! I'll give those a try when I get the chance. I'm just trying to get to particular places via long trips through the countryside so I end up needing to stock up. Almost to my destination actually...

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 05, 2011, 06:48:32 pm »

I'm getting some message spam, apparently regarding an NPC following me. Here are the messages:

"NPC Jordan Wilson: target = -1, danger = 0
address_needs Undecided
address_player Follow Player
Jordan Wilson chose action Follow player"

Is there any way to stop this from happening?

EDIT: I also get messages about NPCs spawning and when I miss.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:54:27 pm by Detonate »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 05, 2011, 06:55:22 pm »

Well phoo. Attempting to launch the missiles just crashes the game. Ah well this'll make for a nice base anyway.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 05, 2011, 06:57:39 pm »

@Whales; as a suggestion about the NPC debug spam, how about allowing the player to press ~ whilst the messages are displayed to stop all current debug messages?

Otherwise, this is a great game. Many thanks to Whales for the game and head for the Windows version.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 07:11:53 pm by SP2 »

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 05, 2011, 07:02:31 pm »

As a suggestion about the NPC debug spam, how about allowing the player to press ~ whilst the messages are displayed to stop all current debug messages?

Oh well, that character died after he was swarmed by giant ants, but I'll try that next time.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 05, 2011, 07:11:17 pm »

Oh, I didn't clarify enough. My apologies but that was aimed at Whales.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 05, 2011, 07:31:55 pm »

Blood Filtration + Ethanol Burner + any power consuming bionics = easy mode. If you manage to get a nanobot install with that, you can quickly heal up from any amount of damage, or use a finger laser or arm cannon to dispatch thousands of zombies quickly.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 05, 2011, 07:34:15 pm »

Blood Filtration + Ethanol Burner + any power consuming bionics = easy mode. If you manage to get a nanobot install with that, you can quickly heal up from any amount of damage, or use a finger laser or arm cannon to dispatch thousands of zombies quickly.
But doesn't Blood Filtration negate all the drugs? But overdosing on painkillers is so fun!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 05, 2011, 07:37:14 pm »

Blood filtration does negate all drugs, but it is an active system. You activate it, and it cleans out every drug in you. So you get smashed, do all your opiates, then activate the filter and your clean and sober instantly.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 777