Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263230 times)

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1635 on: July 14, 2011, 08:03:00 pm »

I really wish I'd realized you couldn't build barricades with a hatchet like you do with a hammer.

Also the game is telling me to quit immediately, in all caps.  Oh God what does that mean.
Congrats, you have schizophrenia. You also end up killing your mom at some point.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: July 14, 2011, 08:03:53 pm »

I really wish I'd realized you couldn't build barricades with a hatchet like you do with a hammer.

Also the game is telling me to quit immediately, in all caps.  Oh God what does that mean.
Congrats, you have schizophrenia. You also end up killing your mom at some point.
Not just once either.

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: July 14, 2011, 08:04:14 pm »

I think it's because of one of the traits you picked, not telling you which one though.

Edit: Ninjad
I got killed by a dude who presumably has three balls.
Were you playing Borderlands?

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 14, 2011, 08:23:25 pm »

Oh dude, THAT was schizophrenia too?  Favorite trait.

I never did find any Tramadol for him.  He ended up dying right after that, anyway.  Starving, parched and in excruciating pain, holed up in a gun shop, while acid rain scoured the outside, and a mob of zombies smashed in the windows.  At 19 speed it's just not possible to fight them off, even with melee pistol headshots.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: July 14, 2011, 08:27:37 pm »

Oh dude, THAT was schizophrenia too?  Favorite trait.

I never did find any Tramadol for him.  He ended up dying right after that, anyway.  Starving, parched and in excruciating pain, holed up in a gun shop, while acid rain scoured the outside, and a mob of zombies smashed in the windows.  At 19 speed it's just not possible to fight them off, even with melee pistol headshots.

Which makes me think there should be an ability to suicide  8)
You know, like the movie. You're screwed and you know you're not gonna make it alive.
You're traped in a building and wounded badly. zombies start to swarm in and you get cornered.
So, a bullet in the head is always better choice then being eaten alive.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: July 14, 2011, 08:30:24 pm »

On an unrelated note I just killed a brute by punching it twice.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: July 14, 2011, 09:01:31 pm »

I can barely get past one day. What am I doing wrong D: Did someone post some kind of gigantic guide somewhere?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: July 14, 2011, 09:06:21 pm »

I ran into the bug with asthma where your inhaler would be emptied immediately. Such a promising character. I was gaining quite a bit of firearms skill with my .22 ++++ pistol and .22 +++ rifle. I would regularly get headshots at close range. One or two of those would take care of normal Zs.

Despite not being the strongest firearms out there, they were effective. Stupid me, though. I went through a few Zs with rat shot. Pitiful range, pitiful damage.

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: July 14, 2011, 09:06:29 pm »

I can barely get past one day. What am I doing wrong D: Did someone post some kind of gigantic guide somewhere?

Just find a build that you like and avoid combat when you can.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: July 14, 2011, 09:08:22 pm »

That's hard to do when I'll just be randomly walking and four zombies litterly spawn in front of me all the time.
Story of my life.

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: July 14, 2011, 09:12:24 pm »

That's hard to do when I'll just be randomly walking and four zombies litterly spawn in front of me all the time.

Then pick traits to make your character run faster.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: July 14, 2011, 09:14:22 pm »

Argh, how do I make a shortcut to this? I've built it, and in the same directory have a startup script that cd's there and does ./cataclysm. But when I make a launcher pointing to the startup script, it doesn't open through terminal (I assume) so it does nothing. It works if I do so manually, but I'd prefer not to need to do that.

In addition, my terminal is 80x24, and it needs 80x25. I'm required to resize it every time. Is there anything I can add to the startup script that changes that? gnome-terminal --geometry 80x25 is all that I can find, but it just opens a new term window rather than modifying the running one.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: July 14, 2011, 09:20:18 pm »

my favourite mutation: unstable genetics thingy. i grew a beak and fur before I could find some purifier.

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: July 14, 2011, 09:21:22 pm »

my favourite mutation: unstable genetics thingy. i grew a beak and fur before I could find some purifier.

So was it good or bad?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: July 14, 2011, 09:25:56 pm »

So was it good or bad?

fur keeps you warm and protects a little, while the beak gives you a random attack where you can peck someone for around 20 damage (in my exp) but stops you from wearing masks.

EDIT: it turns out purifier can fix flaws taken at the start. glitch?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 777