Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260365 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #2205 on: July 20, 2011, 03:43:14 am »

Huh. I just started a new game surrounded by a shitload of purifiers with a human corpse in the same room and this lying next to it. Huh.

Edit:

And here's what was lying with the corpse.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:45:01 am by Dariush »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 20, 2011, 03:58:07 am »

I've downloaded the source and I've made some alterations but how do I rebuild/compile the .exe?

I've downloaded minGW but it's totally incomprehensible to me. I just am not seeing how I turn my makefile into an .exe

Am I an idiot? ???

Help anyone?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 20, 2011, 04:04:41 am »

I've downloaded the source and I've made some alterations but how do I rebuild/compile the .exe?

I've downloaded minGW but it's totally incomprehensible to me. I just am not seeing how I turn my makefile into an .exe

Am I an idiot? ???

Help anyone?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTING

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 20, 2011, 04:43:19 am »

Can Windows users play online? If so, how?

Also, how does the whole online thing work? I mean, it's a roguelike, so..
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 20, 2011, 04:59:13 am »

none, none everywhere
You get a "none" every time you use the wish command and not get an actual item.  I've never seen the null (100), though.

The mushroom affliction is kinda shit-wrecking... but goddamn, is it cool.

@rawr:  You download this putty thing, configure some settings, and connect to a shared server thing.  You basically play single-player, but the map is shared - so people will find your character's corpses, and you'll find the stores and stuff all completely looted of everything good, and houses that other people set on fire will be burnt down or still on fire when you start playing.  All the characters in the load game thing are all other people's actual characters, though - try not to kill them, and stuff.

My character has been working out very well.  :D  After realizing I didn't have ANY Thorazine for my Schizophrenia, I went to a pharmacy far off from my hideout in the suburbs (surrounded by houses and fields for as far as the eye can see), where I lucked out and actually found some of what I wanted!  Oddly, I never had -any- hallucinations until after I found the stuff, at which point I keep getting attacked by my mother despite taking the stuff.

Ran out of boolit for my SKS.  Kinda scared now... but I've only just realized that you can craft a crossbow (derp).  I KNOW I saw a rubber hose somewhere... I know I've seen some steel bolts, too.

I've got a safehouse with a bunch of crap accumulating inside it.  :D  ...It's not very safe, seeing as I've only got boarded up windows, single nailboards for welcome mats, and some bubblewrap at the door to the bathroom that I sleep in for protection from the hungry menace.  But I've managed to stay there without being found through walls by zombies, so that's awesome.  There's a straight shot through the windows to another house (my starting home) to the north, too - really wanna find a shovel and dig a buncha pits, so I can build me a moat or something between the two places.

Ooh, ooh, once multi-story stuff gets implemented, will I be able to build bridges between roofs?  I've wanted to make a rooftop survivor settlement thing for like, the longest time.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: July 20, 2011, 05:31:43 am »

Once multi-leveled buildings are added in, the parkour trait should let you be able to easily jump from building to building (Like in urban dead :D).
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: July 20, 2011, 05:59:56 am »

@rawr:  You download this putty thing, configure some settings, and connect to a shared server thing.

Er... could someone explain this further? I'd really like to play on the shared map. If anyone could link to a post explaining step by step that would be great. I am not good with computer :C

edit: hurr durr de durrrr. There's a guide in the OP.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:01:47 am by rawr359 »
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Drevlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Geg Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 20, 2011, 06:15:04 am »

Whales, I praise your openness towards the open source movement.

I updated my information text file over the past few days. I repost it, I hope someone finds it useful.
(The infos are taken by posts from whales and the bay12ers who responded to questions. Credits to them)
[The zones and enemies sections are rather incomplete]

Spoiler: Knowledge base v2 (click to show/hide)

If someone wants to add something, feel free to pick it and do what you want

I also link the Orb's quickstart guide, in order not to lose it in the sea of messages.

I'm a little surprised so many people can't live for a few days. Must be my ego. Anyway, I'll type up a guide. This guide is assuming you have a few games under your belt and you understand basic game play. Probably moderately spoily.

Spoiler: Guide (click to show/hide)

Wow that took a long time. I hope its useful.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:50:13 am by Drevlin »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: July 20, 2011, 06:21:02 am »

Divide is it normal to get 1502 warnings (not errors) while compiling?

Or did I somehow link my files wrong or something?

When opening the .exe the game seems to run fine although I'm noticing a slight discrepancy between the size of my compiled .exe and HEADS .exe?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 20, 2011, 06:27:30 am »

Might I ask for the ability to convert clothes into rags? Or can we do that already?

I've also discovered that you can throw rocks at windows to break them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KimeK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 20, 2011, 06:28:01 am »

@rawr:  You download this putty thing, configure some settings, and connect to a shared server thing.  You basically play single-player, but the map is shared - so people will find your character's corpses, and you'll find the stores and stuff all completely looted of everything good, and houses that other people set on fire will be burnt down or still on fire when you start playing.  All the characters in the load game thing are all other people's actual characters, though - try not to kill them, and stuff.

I just found this rawr. May help.

Also, is there any way that we can protect our characters from other people logging in with them? I guess no one here would do that, but you never know... and it would be quite sad to lose some long lasting char

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 20, 2011, 06:55:37 am »

Divide is it normal to get 1502 warnings (not errors) while compiling?

Or did I somehow link my files wrong or something?

When opening the .exe the game seems to run fine although I'm noticing a slight discrepancy between the size of my compiled .exe and HEADS .exe?
Have you just mistaken me with DivideByZero?

Anyway, yes, those are normal.
Who knows why there's a size difference though. Maybe I linked an unnecesarry library in the guide. But, meh.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: July 20, 2011, 07:52:11 am »

Whales was kind enough to include some documentation on adding items. You can find it here.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: July 20, 2011, 08:04:59 am »

So I tried to unload my two full UPS's, but instead of batteries, I pulled out 2,000 .22 LR bullets. I raged a bit, took my super-modded marlin 39a and my leftover batteries for my MP3 player, and went to go vent on some slimes in a slime pit. So I went in, wrecked shit, and when I ran low on ammo, I gave them the finger, tossed a molotov, and bugged out. Needless to say, my rifle and firearm skills went through the roof: 53 firearm and 41 rifle skill.

The thing was, I started missing a lot more than I did before, missing several times in a row with a rifle with 90 accuracy and 0 recoil. I played with the save file a bit and found that reducing my rifle skill made me hit more often.

So I'm guessing there's an overflow somewhere if your skill gets too high. Might want to fix that or put a skill cap eventually.

Also, is there any real meaning to the slime pit or is it just there to grind weapon skills? All I found in there were some rags and the occasional playboy magazines. Oh, and there was this one pit that had 5 stacks of marijuana in it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:07:12 am by Blaze »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 20, 2011, 08:11:59 am »

All I found in there were some rags and the occasional playboy magazines. Oh, and there was this one pit that had 5 stacks of marijuana in it.
Rags and playboy? Err... I don't want to know what the slime pit was doing :P

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 777