Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263476 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3555 on: July 28, 2011, 07:17:40 pm »

I'm really interested in NPC player interaction. What we see from the zombie movies, humans usually have conflicts with each other because of greed, jealousy and egoism, even with all these zombies out there. I want to see faction wars, NPCs attacking you because they are starving and you have food or just because they became insane.

Wars between factions with different objectives and ideals. A faction who believes this is God's work and we must accept our fate, another faction who just raids and steals everything and murders people, another faction filled with scientist who are trying to examine and cure the whole zombie situtation, another faction which is poor and only tries to help poor people to survive and live with their knowledge about survival, a communistic faction which calls it's members "comrade" etc.

I really want to see stuff like these in this game because good ol' zombie butchering gets boring after a while.

Don't forget the Unitology faction that wants everyone to become one with the zombie horde.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: July 28, 2011, 07:19:30 pm »

I've been playing around with mutagens and savescum to see what I can get. I now have infrared vision. What does it do? It says i can see heat. Does that mean I have some form of night vision?

Yes.  Warm-blooded monsters that you cannot see (because it's dark or they're behind a wall) will appear on your screen as a red ?.  This can be very useful.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: July 28, 2011, 07:22:18 pm »

Cool. Too bad i lost that guy to turrents from the lab.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: July 28, 2011, 07:22:44 pm »

I'm really interested in NPC player interaction. What we see from the zombie movies, humans usually have conflicts with each other because of greed, jealousy and egoism, even with all these zombies out there. I want to see faction wars, NPCs attacking you because they are starving and you have food or just because they became insane.

Wars between factions with different objectives and ideals. A faction who believes this is God's work and we must accept our fate, another faction who just raids and steals everything and murders people, another faction filled with scientist who are trying to examine and cure the whole zombie situtation, another faction which is poor and only tries to help poor people to survive and live with their knowledge about survival, a communistic faction which calls it's members "comrade" etc.

I really want to see stuff like these in this game because good ol' zombie butchering gets boring after a while.

Don't forget the Unitology faction that wants everyone to become one with the zombie horde.

Heh, good times ;D
A faction like that would be fun to destroy. You would have a reason to destroy buildings :D

So, things like that, are they going to be implemented? (answerer would be Whales  ::) )

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: July 28, 2011, 07:29:22 pm »

Heh, good times ;D
A faction like that would be fun to destroy. You would have a reason to destroy buildings :D

So, things like that, are they going to be implemented? (answerer would be Whales  ::) )

Yes.  There's factions that want to spread the fungaloid disease, factions that want to bring the destruction of the earth, and more.  See the second half of facdata.h

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: July 28, 2011, 07:37:36 pm »

Heh, good times ;D

Yes.  There's factions that want to spread the fungaloid disease, factions that want to bring the destruction of the earth, and more.  See the second half of facdata.h

Huh. Gives me a few ideas for a new suggestion ...
Am I suggesting things too much?

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: July 28, 2011, 07:40:18 pm »

Heh, good times ;D

Huh. Gives me a few ideas for a new suggestion ...
Am I suggesting things too much?

Hell no, you always have good ones!  Faction suggestions will be kept on file for later, as they probably won't really be implemented for a while.  The only trait that's really implemented is Elite Training; if you use a two-way radio to summon help from an Elite Training faction, the responding team will be stronger.

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: July 28, 2011, 07:45:59 pm »

Soo... Zombies seem to like to knock on my windows when I go to bed. Even though I've usually cleared the area of them before I head in for the night. Can they hear me tromping around inside, or can smell me through the walls? I find it very strange to sleep around 4 hours silently and then all of sudden be woken up by a zombie punching me in the groin >.<
I ask because I'm still in the dark of how the zombies work and not sure if they're supposed to auto-target you if you've been idling for too long :p

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: July 28, 2011, 07:47:26 pm »

But I need my Savage 111F rifles to make Deon's pizza! D:
*Hugs*

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: July 28, 2011, 07:53:49 pm »

But I need my Savage 111F rifles to make Deon's pizza! D:

I thought it was just the bullets you needed, not the gun itself? :S

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: July 28, 2011, 07:54:24 pm »

No, the gun itself is an ingredient. You just pop it in there with the rest.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: July 28, 2011, 07:59:45 pm »

No, the gun itself is an ingredient. You just pop it in there with the rest.

Oh... Well that doesn't mean you have to hoard all of them and never use them for pizza :P
I just find it an incredible gun. Not sure what kinds of volumes other guns make with a silencer, but this is the quietest I've ever used as well as the most lethal.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: July 28, 2011, 08:06:25 pm »

What round does it fire? .22? .22 is very quiet, and so is 9mm.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: July 28, 2011, 08:08:04 pm »

.308 Winchester.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: July 28, 2011, 08:09:52 pm »

Huh. Well, I don't know about .308, or any round besides .45 and the ones I mentioned. I tend to avoid firearms because they're so deudly.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 777