Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1262999 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1110 on: July 05, 2011, 07:38:47 pm »

Blood filtration does negate all drugs, but it is an active system. You activate it, and it cleans out every drug in you. So you get smashed, do all your opiates, then activate the filter and your clean and sober instantly.
Oh, I thought it was permanently on. Thanks, makes it a ton better!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 05, 2011, 08:12:43 pm »

Just you wait once Melee gets some more nerfs and crafting gets important. Just you wait ...
See, the thing is crafting, with the exceptions of electronics, is still really easy if you know how to do it! (exception being electronics, haven't figure that out yet)

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 05, 2011, 08:21:19 pm »

"Best served cold, in a glass, and with a lime - but you're not that lucky"

why would you ruin beer with lime its not a fancy ass cocktail
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 05, 2011, 08:22:51 pm »

Electronics crafting isn't too major, though you can probably spam it after a certain point by using your empty plastic and glass bottles to make and break flashlights. Onlyimportant part of electronics right now is hacking and bionic implants.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 05, 2011, 08:32:04 pm »

Oh, I didn't clarify enough. My apologies but that was aimed at Whales.

It works, though.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 05, 2011, 08:47:55 pm »

The teleportation is a debug feature, and using it is cheating.  But a great way to test some rarer areas for me!  In the future, this will probably be changed into some kind of "fast travel" tool, with the passage of time and the possibility of encountering monsters a threat.

Make this work when you have a car (or other vehicle) only, then if you have NPCs you have to wait for them to get in the car too,
though zombies can still attack until you leave the site, so it's possible to have to leave your friend behind to get eaten like in the movies.
And each trip would use a little gasoline.

Also, I'd like to be able to colorize notes I've placed on the map, so I can see quickly when type of note they are without moving the cursor.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:50:50 pm by Reelyanoob »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 05, 2011, 08:50:36 pm »

Anyway, this game is really cool thanks for making iiiiiiiit.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 05, 2011, 09:01:09 pm »

By the looks of it, it seems like a normal basement.

I got lost in a Lab and then got swarmed by zombie scientists. I'm lucky I ran in the direction I did otherwise I would've probably died to the turrets in the other direction. I'm loving this game. :D

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 05, 2011, 09:09:45 pm »

But is it actually connected to the sewer?

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 05, 2011, 09:49:52 pm »

"Best served cold, in a glass, and with a lime - but you're not that lucky"

why would you ruin beer with lime its not a fancy ass cocktail

Blame Eronarn, he coded beer.

The sewer lines go under your basement.  I guess.  Really, they just kind of stop there.
Anyway you're welcome duuuuuuuude.

Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 05, 2011, 09:53:35 pm »

The sewer lines go under your basement.  I guess.  Really, they just kind of stop there.
Anyway you're welcome duuuuuuuude.
That is why you always carry a jackhammer to smash your way through the walls.

Anyway, the game is amazing so far.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 05, 2011, 09:55:28 pm »

Hey, Whales, will spawning ever be nerfed? I mean, at night, no matter how defended I am (Pits four-deep in front of a storefront, everything barricaded to maximum, blah blah blah) I always get stormed and killed by three and four zombies. It's even worse because if you're sleeping, creatures avoid traps and barricades anyway. I know it's to prevent you camping out in one spot, but how is that a bad thing? I originally planned on doing a Let's Play, but it's not too fun if you're swarmed to death in less than a full video.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:02:50 pm by Duane »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 05, 2011, 09:58:09 pm »

Concept that occurred to me when my coat was destroyed - as is, if you lose the storage space from clothing being destroyed, you're immediately wildly overburdened.  Items are just kinda glued to you.  It'd be great if, when clothing is destroyed and you're suddenly overburdened, random items drop out of your inventory to bring you back down to level.  It's still dangerous, since now you've lost a bunch of your stuff in the middle of a fight.

Army Helmets having a couple points of Space would be nice, in the manner of strapping clips around the band.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 05, 2011, 10:03:37 pm »

Hey, Whales, will spawning ever be nerfed? I mean, at night, no matter how defended I am (Pits four-deep in front of a storefront, everything barricaded to maximum, blah blah blah) I always get stormed and killed by three and four zombies. It's even worse because if you're sleeping, creatures avoid traps and barricades anyway.

Damn, really?  I rarely have much of a problem with it, myself.  A few traps at chokepoints, a saferoom that's far from any doors or windows, board stuff up if you have the resources, and I'm good.  If no good safe place presents itself, a well-fed firepit works well.

Concept that occurred to me when my coat was destroyed - as is, if you lose the storage space from clothing being destroyed, you're immediately wildly overburdened.  Items are just kinda glued to you.  It'd be great if, when clothing is destroyed and you're suddenly overburdened, random items drop out of your inventory to bring you back down to level.  It's still dangerous, since now you've lost a bunch of your stuff in the middle of a fight.

Army Helmets having a couple points of Space would be nice, in the manner of strapping clips around the band.

This problem has been discussed, and I'm still unsure of how to deal with it.  Random items feels kind of unfair, and choosing items seems tedious.  And I don't want to force the player to micro-manage which items are in which article of clothing beforehand.

Sounds good on the army helmets.  2 seems reasonable, but I'm not quite sure--1 unit of volume is supposed to be about the size of an orange.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 05, 2011, 10:06:02 pm »

Sounds good on the army helmets.  2 seems reasonable, but I'm not quite sure--1 unit of volume is supposed to be about the size of an orange.

And yet 3 units of volume is an M4 clip.  I don't have a problem with it being arbitrary.  2 still sounds likely enough though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 777