Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260329 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1395 on: July 09, 2011, 06:41:17 am »

While I think that's a little out of keeping from the way the game's idea of inventory works, it would be nice to have something like a "shoulder strap" for rifles, so you could carry one irrespective of encumbrance.  Like a gun-mod, but I don't know if that could change how fast you switch to it.

Also: Equipping two Utility Vests or Backpacks? :P

Protip: wear all the fanny packs.  It's broken sure, but wearing tons of clothing is balanced out by only being able to hold 52 (or is it 53?) distinct items at a time.

Suggestion to Whales: Nethack lets you reassign the letters of items in your inventory.  This would be a really nice feature.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 09, 2011, 06:43:51 am »

Well, I'd think the fact you can wear a ton of fanny packs is balanced out by looking like a complete moron, but I guess after running around in a miniskirt shirtless with a utility vest on and a backpack, the fanny packs wouldn't make you look anymore horrible.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 09, 2011, 06:50:22 am »

Don't forget that wearing too many fanny packs cuts into how many items you can carry, since we're limited to carrying 52 items, including anything you're wearing. Plus, fanny packs still have weight.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 09, 2011, 08:09:04 am »

I have found Two places full of traps : what is it??

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 09, 2011, 08:13:11 am »

How do I correctly use the shift+z correctly? I don't spawn the correct thing.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 09, 2011, 08:19:45 am »

It's a random event thing. You can reuse the traps if you manage to disarm them or lead a zombie over them. I heard that throwing zombie corpses can set them off, but I always get the "too heavy to throw" message. Perhaps it'll work if you throw a rabbit/squirrel corpse on it.

If you're really hurting for a weapon, lead a zombie over a crossbow trap (or disarm it) and take the crossbow. Crossbows are silent, accurate, and deal a fair bit of damage. Bolts are plentiful since they only require wood, not to mention they have a fairly large chance of being reusable.

The item list doesn't appear correctly, at least in mine, you'll need to guess using the description. Press j to move your invisible cursor down and k to move it up; then enter to get the item.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that the item on the bottom of the list is what you're highlighting. Note that it's only true if you've moved down far enough for the list to start scrolling.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:24:25 am by Blaze »

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 09, 2011, 09:03:19 am »

I have found a lot of items but never i see a shovel

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 09, 2011, 09:07:22 am »

It's a random event thing. You can reuse the traps if you manage to disarm them or lead a zombie over them. I heard that throwing zombie corpses can set them off, but I always get the "too heavy to throw" message. Perhaps it'll work if you throw a rabbit/squirrel corpse on it.

If you're really hurting for a weapon, lead a zombie over a crossbow trap (or disarm it) and take the crossbow. Crossbows are silent, accurate, and deal a fair bit of damage. Bolts are plentiful since they only require wood, not to mention they have a fairly large chance of being reusable.

The item list doesn't appear correctly, at least in mine, you'll need to guess using the description. Press j to move your invisible cursor down and k to move it up; then enter to get the item.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that the item on the bottom of the list is what you're highlighting. Note that it's only true if you've moved down far enough for the list to start scrolling.

Use / or was it % inside the Wish list and type the name exactly and then press enter.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 09, 2011, 09:50:32 am »

What. Are you guys kidding?

Hit / and then type the name of the item out.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 09, 2011, 10:08:52 am »

I have found a lot of items but never i see a shovel

Keep searching hardware stores, good luck!

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 09, 2011, 11:58:24 am »

Pretty awesome game so far after spending about half a day playing it almost nonstop. I haven't actually survived for more than two or three days since I keep running around searching for all of the neat stuff I can find and inevitably being nom'd on.

Have say I really like the random character option since you never know what you're going to get. Super powered action hero time or just a punk with a bunch of problems? Either way the zombies will feast.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 09, 2011, 12:06:35 pm »

Hey quinnr, if you have the time it might be a good idea to put a Q/A in the main post, there's a lot of questions being asked repeatedly that have already been answered. Like suggestions to make rain less depressing.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 09, 2011, 12:11:54 pm »

Hey quinnr, if you have the time it might be a good idea to put a Q/A in the main post, there's a lot of questions being asked repeatedly that have already been answered. Like suggestions to make rain less depressing.

Top five complaints:
1) Rain is too depressing (been nerfed, and it's not as bad as people think)
2) You spawn inside a wall sometimes (blah blah don't care.  I'll fix it some day when I'm bored)
3) Items don't stack (Someone's working on writing a patch; it's technically challenging but it'll exist sooner or later)
4) It's too hard!  (Play a few games, you'll get the hang of it)
5) It's too easy!  (Jesus christ people make up your minds  :D)

(NPC debug spam would've made the list, maybe at #1, but they're out of the game for now.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:14:05 pm by Whales »
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 09, 2011, 01:13:03 pm »

I think the problem is that its hard, up until the point you've either forged a safehouse for yourself through various characters, OR figure out what stat/perk/defect combo works best for you, at which point there is no "endgame" content and you can survive for as long as you aren't stupid.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 09, 2011, 01:31:34 pm »

I think the problem is that its hard, up until the point you've either forged a safehouse for yourself through various characters, OR figure out what stat/perk/defect combo works best for you, at which point there is no "endgame" content and you can survive for as long as you aren't stupid.

Well, really, there's no "game" content  :P  Once you have your basic survival down, there's no real goals in the game, outside of the occasional need to replenish your supplies.  This is pretty much why the game's in alpha right now.  But it won't be long before you start seeing some missions, and the player has something to work towards.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 777